5E Storm King's Thunder

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Wilderness near Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 2

With the fear gone, Dren raced down the hill to where Harshnag was fighting the dragon, his steps seeming to barely touch the ground as he flew along the intervening distance. He leapt up and slammed both rock-like fists into the dragon’s tough, scaly hide.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack):
Unarmed: 1d20+6 22
Damage: 1d6+3 7
Unarmed: 1d20+6 12
Damage: 1d6+3 9
Bonus Action: Step of the Wind to Dash as a bonus action
Move: 50’ to the dragon
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Unarmed: 1d20+6 7
Damage: 1d6+3 8
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Immune to fear (Calm Emotions)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 6/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Shaking his head, both to clear it from the fog of fear and at Drens reckless charge, Ordrar hefts his shield and moves toward the melee.

As he closes in, he incants quick spell whirling his hammer around and three green-gold orbs race toward melee, weaving and bobbing to unerringly hit the dragon. The small burns seem insignificant at the sheer scale of the beast and its giant opponent, but in combat, every distraction counts.

"Dumathoin preserve us."

[sblock=Action]
Move: 25' toward melee
Actions: [roll0]
[/sblock]
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Bethany, her fear dissipated ran for the melee. She hurled a useless handaxe at the dragon when she could not close with the beast.

OOC: Move: Run towards dragon.
Action: Hurl Handaxe. Handaxe: 1d20+8 15 1d6+7 11
 
[Apologies, computer died on me last week and I temporarily lost my PDF of the adventure. Everything is back to normal now.]

Hits: Both Fistan's fireball and Ordrar's magic missile connect with the mighty opponent.

Misses: Bethany's axes bounce off the blue scales and Aremus' arrows land much closer to Harshnag than the intended target.

Dren: The most unlikely of sights occurs, as a dwarf flies through the air and uppercuts a massive dragon. The first punch connects with the evil foe, visibly surprising and hurting it.

Dragon: The enemy has noticed the party, but remains focused on their giant opponent for now. It lashes out at Hasrhnag with a bite and two massive claw rakes. The swipes both miss, but the bite (was a nat 20) is incredibly brutal. The party watches in horror as razor sharp teeth sink into their allies shoulder and electricity courses through out him.

Harshnag: The legendary frost giant isn't out of the fight yet. Harshnag swings his ax twice and connects once into the dragon. It is evident to all watching that this is no ordinary blade, and not just because of the size, as frost grows out around the dragon's wound. Clearly this is a battle between two deadly forces.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tranio is still in the fog, but steps out, and walks towards the dragon.

He is calm as he does so, unnaturally so, and as he stalks towards his foe, lashing its way into the giant's chest, he whispers a quiet prayer to his god. "Darken its light."

OOC: Round 3.
Tranio is still in the fog, move to within 30'
Cast Blindness [DC 14 Con save, or be blind for 1 minute].

Spells left: 3/1/3/1.
Concentrating on Calm Emotions: 9 rounds left.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Realising that he would have to do better, Aremus calmly channelled some magical energy into his bow, and fired twice more at the dragon.

OOC: Bonus Action - Magic Weapon. Concentration. [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] for [roll3]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

The fog cloud that they have been sheltering disappears as fast as it appeared revealing the last few of the party that were hiding in it. Fistan gestures and speaks his strange words and a mass of sticky cords appears above the thrashing dragon. It immediately falls covering the wyrm in strands the tangle its wings and limbs.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 44/44 (HD: 7/7d6)
Arcane Ward: 18/18

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 15
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (2/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep
LEVEL 2: (3/4) *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C), Flaming Sphere (C)
LEVEL 3: (2/3) *Counterspell, *Fireball, *Fear
LEVEL 4: (1/1) *Polymorph
Rituals: Unseen Servant (1), Alarm (1), Find Familiar (1), Comprehend Languages (1), Identify (1), Tiny Hut (3)[/SBLOCK]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Wilderness near Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 3

Dren gave a grateful exhalation as he clocked the dragon, still under the effect of the magic keeping the fear at bay, but also making him emotionally numb. He spun back around to throw another assault at the dragon’s thick hide.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack): 2 Attacks
Unarmed: 1d20+6 12
Damage: 1d6+3 8
Unarmed: 1d20+6 11
Damage: 1d6+3 4
Bonus Action: Flurry of Blows
Unarmed: 1d20+6 20
Damage: 1d6+3 7
Unarmed: 1d20+6 20
Damage: 1d6+3 9
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Unarmed: 1d20+6 15
Damage: 1d6+3 7
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Immune to fear (Calm Emotions)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 5/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Dragon hits the dirt

Ordar finishes his approach, going on the side and slightly behind the dragon to establish flanking position with the rest of the attackers around the dragon. His swing thumps solidly into its back knee. What follows is the veritable storm of swings, thumps and pushes from various angles, all working together to pull even four-legged beast out of balance.

