Level Up (A5E) State of the Archetypes - Feb 1, 2023

xiphumor

Legend
I mean, if we're going to look at O5E 3PP, the warlock will get way out of control. Red Opera, the Patronomicon and the Compendium of Forgotten Secrets: Awakening probably add around 30 new warlock subclasses just between the three of them.
Yeah no. Just the official subclasses here. I don’t want to torture myself.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
WAIT! We’re dumb! We forgot Paranormal Powers!

Now I have to consider how/whether to include the Psion on this list.
D'oh!

Also, you should think about the Scholar and Witch if you do. Those are Roll Them Bones's new ones.

xiphumor

Legend
D'oh!

Also, you should think about the Scholar and Witch if you do. Those are Roll Them Bones's new ones.
I bought the scholar (for savant-design research purposes) but I don’t have the witch. And I’m a big proponent of a distinct witch class! Not everyone agrees with me, but I find it takes a strange degree of finagling to make a proper witch in this game.

I think I’ll probably leave the 3PP classes out. It’ll get really confusing once VRC comes out and we have TWO Psions

xiphumor

Legend
A0F16990-E202-4A6E-BB6C-7674FA3FDFFF.jpeg

Here we go. O5e is dead! Long live @Steampunkette!

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Also: with you on the Witch class being its own thing.

I want to start doing some thematic toolkit-style products that plug into the new classes folks have been introducing. That'll also give me some options for getting some more of the under-represented classes in there. :unsure:

xiphumor

Legend
Also: with you on the Witch class being its own thing.

I want to start doing some thematic toolkit-style products that plug into the new classes folks have been introducing. That'll also give me some options for getting some more of the under-represented classes in there. :unsure:
I’m sure the designers would appreciate that! I considered whether my savants would make for better scholars, but the scholar class is a bit too magical for what I’m going for.

Remove ads