D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The bartender laughs at his own joke, before being caught off guard by Tranio's question. "I'm Miros. What did Aremus have to tell me?" The hairy man eyes dart back to Dren. "Wait a second, you said your tavern was destroyed? My folks live in Nightstone. Is everything alright there?"

"Oh!" says Tranio, caught off guard by the improbability of their meeting.

"Oh! Please sit down and join us." He waits for the hairy man to do so, and pushes his drink to the side.

"I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but the news is not good."A guard, Toren, asked us to deliver a message to you. Nightstone was attacked by giants, stones thrown into the village, and one of them hit your parents' home and killed them."

Tranio looks at the big man, gauges his expression. Anger, doubt, confusion. "They died with many others. I wish I could tell you more. They are being honoured, and I pray that you be guided as you hear this."

OOC: With a quick blessing, Tranio casts Guidance on Miros, perhaps to help him on his save against being frightened or angered.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I brought these good folk to help clean up the area, truth be told. The Abbot approved of the mission, so perhaps he is only expecting Chauntea to provide for us while we do the job." Aremus assures the monk. He is reminded of Miros Xelbrin, and thinks that Tranio may have told him by now. On the one hand, he'd have liked to have helped his neighbour in this trying time, but on the other hand - he hated to see a large, hairy man cry.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Goldenfields/Northfurrow’s End Inn
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren raised an eyebrow skeptically at Ordrar. “Adapted f’r ‘umans?” he asked. “Yeh mean watered doon? Mebbe wi’ some fruity fru-fru flavors rather than guid ol’ fungi an’ mold?”

When it turned out the furry bartender was the man they were looking for, Dren grew quiet, glancing side eyes at Tranio. Aye, this was better coming from the elf.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 5/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Heh, no Dren. They can hold their beer just fine." and to Miris "I'm giving it away because the tavern was destroyed and fate calls me away on battle business. I'd hate to see good work go to waste. Don't worry about quality."

After introductions are made he adds. "I'm sorry for your loss."

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina sits at the table with Tranio and remains quiet as he delivers his grim news. She tries her best to look sympathetic, but sympathy is not something she was taught by the guild as a child.

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 15; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]24[/COLOR]/24
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] DEX +6, INT +4
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 13
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Halfling, Thieves' cant
[B]Skills:[/B] Acrobatics +8, Deception +2, Investigation +4, Perception +3, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +8
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 8 (-1), Dex 19 (+4) , Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+2), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 11 (+0)

[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
[B]Money:[/B]24gp 4sp 4cp

Inn: "They died," the hairy man roars in shock and anger. His large hand begins to crush one of the custom tankards with a golden symbol of wheat on it. Tranio's magical words causes the bartender to regain control of his emotions, rage giving way to a more somber response.

"If only I was there. I could have done something," the bartender claims before letting out a large sigh. "I'm sorry friends, but you'll have to fine somewhere else to stay. I need to head to Nighstone at once."

Abbey: Zi Liang lets out a sigh. "I was the one who pestered the Abbot into allowing this mission. None of that matters now. I'm just happy that...

Both Locations: Without warning, the sunlight dissapears from every door and window, leaving you all in an unsettling darkness. It as if a storm, or the clouds at least, appeared in an instant.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Uh... that can't be good." insists Aremus and he beckons to anyone willing to join him as he heads outside to look for the source of the trouble.

[roll0] (If helpful)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio is curious at the sudden darkness, but is not going to leave the large man alone. He nods at the bartender's words, but says nothing further. If Miros goes outside, Tranio will as well, but for the moment, he is going to stay beside the grieving man.

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan, Wizard 5

Fistan looks up at the sudden cloud cover, "Given our recent ...err... travel, that seems suspicious. I suspect that's not Zephyros, and therefore bad news. Might I suggest we regroup, we may find ourselves struggling to convince local authorities of a good coarse of action." Fistan says to his companions, believing that the group that he'd accompanied here would be more likely to act, given what they knew.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 30/30 (HD: 5/5d6)
Arcane Ward: 14/14 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)
LEVEL 3: (2/2) *Counterspell, *Fireball[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads