"Stream of Many Eyes" -- WotC To Announce New Storyline In June

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

On June 1st, WotC will be hosting a three-day streaming event called the Stream of Many Eyes. Similar to previous events, it will feature comedians, actors, and streamers, as the new Dungeons & Dragons storyline is unveiled.

DcIHjxiUQAAwxIJ.jpg-large.jpg

Here's the full press release:

On June 1 – 3 2018, D&D will bring tons of Twitch streamers, actors, comedians and D&D luminaries to the Stream of Many Eyes, a three-day livestreamed extravaganza full of cosplay, crazy sets and amazing stories. During the Stream of Many Eyes – #SOMEDND - the D&D team will unveil the new adventure story coming this year and showcase extraordinary D&D live play entertainment, and it will all stream live on twitch.tv/dnd.

The Stream of Many Eyes starts at 4pm PT on Friday, June 1st, with a visual tour of the studio led by host Anna Prosser Robinson and a roundtable conversation with the D&D team on the new storyline and what makes it so exciting. Dungeons & Dragons will then present live D&D play sessions with Force Grey & Dice, Camera, Action.

On Saturday, June 2nd, the livestream kicks off at 10 AM PT with Sirens of the Realms. Saturday’s games will feature well-known D&D gaming group Girls, Guts, Glory as well newer groups Rivals of Waterdeep and Dark & Dicey, all previewing content from the new story. The entertainment will run all day, wrapping up at 7 PM PT.

Four groups will perform on Sunday, June 3rd, beginning at 11 AM PT and streaming until 8 PM PT. Games will include members of Critical Role, High Rollers, Force Grey and the entire cast of Dice, Camera, Action performing together in costume for the first time.

D&D fans around the world can watch all the excitement unfold on twitch.tv/dnd, and on Sunday only, fans in the Los Angeles area can buy tickets to watch one of the live games in person. The live ticketed experience includes a curated set tour, live performances from musicians, dancers and stunt-people, food trucks, a D&D pop-up store full of merch, and of course some of your favorite gaming groups.

Check out the full schedule and buy tickets at dnd.wizards.com/some. Tickets are limited – so if you’ll be in the L.A. area on June 3rd make sure to grab them quick! Check out the D&D website, follow D&D on Twitter or subscribe to the Dragon Talk podcast feed for all the latest updates and for interviews with our special #SOMEDND guests.

You can read more here.

Well, we did not have beholders (/mind flayers?)as a main theme yet in the published APs did we?

And they both are signature mobs of D&D so it migt well be that this is the theme.

Mind Flayers were conspicuously absent in Out of the Abyss/ Rage of Demons.
They are one of the big groups that's likely to be at the center of a story, along with devils, orcs (or evil humanoids in general), modron, and archfey

I think they were supposed to be part of the Orcus subplot that got cut. I tried to add something of my own making back in with that, but alas they did not take the hook. Shame, as Orcus remains one of my favorite Demon Lords.

Mind Flayers were conspicuously absent in Out of the Abyss/ Rage of Demons.

lkj

Hero
I think they were supposed to be part of the Orcus subplot that got cut. I tried to add something of my own making back in with that, but alas they did not take the hook. Shame, as Orcus remains one of my favorite Demon Lords.

It was indeed a subplot that got cut. In an AMA Perkins said:

"We were counting on a novel to deal with the Orcus subplot. The novel fell through for reasons beyond our control. Sh*t happens! "

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comment...=old&limit=500

Total bummer, since Orcus mixed with mind flayers seems like too good an idea to pass up.

AD

flametitan

Explorer
I recall Chris Perkins talking about another subplot that got cut involving the Mind Flayers running an asylum to cultivate the brains of those who went mad during the Rage of Demons.

I'm not sure if I imagined that, but if I didn't, I'm kind of glad it was cut.

Each book adventure seems to zero in on Monster classifications. We had fiends in OoTA, Elementals in PotA, dragons in RotDQ, animals and intelligent undead in ToA, undead in CoS, and giants in SKT. I’m assuming in this next one we will be getting aberrations and May see the mind flatter asylum in the next one as a connection piece to OoTA.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So we can probably safely assume that "many eyes" = beholder = Xanathar?
One dude on the forums here found an older edition magic item called "The Eye of the Beholder," a magical jewel harvested from an ancient super-Beholder named...Many Eyes.

Smart money is that #nostoneunturned is a dual reference to the old game Eye of the Beholder, and the magic item Eye of the Beholder playing a McGuffin role in Waterdeep somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remathilis

Legend
One dude on the forums here found an older edition magic item called "The Eye of the Beholder," a magical jewel harvested from an ancient super-Bsholder named...Many Eyes.

Smart money is that #nostoneunturned is a dual reference to the old game Eye of the Beholder, and the magic item Eye of the Beholder playing a McGuffin role in Waterdeep somehow.
THAT is a deep cut! Kudos.

Remove ads

Remove ads