Stop it! A note about polls

graydoom

First Post
Well, as I noted above, I like polls, when they are well-used. But the polls are getting out of hand! There's just so many pointless, off-topic polls that it is starting to get very annoying. Maybe Piratecat or one of the other mods should start closing the pointless polls and warning people?

It's getting out of hand... people are sinking to new levels. I wouldn't be surprised if I soon saw a "Do you allow polls?" poll. I want to keep them on, but they're just being mis-used so much :(.

I wanted to just be able to say "Let people become used to polls, and they won't abuse them as much", but it seems that there needs to be some moderator guidance :(.

madriel

First Post
The one about band wagons. It bugged me. It just seemed to be a magnet for people joking around about their being too many and the people who wanted them to stop joking around.

The off topic polls and polls about polls are getting on my nerves. There's just too many. In my opinion. I realize not everyone will agree with it. We have to respect each other's opinions.

In this case respecting each other's opinions means we don't jump all over each other for posting and not posting so many polls. That way everybody can be a little bit happier.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
graydoom said:
Maybe Piratecat or one of the other mods should start closing the pointless polls and warning people?

Might want to rethink asking for official policing quite so soon...

I expect the Administration would prefer to not have to draw an official line, 'cause having to impose official will always grates on someone. With any luck, we will be able to collectively find the best uses of polls without their intervention.

And, really, how much longer will dumb polls be interesting? I won't be surprised if they drop off on their own soon enough. If not, even then, straight close-and-warning probably isn't the best idea. Remember, it isn't like the membership has been given a guideline to follow. An official announcement thread giving people an idea of what the Big Guys would like to no longer see would be preferrable to heavy-handedness, no?

Edit: Well, this'll teach me to read the Meta forum first. Morrus has made an Announcement there...

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Someguy said:
Well, there aren't amny know that moruss made the anouncment

*blink* Huh? It's right on top of the General Discussion forum. If you read the forum for which the announcement is actually pertinent, then you really couldn't miss it.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Umbran said:

*blink* Huh? It's right on top of the General Discussion forum. If you read the forum for which the announcement is actually pertinent, then you really couldn't miss it.

I think he meant, "Well, there aren't many (polls) now that he made the announcement."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mark said:

I think he meant, "Well, there aren't many (polls) now that he made the announcement."

Ah, yes. Looking at it now there are two ways to interpret that particular spelling error. My way, and the right way...

Someguy

First Post
Umbran said:

Ah, yes. Looking at it now there are two ways to interpret that particular spelling error. My way, and the right way...

I can't spell for the life of me ;) ;)...

but that's what I meant, ever since he made the announcment...thje amount of polls has really been cut back

Remove ads