D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The idea of fighting a dragon alongside a giant, like the tales of old (though come to think on it, some of the tales had people on dragons, fighting giants) appealed so much to Aremus, that without consulting the others he said, "We would be very happy indeed to join you, your Majesty. We could, perhaps keep the army of goblins at bay while you deal with the dragon. We would also be an extra set of eyes, to watch for treachery and deviousness on the part of the dragon."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The winds carries Aremus' words up to the second ship, and Tranio hears snatches. The sentences are incomplete, but he knows Death will soon be coming.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Giant battling a dragon...where did I see that recently?" Muses Ordrar.

Them he grins theathrically, snapping his fingers and relates the tale of Harshnag and the battle with the dragon.

Last edited:

The Storm King nods at Aremus suggestion.

"Yes, you leave Imyrith to me. I will make sure that wicked beast suffers," the giant growls. "Are you able to steer this vessel back to land?"

OOC: Everyone level up one last time! Let me know if there is anything you want to do / visit before we head to the final location.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Purple Rocks/Airship
Afternoon
Round 0

“Aye, we will help ye right this wrong,” Dren agreed with the Storm Giant King. He turned and climbed out of the hold, and then up the rope that was lowered from the airship, ready for the next leg of this journey.

Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Attack 1:

Attack 2:

Bonus Action:

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall -- Slow Fall (reduces falling damage by 45)
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
Abilities to remember:
  • Fangs of Fire Snake (10’ reach)
  • Elemental Attunement (Minor effects)
  • Gong of the Summit (Shatter)
  • Deflect Missiles
  • Slow Fall (5xL=45)
  • Stunning Strike
  • Unarmed strikes count as magical
  • Evasion (Dex saves, half damage on fail; no damage on success)
  • Stillness of Mind (Action: remove one charmed or frightened condition)
  • Move along vertical surfaces or liquids during movement
  • Purity of Mind: Immune to disease and poison

AC: 17
HP: 83/83 HD: 10/10d8+2
Ki: 3/10/R

Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight

The Storm King would be able to tell you the following things:
• Iymrith is an ancient blue dragon known as the "Doom of the Desert." She is also called the "Dragon
of Statues" because she creates living statues to guard her lair.
• Her lair is a ruined amphitheater half-buried in the cold desert sands northeast of Ascore, an ancient and
abandoned dwarven city.
• She is a spellcaster and, like all blue dragons, is immune to lightning damage.

Would you like to fly directly into the stronghold or try a more stealthy approach?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I will be a challenge to get it away from its lair, and if we do, then it will always just be able to fly away. It'll be hard to find a midpoint between those two situations.

This is not helpful, perhaps. Tranio can call on Divine Intervention, which has a 10% chance to work. That's not helpful either.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As terrible as it sounds," suggested Aremus after listening to everyone's concerns, "I suspect it may be best to confront her directly. The more time she has to prepare, the worse it will be for us. Let us go right there, right away and get this done. I have the utmost faith in your abilities my friends. We shall prevail, I have no doubt!"

OOC: Aremus and 5 others, which I assume is everyone, will have 12 temporary hit points. Let's go!

Remove ads