log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Can we fight an elder dragon? Even with the kings help? Shouldn't we wait for reinforcements, for the king to recover fully. Take time and plan. We don't know anything about the dragon..."

While not exactly afraid, Ordrar shares his races predilection for strategic planning and organized assaults rather than wild charges into the unknown. Just rushing in...it feels so...human. But throwing their lives away without informing anyone sounds even worse.

"We should at least inform our people of new developments. And where we're going. And what's really going on. We don't need punitive expeditions to some helpless giant villages because some hotheads decided they need a new king. And we may get some support if we can get a message to the flying castle. How far is this dragon?"
 

log in or register to remove this ad

"We should at least inform our people of new developments. And where we're going. And what's really going on. We don't need punitive expeditions to some helpless giant villages because some hotheads decided they need a new king. And we may get some support if we can get a message to the flying castle. How far is this dragon?"
The group is free to inform Goldenfields or any other the large cities of the developments. They might be able to persuade / scare them into providing some manpower. Don't think you have to go straight to the final battle. You have an airship after all!
 

"You are right as ever, my friend." said Aremus to Ordrar, "We must inform the Abbot. While we are at it, maybe we should stop in Waterdeep and beseech the Open Lord to lend us a flock of Griffon Calvary!"

Ordrar thought he was kidding, but Aremus set a course for the City of Splendors, saying, "It's on the way to Goldenfields, after all!"
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Purple Rocks/Airship
Afternoon
Round 0

“Can anyone send magically on the way?” Dren asked. “Might save time. Dae we wan’ t’ sneak up on the lair, land the ship a ways away an’ gae on foot?” Though if they were bringing an army, it might not work.

Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Fangs of Fire Snake (10’ reach)
  • Elemental Attunement (Minor effects)
  • Gong of the Summit (Shatter)
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike
  • Unarmed strikes count as magical
  • Evasion (Dex saves, half damage on fail; no damage on success)
  • Stillness of Mind (Action: remove one charmed or frightened condition)
  • Move along vertical surfaces or liquids during movement
  • Purity of Mind: Immune to disease and poison

AC: 17
HP: 83+12 typ/83 HD: 10/10d8+2
Ki: 10/10/R


Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Giant. Big Ship. Desert. Dragons eyes." Ordrar responds in a monotone. But he winks and smiles afterwards.
"We'd need to land too far away to be able to sneak close enough so she doesn't see the giant coming. But if we can come up with a way to mask the ship in the air..."
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
OOC: Apologies for the delay. I am here, bt have had to move my teaching life online, and am just catching up. Tranio is leveled up to 10, gained divine intervention and the ability to cast Light. lol.
 

OOC: Lots of craziness as you're all well aware. Might be transitioning to work from home, but still don't know yet. Fingers crossed.

Reinforcements: Anyone wanting to call in some Calvary give me a persuasion or intimidation (fear of the threat the dragon/giants pose rather than yourself) check. Let me know which group/individual specifically you are turning to and if you're going in person or magically contacting them.

Lair: Stealth checks from anyone going to scope out the lair.
 


KahlessNestor

Explorer
Dragon Lair
Afternoon
Round 0

Stealth: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

Dren went with Aremus to scout out the lair, keeping much quieter than his elven friend. Tangling with a dragon was going to be difficult, especially if it took to the air.

Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Fangs of Fire Snake (10’ reach)
  • Elemental Attunement (Minor effects)
  • Gong of the Summit (Shatter)
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike
  • Unarmed strikes count as magical
  • Evasion (Dex saves, half damage on fail; no damage on success)
  • Stillness of Mind (Action: remove one charmed or frightened condition)
  • Move along vertical surfaces or liquids during movement
  • Purity of Mind: Immune to disease and poison

AC: 17
HP: 83+12 typ/83 HD: 10/10d8+2
Ki: 10/10/R


Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tranio knows he is not an expert on stealth, and does not want to endanger his companions before the Final Conflict. If his god is going to manifest, it will be in a tutultuous encounter, and not because he made some pebbles crunch.

Instead he goes to town, and works to drum up support for the enterprise. Who knows who might come out of the woodwork, as it were, and he promises the blessing of his deity, urguing with both fair ways [persuasion] and foul [deception] depending on what he thinks might be more effective.

OOC: Persuasion: 1d20+7=8
Deception: 1d20+7=13.

Tranio does not like the dice roller.
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Sorry, we had a bit of trouble in Croatia so I was...indisposed. I level up Ordrar and he would argue against going in 'to scope the lair' as that separates the party.

