stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [OOC]

Stormwind

First Post
@stonegod: sorry about the delay checking in. My computer just died so my posting may be a bit slower until I replace it.

Regarding a new player, I would definitely prefer to have Sir Khensu and/or Sir Urik in the party. I also agree with most of the points that DEFCON mentioned above regarding getting reliable players.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
James Heard said:
I know, but like I said, it's really about finding the time to take downtime. Janis can't afford to miss combats either, because she's already down XP.

On the other hand, I suppose if everyone runs off to fight stuff and get killed she'd be relatively ahead of the game re: new players.

Well most likely... once we finish up the remaining few things in town, the only thing remaining on a grand scale is to make our first foray up to the castle. And in that regard, we can probably give ourselves as much time as we need to prepare for that. I dunno if any of us have Identify or not, but we have a number of magical items available to possibly divy up... you have a companion to find... I don't think any of us have Scribe Scroll, but if we did, we could spend a bit of time writing a few of those... my character can spend a bit more time examining the journal for more info... once the caravan arrives we need to get the new players acclimated... etc. etc. A 24 hour window (if not longer) to get stuff done shouldn't be a problem at all (and most likely merited before actually entering Castle Ravenloft).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
- There are no current time sensitive events upcoming
- There will be opportunities for small things to do in the village (help id the dead, help bury the dead, etc.) as desired. For example, you are still looking for the next of kin for Viktor.
- Janis has scribe scroll via her Wiz 1 level
- No one has identify, though the caravan should be able to help w/ that
- The caravan will be arriving... when pathfindgerq1 has a completed character

stonegod

Khensu is currently going on hiatus. My priority for recruitment will be one of:
- Sir Khensu
- Ladreth
- Perriwimple
As possible tank replacements, with the caveat that if Khensu is chosen and GL shows up and makes a good case for coming back, than a replacement/swap could be made.

Sir Urik I am currently liking as an NPC, and I think he will be fighting his own battles most of the time so not as to show up the party (he is currently CR 7, just like the rest of y'all).

There is a bit of time lag between Janis' speechifying and the trip to the Indirovich manor, so that gives Janis the opportunity to lead her peasant revolution before joining the rest of you.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Okay, so both versions of Tessaryl are basically done (except for the typed portion of the advancement breakdown). I have her in Cleric 5/Child of Khyber 1 and Cleric 5/Pyrokineticist 1 for level 6 forms. Background/equipment/description info is identical- there is some minor difference in skill breakdown (mostly PrC qualifications), and minor variance in feat selection.
Now I have few last minute questions/notes to finalize:

1. Do you want to see both versions, or just one (and if so, which one)? I'm kind of inclined towards the pyrokineticist variant, but not enough to make my choice definite.

2. Now that I have finally acquired Heroes of Horror, I'm curious to know if we are likely to encounter the Taint mechanic in game. If so, is the Pure Soul feat available? This only applies to the Child of Khyber version, since the other variant does not have a feat free, and would likely be explained not that she is precisely resistant to Taint, but that her Aberrant side has already put its own mark on her that is stronger...

3. With the Magic domain, she does have access to Identify as a Domain spell, and can use arcane wands/scrolls etc. fairly well, so that may be of assistance given our lack of a pure arcane caster. Just something to keep in mind...

stonegod

pathfinderq1 said:
1. Do you want to see both versions, or just one (and if so, which one)? I'm kind of inclined towards the pyrokineticist variant, but not enough to make my choice definite.
Yes, please mail them both to me (use the link on the side).

pathfinderq1 said:
2. Now that I have finally acquired Heroes of Horror, I'm curious to know if we are likely to encounter the Taint mechanic in game. If so, is the Pure Soul feat available? This only applies to the Child of Khyber version, since the other variant does not have a feat free, and would likely be explained not that she is precisely resistant to Taint, but that her Aberrant side has already put its own mark on her that is stronger...
As stated, Heroes of Horror is one of the source materials, with all that it means. Pure Soul is an acceptable source.

pathfinderq1 said:
3. With the Magic domain, she does have access to Identify as a Domain spell, and can use arcane wands/scrolls etc. fairly well, so that may be of assistance given our lack of a pure arcane caster. Just something to keep in mind...
Does Tessa favor a Sovereign?

stonegod

As previously said, I was in the process of trying to get us another tankish person, and have been able to talk Kafkonia into the role. So, yay!

Kaf will be taking on Perriwimple or Ladreth, so Khensu will be persona non-player for now.

Kafkonia

First Post
stonegod said:
As previously said, I was in the process of trying to get us another tankish person, and have been able to talk Kafkonia into the role. So, yay!

Hi folks! I knew persistence would pay off! :D

Kaf will be taking on Perriwimple or Ladreth, so Khensu will be persona non-player for now.

I'm writing up Perriwimple, and I'll have a post in RG soon with the bare bones up shortly, to be fleshed out.

Remove ads