D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder Miniatures

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I bought a case of the new miniatures set, and was pleasantly surprised by what is included.
First off, all of the giants are huge (except the large Fomorian and the gargantuan Chief Guh).
Second, while the set numbers 45 pieces (plus the usual invisible versions of 8 figures) there are both A and B numbered versions of 3 figure. Cloud Giant with spear/sword 28A/B, Frost Giant with sword/axe 29A/B, and Fire Giant with hammer/mace 32A/B. These are same sculpt with different weapons, labeled on base as A or B.
Also, at first I thought I was missing a few commons, then realized some sculpts were similarly slightly altered, but again numbered seperately, and often painted quite differently. Bandit and Bandit Captain (dagger/sword) have very different paint jobs, as do the two Yuant-Ti Purebloods (bow/sword). The Thri-Kreen have different weapons, but only slightly different paint. The Sprites have bow or sword but identical paint.
All in all, a nice set. My only issue is some of the character figures (human-sized) are identified by name only, and I haven't found them in the module yet.

Last edited:

GarrettKP

Explorer
I am waiting on my case to come in. With yours did you miss out on any of the named NPC's from the adventure? (Hekaton, Iymrith, Harshnag, ect.) I want to know if I will have to purchase more from this set after my case comes in or if I can expect to get most to all of the mini's from my Case!

pukunui

Legend
Giants are always so expensive to buy on the singles market ... sigh!

I'm curious to know where all the named characters in the set are from. They're not in the hardback adventure, as I far as I can tell. I'm talking about:

- Cazi Alphelandra
- Crag Ungart
- Solara Thann
- Helena Nostrum
- Lai Antolio

I know Kleef Kenric is from a novel.

pukunui

Legend
[MENTION=662]thalmin[/MENTION]: How do the new giants compare to the frost and stone giants from the Tyranny of Dragons set? Obviously they're on bigger bases, but are the actual figures more or less the same size?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I am waiting on my case to come in. With yours did you miss out on any of the named NPC's from the adventure? (Hekaton, Iymrith, Harshnag, ect.) I want to know if I will have to purchase more from this set after my case comes in or if I can expect to get most to all of the mini's from my Case!
In the full-case purchase (that's 4 bricks of 8 packs in a sealed case) I got a complete set except for the invisible versions of 4 figures. With each release, that has been the situation. 3-5 of each common, 2-3 of each uncommon, 1 of each rare, half of the very rares (the invisibles).

thalmin

Retired game store owner
[MENTION=662]thalmin[/MENTION]: How do the new giants compare to the frost and stone giants from the Tyranny of Dragons set? Obviously they're on bigger bases, but are the actual figures more or less the same size?
The new giants are larger. For the most part, they are larger than the huge giants from the older WotC D&D huge giants from Giants of Legend and from Against the Giants.

GarrettKP

Explorer
In the full-case purchase (that's 4 bricks of 8 packs in a sealed case) I got a complete set except for the invisible versions of 4 figures. With each release, that has been the situation. 3-5 of each common, 2-3 of each uncommon, 1 of each rare, half of the very rares (the invisibles).

Good. That's all I really want. Looking through the list 1 of each rare and 2-3 of each uncommon would be perfect. Very excited for my Case to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove ads