He would like to send a word to that giant wizard if possible. And the old giant ranger. And the princess. In that order of preference - money...as much as I can spend.

And I'll buy and Weapon Bond another warhammer, just in case.


When the group landed in Waterdeep, Ordrar went to the dwarven community and asked around. If Deeplake banner was seen on a flying castle around he asks about it. Otherwise, he goes into the temple and asks for a sending spell.

King found. Iymrith the cause. Now in Waterdeep. Meet if possible in X day near northeast of Ascore, an ancient dwarven city.

As they approached the lair he wishes the scouts good luck
"Be careful, friends. We would like to have you in the final confrontation. I will remain with His Majesty. "

 

Aremus: Waterdeep had been having lots of troubles of their own lately. Cloud Giant cities have been orbiting the city of splendor, growing bolder with each day. The Open Lord did not feel they could spare any of their air Calvary at this time.

Ordrar: You don't find the particular banner, but have no trouble getting messages magically sent. Serissa is thrilled that you found her father alive and will be sending some giant sized forces to help. Zephyros has dealt with the troublesome fire giants in the north and will meet the party as soon as he can. No word on Harshnag though, since he was last seen fighting the same dragon. Hopefully, he made it out alive.

Tranio: The citizens of Waterdeep and the surronding areas are less than thrilled to pursue your death cult. However, the Zhentarim make their interest known. Yes, the very same group of sell swords who opposed you back and Nightstone are now willing to join forces. It depends how much gold you offer.

Scouting Party: Your destination is far to the east, farther than any of you have traveled before or even knew was possible. Your long journey ends here, in the desert. A churning cauldron of black clouds fills the sky as thunder peals and lightning flashes. Half buried in the cold dunes is a crumbling amphitheater adorned with statues, many of them broken, the rest worn smooth by wind and sand. Two large trebuchets stand atop the ruins. Where cheers once rang out across a great city, now a solemn fortress stands before you, waiting for you to draw near. From a distance, you don't spot any enemy forces. Rather, you see about thirty stone gargogyles spread throught out the arena and several trebuchets.
 

Aremus turned to Dren and said, "Do you think those gargoyles are the animate sort?" and later, "Those trebuchets might make it dangerous to bring the sky-ship forward."
 


KahlessNestor

Explorer
Dragon Lair
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren glanced at Aeremus, considering. “I think we better assume those gargoyles will animate,” he told the cleric. “Maybe we can disable those trebuchets, an’ then bring the ship up? Can the ship take ‘em oot?”

Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Fangs of Fire Snake (10’ reach)
  • Elemental Attunement (Minor effects)
  • Gong of the Summit (Shatter)
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike
  • Unarmed strikes count as magical
  • Evasion (Dex saves, half damage on fail; no damage on success)
  • Stillness of Mind (Action: remove one charmed or frightened condition)
  • Move along vertical surfaces or liquids during movement
  • Purity of Mind: Immune to disease and poison

AC: 17
HP: 83+12 typ/83 HD: 10/10d8+2
Ki: 10/10/R


Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
 

Tranio: If you have know coin or treasure to offer then the Zhents would be happy to help in exchange for inflated future payments or vague notion of a favor owed.

Reinforcements: While the party debates their next move the horizon would ripple. At first one might suspect this just to be the heat, but out steps The Storm King holding a magical conch much like his own. Flanking the leader are two equally tall Kingsguard. "Have you decided on a plan of attack," the ruler asks.
 


KahlessNestor

Explorer
Dragon Lair
Afternoon
Round 0

“I think we sneak up if we can, an’ take oot those trebuchets,” Dren said. “Tha’ way the ship is safe. Or mebbe turn ‘em on the dragon. If the dragon makes an appearance, all bets’re off. E’er’one pile on, or we’re focked.”

Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Fangs of Fire Snake (10’ reach)
  • Elemental Attunement (Minor effects)
  • Gong of the Summit (Shatter)
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike
  • Unarmed strikes count as magical
  • Evasion (Dex saves, half damage on fail; no damage on success)
  • Stillness of Mind (Action: remove one charmed or frightened condition)
  • Move along vertical surfaces or liquids during movement
  • Purity of Mind: Immune to disease and poison

AC: 17
HP: 83+12 typ/83 HD: 10/10d8+2
Ki: 10/10/R


Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
 

"Indeed, my friend. We take out the trebuchets, and entice the dragon to act!" said Aremus enthusiastically, as if he enjoyed the idea of being 'focked'.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top