Storn's art for swipin'!

Storn

Explorer
Some more supers commissions. A shapechanger and a martial artist who can split into 6 versions of himself. I only showed 3... seemed a bit redundant visually to go to all 6. <g>

Juraissic72.jpg

Multiply72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Storn

Explorer
You can say that again.

Good stuff as always. I dig the Winterweir cover. I guess people don't commission backgrounds for their characters very often? Too bad, because you're good.

That is a cover for a publisher... which has a different visual problem solving equation than a character portrait. Character portraits are about the character, what they look like, body language, social standing (ie, what they wear).

Covers are about evoking a mood, setting, locale etc. So it is simple different.

Occasionally, folks want backgrounds that are tied into their character, I do charge for that... so it tends to be rare... but it happens.

Cause games cannot have enuff anthromorphized-cat-puma-were-folks...

Puma72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Storn

Explorer
Ten Ton Studios is having another weekly challenge. It is Trigun, an anime, which I only have seen an episode of... and didn't care for (Cowboy Beebop is soooo much better, as is Black Lagoon). But it is a fun visual to doodle.

Come to Ten Ton forums and check out the various Triguns that will be posted until midnight, Weds. Voting begins on Thurs and ends Thurs.

Trigun72.jpg

(not creative commons)

The Green Adam

First Post
Blast from the Past

Hey Storn,

We haven't spoken for a while but I've been a fan ever since we met some, geez, 20 years ago...really?

To drudge up some memories and put them in a time and place...Dragun Z, Ilan, Joe, Grey Bowman, The Forbidden Planet, Kendo in the Mud and The Compleat Strategist, all in NYC.

I was wondering if you had any illustrations from that time period? Do you remember or ever re-draw any of the old characters from our games? If so I'd love to see them and your fans here would certainly find them cool and possibly a hoot to compare to your current stuff (your work was great back then as well but the contrast and comparrison would be extraordinary).

I'm also really happy to hear about your recent personal developments. As someone who was once married to his best friend and fellow gamer, I can tell you there is nothing in the world like having someone understand you and your interests and love you for it. Though we are still great friends, I miss her being here with me very much.

Take care, keep'em coming and hope to catch you at a con one day. One round on me.

Adam Dickstein

AD
"Never Give Up, Never Surrender!"

Storn

Explorer
Hey Storn,

We haven't spoken for a while but I've been a fan ever since we met some, geez, 20 years ago...really?

To drudge up some memories and put them in a time and place...Dragun Z, Ilan, Joe, Grey Bowman, The Forbidden Planet, Kendo in the Mud and The Compleat Strategist, all in NYC.

I was wondering if you had any illustrations from that time period? Do you remember or ever re-draw any of the old characters from our games? If so I'd love to see them and your fans here would certainly find them cool and possibly a hoot to compare to your current stuff (your work was great back then as well but the contrast and comparrison would be extraordinary).

I'm also really happy to hear about your recent personal developments. As someone who was once married to his best friend and fellow gamer, I can tell you there is nothing in the world like having someone understand you and your interests and love you for it. Though we are still great friends, I miss her being here with me very much.

Take care, keep'em coming and hope to catch you at a con one day. One round on me.

Adam Dickstein

AD
"Never Give Up, Never Surrender!"

I still have a couple of comics somewhere in my collection. But sketches from games... nah... not so much.

What are you up to these days Adam? it is good to hear from you. Nice trip down memory lane.

Storn

Explorer
The Evil Hat folks behind Spirit of the Century are coming along the pike with some 4th ed products. I got to do the cover (and a few interiors) for "The Shroud". A "world-seed" product about a necrotic fog blowing in from the north and Ape and Witch Doctors as PCs... there is much more to it... here is their website on it:

One Bad Egg » The Shroud

and here is my cover I did for it.

Shroud72.jpg

(rights owned by One Bad Egg)

Storn

Explorer
I'm pretty excited about Starblazers Adventures... a game running on the FATE engine and is space opera based on a british comic series of the same name. I don't even have the rules yet. But I did glean a bit from their pdf preview.
And I'm a pretty experienced Spirit of the Century GM and player and Starblazers is it's kissing cousin.

And I did sketch up a "Wraith" insertion ship for my upcoming game.

My basic idea is to have a ship that can do fast FTL, great anti-detection and eccm and is only lightly armed. Thinking it can be piloted by 2, have a AI named Sarah, and can, in a pinch, keep 8 alive, but more comfortable at 6.

I have no idea why the AI is called Sarah... it just seemed right. <g>

You can check out a pdf preview of Starblazers Adventures here:

Starblazer from Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd

Wraithsk72.jpg

Remove ads