Storn's art for swipin'!

Storn

Explorer
Got a chance to do a cover for "Messiah". This was one fun cover to do! It was fun researching all the different faces... and finding a sweatshirt that would work.

Wanted to share and to shill for Chris Perrin, the game designer of the game.
Here is a link to what Messiah is about. Sounds like fun!

http://knrpg.blogspot.com/2008/07/introducing-messiah.html

And here is what I did for the project:

Messiah72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Here is a winged dude with a bow for a supers game.

PFalcon72.jpg

And this one has a bit of a story behind it.

I met Millie 23 years ago. She became my wife after 4 years of living together. We broke up a year later. But parted on very good terms. I always thought the world of her, but we simply where too young, too different (she is Puerto Rican, I'm a white guy without an ounce of religious upbringing, she comes from a huge family and is a twin, I come from a tiny family. I was a raving geek, she was not etc. etc.)

18 years pass and we meet again and rekindle our romance this last xmas. She is now moving to my home town and I'm very happy to have this 2nd chance.

One of our causes of friction was she thought role playing was "stupid". Now, many years later, and because she is a nurse instructor, she uses roleplaying as case study-teaching aides every semester. When we rekindled, she expressed large interest in trying out this odd hobby of mine (ours).

This picture is her first character, done during play. She played 4th ed D&D this last Saturday and had a great time, wants to do it again. She was very nervous, but my fellow gamers did a wonderful job of embracing her and her character. I had a great time. So... there's the story behind "Midnight aka Serielle, Paladin of Avandra".. Millie's first character.

Midnight72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

Storn

Explorer
Storn, congratulations on the reconciliation, I wish you guys the best.

...oh, and your art is great, too!

Thanks!!!

I've been a bit busy of late, with paintings for publishers and web banners, I haven't been churning out the commissions of late. I also am homeless...well... not really, I'm house-sitting for my aunt who is in Italy. But it does mean that most of my studio is in my folk's barn.

But, between cleaning and painting my new apartment for september, and moving my stuff around, dashing down to Philly to help my girlfriend on her move, I am starting to crack down on my queue of commission art.

Got a couple of "fiery" concepts... one superhero, one fantasy. And one more fantasy. I'm loving 4th ed D&D simply because it is giving me a chance to do a lot of fantasy characters!!! <g>.

Starfire72.jpg

Baltar72.jpg

Herugrim72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

Harsh

First Post
Storn,
I missed you this year at Gencon. I gather from the above that you did not make it. I'm also glad to hear life is treating you well. My wife is Puerto Rican to my midwest whiteness so I totally feel you, but when there is chemistry, then well, there's chemistry. Cultural differences can be a good thing. :)

The art is looking great, man. All the best to you!

Harsh

Storn

Explorer
Storn,
I missed you this year at Gencon. I gather from the above that you did not make it. I'm also glad to hear life is treating you well. My wife is Puerto Rican to my midwest whiteness so I totally feel you, but when there is chemistry, then well, there's chemistry. Cultural differences can be a good thing. :)

The art is looking great, man. All the best to you!

Harsh

Thanks man.

Storn

Explorer
It has been awhile since I've posted anything. I've been busy with a couple of covers, a couple of interior assignments and had to put down private commissions for a bit.

One cover should be forthcoming, as the publisher is going to allow me to post it. But I'm waiting for a "cover blurb", something to give y'all an indication of what it is all about.

Meanwhile, I have managed to get a few commissions done, a couple for 7th Sea, a couple of fantasy, most likely 4th ed d20 d&d.

Enjoy!

Cristobel72.jpg

Diego72.jpg

Lohman72.jpg

ElviraF72.jpg

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Storn

Explorer
Here the cover to Winterweir, by Phipps Studios. A Dark Fantasy setting for Savage Worlds. Oil, original is about 15 inches wide.

WinterwierCov72.jpg

(this is not a creative commons image)

Storn

Explorer
This odd one is another from the Hero Games boards semi-contest hosted by Death Tribble for unusual superheroes/villains.

EvilHead72.jpg

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

And I finally, finally got around to entering another one of Top Ten Studios sketch challenges. This time around, it is Supergirl, and we can re-imagine her costume a bit. I didn't stray too far though... If you like, come to Ten Ton Studios and vote on yer favorite sketch!

supergirl72.jpg

(not creative commons)

ten ton studios link: <<SKETCH CHALLENGE 3.45: Supergirl >>* POST NOW !!!! *

Storn

Explorer
Anyway, I did the local con here in Ithaca awhile back. I had a guy ask me for sketches, the Adam Strange one is an alphabet book of sketches for his new son. He just sent me digital camera shots... not the best quality... you can see "B is for Batgirl" on the next page, but I think these have a fun vibe that I often get when working in public. It was fun to doodle in front of folks, almost as performance art. The little Ithacon is a fun little show and I really enjoy doing it.

AdamStrange72.jpg

BlackPanther72.jpg

BaronZemo72.jpg

(these 3 are NOT creative commons)

Remove ads