stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [OOC]

James Heard

Explorer
Awesome. I was beginning to feel overwhelmed with the voice of Janis. More conversation, less monologue! YAY!*

*Not that I, obviously, shy away from a good monologue -Or talking without truly caring if people are listening in general. :D

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ah c'mon James... you and I could argue with each other all day and night! LOL! We should make up a game thread where we do nothing but just debate each other. :p

But in any event, welcome pathfinderq1 and Kafkonia! It's be great to have a cleric and... whatever Perriwimple is.

(I actually must confess I do not remember where Perriwimple comes from and who/what he is. A gnome warrior? Was he one of the folks defending the barricade? I'll need to go back in the game thread and check it out.)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
And by the way... I just noticed in our loot list that we now have Danovich's magical full plate and shield. Is this something Ashlyn might be able to upgrade to? She right now has +1 half-plate, right?

There's also a magical greatsword in there, but I dunno if any of us use a greatsword.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
DEFCON 1 said:
(I actually must confess I do not remember where Perriwimple comes from and who/what he is. A gnome warrior? Was he one of the folks defending the barricade? I'll need to go back in the game thread and check it out.)
Perriwimple is the brute of a man who keeps on coming out of the other major building in the square ('Bildrath's Mercantile') to rebuild the barricades. First introduced here:
Behind her, the shop door opens to reveal a huge form of a man. This must be Perriwimple. The man is probably fresh out of youth, and there is a slackness to his face suggesting a lack of intelligence. The man keeps his head down, trying to avoid any eye contact with the others or the dead, and when close, spins around and diverts off another direction. With a single purpose, he goes across the street, apparently to the inn and disappears inside.

pathfinderq1

First Post
stonegod said:
Yes, please mail them both to me (use the link on the side).

As stated, Heroes of Horror is one of the source materials, with all that it means. Pure Soul is an acceptable source.

Does Tessa favor a Sovereign?

Both versions sent- it makes for a long email, but the form wouldn't let me send them as Word attachments. Let me know if everything came through okay, or if you need anything more. As far as deities go, Tessa serves the Sovereign Host as a whole rather than any individual deity- though she has her favorites (in her desire to do good, she tends to pay more attention to Olladra, and her fondness for fire means she has an inclination to Onatar).

James Heard

Explorer
DEFCON 1 said:
Ah c'mon James... you and I could argue with each other all day and night! LOL! We should make up a game thread where we do nothing but just debate each other. :p
It would get boring if I did it any more than it occurs already.

Daellin should probably use the greatsword even though he's usually using the bow, since everyone else is either non-proficient, already in possession of a magical melee weapon, or optimized for some other sort of melee weapon.Perriwimple or one of the other newcomers could use it once they join. He'd be frightening with it, but it seems that Kafkonia is taking the character in another direction.

drothgery

First Post
James Heard said:
Daellin should probably use the greatsword even though he's usually using the bow, since everyone else is either non-proficient, already in possession of a magical melee weapon, or optimized for some other sort of melee weapon.

Hmm... he really needs a decent melee weapon for now; it'll be a while before he can use his Cyran Avenger abilities at range.

stonegod

Before you venture from the town (which may be a bit), I'd appreciate to know what you all will be going w/ the various loot and equipment from Selase's body. Anything on Bergeron's is going to be claimed by House Jorasco, however.

Kafkonia

First Post
James Heard said:
Daellin should probably use the greatsword even though he's usually using the bow, since everyone else is either non-proficient, already in possession of a magical melee weapon, or optimized for some other sort of melee weapon.Perriwimple or one of the other newcomers could use it once they join. He'd be frightening with it, but it seems that Kafkonia is taking the character in another direction.

Indeed. It seems to me that a simple boy from town would not be a master swordsman, although he might be good with his fists, hence my feat selection. That being said, I certainly recognize that a non-monk unarmed combatant is hardly an optimal build, so I don't mind having him pick up a sword on occasion. :)

stonegod

pathfinderq1 said:
Both versions sent- it makes for a long email, but the form wouldn't let me send them as Word attachments. Let me know if everything came through okay, or if you need anything more. As far as deities go, Tessa serves the Sovereign Host as a whole rather than any individual deity- though she has her favorites (in her desire to do good, she tends to pay more attention to Olladra, and her fondness for fire means she has an inclination to Onatar).
Both came through fine. Purity of Soul + Child of Khyber is an interesting mix as those two can be seen as a bit opposed. The pyro is fine, but I'm going to propose a modification that is all arcane based instead of psi-based and its tailored exactly to aberrant dragonmarkers:

Flame of Khyber
Prereqs. Concentration 8 ranks, Craft (alchemy) 1 rank, Knowledge (arcana) 2 ranks; Aberrant Dragonmark (burning hands, produce flame), Must of set a fire just to watch it burn.

The Flame of Khyber class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (any) (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), and Spellcraft (Int).

All the abilities would be the same save for Firewalk and Heat Death except their Spell-like where appropriate. You're not going to get enough levels to get to Firewalk IC so I'm not going to worry about a rework of it for now.

Essentially, this translates as one free feat (since Wild Talent isn't needed) and a few skills to move around.

As for history, the only caveat I have is that remember House Jorasco is the company to go to for hired-healing; the Church is not in the healing business. However, I can see Tessa perhaps volunteering for the war effort (possibly against her surperior's wishes) in order to heal as sort of a counterpoint to Jorasco's more capitalistic services.

Remove ads