• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

5E Storm King's Thunder

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Bethany moves into striking range of the beast and slashes away furiously.
OOC: Attack 1 [roll0] Adv [roll1] Damage 1 [roll2] Menacing Strike Frightened Wis DC 16
Attack 2 [roll3] Adv [roll4] Damage 2 [roll5] Menacing Strike Frightened Wis DC 16
 
Dren: With each hit, Dren writes a story that will live on for generations. Though unarmed, three of his four attacks land on the massive foe. The third blow in particular seems to really rock the dragon, who roars in frustration.

Aremus: Harshang did not expect such kindness or bravery from a tiny human. Seeing you draw your blade, he smiles and turns back to the dragon.

Tranio: The chill touch lands on your blinded target.

Fistan: Continues the streak of hits landing on the dragon.

Ordrar: Is too focused on his dwarven love of treasure and misses the foe.

Bethany: You charge into battle and furiously slash at the dragon, doing great damage. No one would ever imagine this being possible, but a former army cook has filled an ancient blue dragon with absolute fear [NAT 1!]. It lets out the most pathetic roar.

Harshang: Being healed and now surronded by allies, the giant once more sinks his axe into the bonnd, blinded, and frightened foe.

Dragon: The wounded creature regains it's sight [ 8 +6 = 14]. It struggles to break free of the webs, but is still tied down [ 11+0=11]. It becomes desperate like a cornered animal, and suddenly lets out a fierce roar. This is not a roar of sound though. This time a web of lighting flies out and towards the party. [ Dex saving throws please. Since the dragon is both restrained and firghtened they can be at advanatage.]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Aremus dove for cover. He was as graceful as ever, but all sense of urgency was gone from him in his emotionless state. He was almost certainly far too slow.

[roll0]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

Fistan continues his fiery attack, aware that if he burns off too much of the web he'll make it easier for the dragon to escape.

OOC:
DEX saves: 1d20+2 4 I guess that fails, but I'm not sure that Fistan is close enough to need to make it

Action: Attack Attack and damage: 1d20+7 13 2d10 10
web burning: 2d4 6I suspect that misses though


[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 44/44 (HD: 7/7d6)
Arcane Ward: 18/18

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 15
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (4): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (2/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep
LEVEL 2: (3/4) *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C), Flaming Sphere (C)
LEVEL 3: (2/3) *Counterspell, *Fireball, *Fear
LEVEL 4: (1/1) *Polymorph
Rituals: Unseen Servant (1), Alarm (1), Find Familiar (1), Comprehend Languages (1), Identify (1), Tiny Hut (3)
[/SBLOCK]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Round 5.
Tranio strides forward as the lightning flashes around him, unphased by the sparks flying around him, or at least doing his best to appear so.

The end of this creature is near, and he wants to feel it, feel its heart stop beating. An offering to the unnamed god that feeds him. His hands touch the creature's scales, which are warm and impermeable, and coarse like sandpaper.

He sees the creature's eyes clear, focus. "Yes, it was I that took your sight," says Tranio.

He channels the power of death, and presses in, sending necrotic energy coursing into what will soon be a carcase.

OOC: Move: to Dragon
Inflict Wounds (third level slot): To hit (with advantage) better of [roll0] and [roll1]. If a hit, damage = [roll2].

Spells left: 3/1/2/1.
Concentrating on Calm Emotions: 7 rounds left.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
As the storm rages around the warrior it sparks around his runed hammer, another point of focus seems to be the strange stone around his neck. It seems part of the energy is pulled into the weapon.

OOC: Reaction: Absorb elements (2/5 spells remaing)

[roll0]
[roll1]

:)
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
Ordrar keeps slamming into the side of the dragon. On the first hit, the sparks leave the weapon and crawl impotently over the blue scales. But the hit is still solid adding to the tally of dragons injuries.

OOC: if 20 would hit, the dragon is prone again
OOC2: part of the rune attunement: Crushing Brand: bludgeoning weapon inscribed ignores resistance and immunity.
It doesn't specify which resistance and immunity, I'm assuming (and it makes sense) that to be bludgeoning, but if not, add 1d6 lightning damage to the total :)

Action:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Move: slide next to one other PC - give disadvantage to one dragons attack (if it happens)
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Wilderness near Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 5

Dex save advantage: 2d20+6 33
Best: 20

Dren dove out of the way of the dragon’s lightning breath, easily dodging the worst of it due to the dragon’s pitiful condition. Then he moved in again, launching another rapid series of punches against the thick dragonhide, his knuckles bleeding from the tough scales, but ignoring the pain.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack): 2 Attacks, Advantage
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 20
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 9
Best=20
Damage: 1d6+3 6

Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 26
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 9
Best=Critical hit!
Critical Damage: 2d6+3 9

Bonus Action: Flurry of Blows, Advantage
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 14
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 26
Best=Critical hit!
Critical Damage: 2d6+3 8

Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 11
Unarmed, Advantage: 1d20+6 11
Best=11
Damage: 1d6+3 7
Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Immune to fear (Calm Emotions)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 59/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 3/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
A great bolt of lightning crackled around Aremus and he rose up into the air before falling unconscious on the ground.

OOC: This would be why I was wondering why everyone was taking their turns. Didn't we just get blasted with Dragon Breath? I mean, that knocks Aremus out from Full HP. (Which I'm pretty sure he was at, but now he's DOWN. 0/60 HP.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Wilderness near Goldenfields
Afternoon
Round 5

The lightning caught Dren as well, sending the dwarf’s smoking body to lie still on the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
Dren Rockfist Character Sheet
Action (Extra Attack): 2 Attacks, Advantage

Bonus Action: Flurry of Blows, Advantage

Move:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles, Opportunity Attack, or Slow Fall
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Immune to fear (Calm Emotions)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 0/59 HD: 7/7d8+2
Ki: 3/7/R
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]
 
Harshnag: The frost giant watches as the blast of electricity explodes the nearby field and drops several of the heroes to the ground. He begins to speak in his native tongue and the runes on the sea conch begins to glow.
The conscious party members would watch as their bodies turn to dust, wondering if this is the end. The last thing they would see is the frost giant charging the dragon before...

New Location: The group finds themselves in a dark alcove. On the floor is a large glowing glyph similar to the ones on the conch. The moist walls here are covered with bioluminescent lichen, snails, starfish, and barnacles. Tiny, harmless crabs crawl across the floor, avoiding the sigil. Everyone hears a powerful female voice accompanied by the deep, haunting tones of a masterfully played pipe organ. The music comes from within a spiral staircase on the otherside of the alcove.

OOC: Everyone gains a level for bravely fighting the main villian. You have a chance to stabilize any down heroes now too.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
OOC: You need to tell me if I'm down or not, I'm afraid. I wasn't "in melee" when the dragon breathed, but maybe you just mean part of the combat. Rolled a 22 (nat 20+2, but that probably doesn't matter) on the save, and I think the Inflict Wounds would hit. Obviously can't take 60 damage.

Maybe you can tell us who's still standing? Thanks!
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
OOC: I honestly don't think it's possible for anyone to be conscious. Edit: Maybe Ordrar. Absorb Elements could have kept him up if he had more than 32 HP.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top