• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

strangely enough, i have never...

The_Gneech

Explorer
In an actual game, I've...

* Never played nor run an actual Cthulhu-mythos game; played one that was an off-brand variant tho

* Never encountered a mind flayer

* Run or participated in an epic land battle (although in a SF campaign I did run an invasion of the Earth with a huge spacefleet battle as the backdrop while the PCs fought off invaders who'd taken over the moon)

* Never encountered a deck of many things or a portable hole

* Never had a TPK, but mostly 'cause the DM cheated

* Never had a vorpal anything

* Never had a keen anything

I have done a few of these things in Icewind Dale, tho. Also, I recently used a beholder as a DM, for the first time since I started gaming in 1984.

-The Gneech :cool:

Quickbeam

Explorer
1) Played a halfling.
2) Participated in a campaign that was "epic levels" in scope.
3) Really enjoyed computer/online RPG's.
4) Understood people who forget that D&D is a game, and therefore meant to be fun for the entire group.
5) Played a halfling. I know I already said that, but it still amazes me :p!

alsih2o said:
1. played a drow.

2. played in a party with a drow.

3. rolled 2 or more 18's for a character ability.

4. played any cthuhlu game.

5. been to a con.

6. larped

or a lot of other cliches or over worked notions. anyone else have some?

1- I have but once. It was okay but didn't seem really that great
2- Only time was when I played one.
3- Did but once and DM rejected character saying I cheated. The bastache! You hurt my feeling you know guys.
4- Did a long CoC game. Many deaths. This game is best with certain type of DM.
5- Been to two so far. First one I was up 72+ hours straight living on Pizza, Mountain Dew and adrenalin. Second one sucked and I won't relive it by talking about it.
6- Did two "Solve a mystery/murders" and did one Vampire one which ticked off my wife since she was called a bi**h and took as against her- not her character. Thus we don't do these anymore and she hated role playing games. sigh

oop-

I have never in 14 years of gaming-

-battled a dragon:mad:

-played a dwarf whom wasn't a cleric:eek:

-gotten a party from 1st to beyond 10th without a TPK

-been taken seriously but non-gamers:rolleyes:

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Ashy said:
Pkitty, You *sure* you do not have kids? ;)
Don't tell anybody, but PirateCat and KidCthulhu are in reality kids trapped in adult bodies.

As for the never list, mine would include:

Never had a D&D playing character above 10th level;
Never played a halfling;
Never played a paladin;
Never been in a game that included gibberlings;
Never played a wargame or RPG set during the civil war;
Never played Magic or any other collectable card game;
Never read a Harry Potter book; and
Never read Tolkien's Silmarillion.

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
KaeYoss said:

Call of Cthulu?

I wish it were that easy. Generally it happens for one of the following reasons.

1) TPK
2) DM doesn't feel like running it anymore and either wants to run something else or wants to play and let some run else run the game
3) players want to play something different

It really sucks. I used to write up detailed backgrounds and really get into my characters. Not anymore. I know they won't last and so I just whip one up and go with it. At least I do for D&D. Shadowrun is the one game that everyone seems to please everyone (we have a group of very diverse likes and dislikes) for the most part and that is what we play the most. I would kill to play in a long D&D campaign, but it probably won't happen with this group. I've played in a few other groups, but I didn't really gel with any of the people or their style. Maybe someday.

Starman

ForceUser

Explorer
Although it was my favorite class in 2nd edition, I have never played a ranger in 3E.

I have never enjoyed campaigns with an overabundance of house rules.

I have never enjoyed a campaign with a DM lacking good judgement, descriptive, or improvisation skills.

I have never DMed a TPK, but I've been party to one :p

I have never played a character higher than 13th level.

I have never been comfortable talking about my hobby with non-gamers; I'd much rather avoid the topic.

I have never "finished" a campaign; they all die out before the major storylines conclude.

[edit: thought of another one!]

Last edited:

Remove ads