"Ha ha! There you go, that's how you fight the big beasties!" Ordrar manages a moment of jubilation before the magic pulls him back in the center of calm.

[sblock=Actions]
OOC: all Ordrar attacks ignore resistances and immunities (stein rune Crushing Brand property)
Total: 27 damage and the dragon is prone

First attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I'll collect the rest of the rolls here
Second attack
attack 24/22, damage 11 and if both would hit, dragon lands prone

Action surge:
First attack
attack 10/13, damage 6

Second attack
attack 22/26, 10 damage
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:
Ordrar: Two of your attacks hit and knock the beast off of Harshnag and to the ground.

Dren: None of your blows, as impressive as they may be, manage to connect with the opponent.

Aremus: You aim is much better, but you still manage to just miss the foe.


Tranio: The dragon is caught off guard by your spell [roll was 5 +8 for 13 ] and is suddenly blinded. It roars in anger.

Fistan: The ancient dragon, no doubt focused on fighting blindly, is suddenly pulled to the ground and wrapped in your magical webs.

Harshnag: Enraged from the deep bite he received, Harshnag lifts a nearby boulder with ease and tosse it at the dragon. The large stone shatters against the reptilian head.

[ Advantage Roll(1d20)+9:
19,+9
Total:28

Roll(1d20)+9:
3,+9
Total:12


[Your attacks are at advantage next round!]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Wilderness near Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 4

Dren grinned as the dragon roared in frustration as it was blinded. Dren spun around, launching another flurry of attacks at the dragon.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack): 2 Attacks, Advantage
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 11
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 9
Best=11, probably a miss
Damage: 1d6+3 7

Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 12
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 21
Best=21
Damage: 1d6+3 9

Bonus Action: Flurry of Blows
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 26
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 18
Critical Hit!
Critical Damage: 2d6+3 8

Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 21
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 13
Best=21
Damage: 1d6+3 6

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall


Object Interaction:
Conditions: Immune to fear (Calm Emotions)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 5/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Arrows seemed useless against so powerful a foe. Still numb from Tranio's spell, Aremus wasn't frustrated - nor was he afraid. He calmly dropped his bow and ran toward the Giant. When he arrived, he reached out and touched the giant's leg, channelling his mother's healing magic through his light gauntlet. Then he tucked himself behind his shield and began to draw his sword.

OOC: 20 HP worth of Lay-on-Hands.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Tranio keeps his distance, for he is concerned for what the Dragon might do. Fortunately, the giant is making headway. Swirls of black fog spin around the dragon's eyes, and Tranio has to remember to continue to radiate a sense of peace, but as he does so, he raises his hand and sends a bolt of negative energy coursing over the plain towards the massive serpent.

OOC: Round 4.
Tranio steps out of the fog, fires chill touch (range 120') and steps back in.

Chill touch[roll0] or [roll1], whichever is better. If a hit, damage = [roll2].

Blindness persists: [DC 14 Con save, or be blind for 1 minute].
Spells left: 3/1/3/1.
Concentrating on Calm Emotions: 8 rounds left.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

Focusing on keeping his web on the dragon Fistan was limited in what he could do. It might be counterproductive but he sent a bolt of fire streaking at the restrained dragon. It landed true, burning the dragon and setting the web on fire.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Action: attack Attack and damage: 1d20+7 27 2d10 6
Crit damage: 2d10 6
Burning Web damage: 2d4 5
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Not sure exactly how you rule the web burning. Will this 5ft square ignite adjacent 5ft squares next round or not?

Tranio steps out of the fog, fires chill touch (range 120') and steps back in.
The fog isn't up anymore, Fistan is concentrating on a web spell.


[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 44/44 (HD: 7/7d6)
Arcane Ward: 18/18

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 15
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (2/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep
LEVEL 2: (3/4) *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C), Flaming Sphere (C)
LEVEL 3: (2/3) *Counterspell, *Fireball, *Fear
LEVEL 4: (1/1) *Polymorph
Rituals: Unseen Servant (1), Alarm (1), Find Familiar (1), Comprehend Languages (1), Identify (1), Tiny Hut (3)[/SBLOCK]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Ordrar keeps swinging, once comitted that is the only way they can survive. It is, after all, either them or the dragon. But his dwarven nature calls to thinking "If we kill it here, how will we know where its hoard is."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: behind the dragon, between the tail and the hind leg on his side
Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Hopefully hit for 12

Attack 2

Att2 - (1d20+9)[12]
Att2Adv - (1d20+9)[11]
Damage - (1d8+5)[7]
- MISS
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top