Streets of Seilen IC Campaign

Rhialto

First Post
The dragoman leads Kelvin to a small canal. The water is a deep black. A small ferry sits there. The dragoman glances at the alfari. "The canals are the fastest route to the Dawn Kingdom section of Seilen..." He pays the ferryman a coin, and indicates that Kelvin should do the same.

Once both are on the ferry, it pulls away, and heads towards the elven section of town. It quickly winds through a slightly disreputable section of town (passing a large tower that looks like a demented corkscrew made out of stone) and goes onto a neat, orderly section dominated by buildings that look somewhat like caves. It passes through a section of town where the overall building style seems to be towards unpleasant grotesquerie. Kelvin shudders, recognizing it on some base level of his being as the work of Quaesteri. A large group of Quaesteri (almost certainly from Seired Masa, oldest of the Kingdoms of Dusk) are dancing out in the street, whipping each other. The Shadow Elves sing praises of Thanatos as they do so.

Hail to thee--(to thee hail)--
Lord of Death--(King of Ashes)--
Prince of Dust--(Mighty One)--
None is higher than you--(no one)--
None may equal you--(there is none)--
All falls to you--(you shall have all)--
All are ruled by you--(you will rule all)--
Lord of Death--(King of Ashes)--
Prince of Dust--(Mighty One)--
HAIL TO THEE--(to thee hail)--
HAIL TO THEE--(to thee hail)--
HAIL TO THEE--(to thee hail)...

The sounds of the Quaesteri's chant echo to Kelvin's ears even after their section is far back in the path. Somehow, Kelvin finds it disturbing in some way that defines the very core of his being...

At last the ferry reaches the sloping buildings, and gentle parkways of the Kingdoms of Morn. Somehow, even surrounded by the walls, and buildings of others, this place reminds Kelvin of home. Getting off the ferry, the dragoman leads him to a tall building that is immediately recognizable as a house of the Silver Chalice. The symbol of a silver goblet bearing five stars hangs above the house's door, on an elaborate silk banner. The dragoman, seeing that Kelvin has no more need for him, leaves. Kelvin stands before the door to the Silver Chalice house. All he has to do is enter...

Kelvin shudders as he gets off the boat, after saying goodbye to the dragoman and paying him 1 gold instead of 5 copper, the Alfari knocks on the door to the Silver Chalice House.

(Sorry for being so clueless, but do I know anything else about the Silver Chalice Soceity? Such as if I have to give some sort of signal or certification to enter?)

Vargo

First Post
Now it's my turn to apologize...

OOC: Thanks to my new schedule, it's going to be almost impossible for me to post on weekends - is that going to be a problem?

Vargo nods a greeting to the guard at the gate, and says, "My name is Vargo Sentilospar, and I am here in the service of Astra, on business that is between her and me."

Rhialto

First Post
OOC: Vargo--no problem... we can work around this.

Sollir--I'll send you some information shortly. Don't worry.

IC: The watch captain stares at Vargo snarling. "Listen, elf, Astra may very well have business for you, but if she thinks I'll let you through with that comment, she has another thing coming..."

He glances at a pair of watchmen. "Keep this elf under guard. I'm going to send a message to the Temple of Astra to see what they say..." The pair steps forward, and points their spears at Vargo's chest.

Vargo

First Post
Vargo rolls his eyes.

"If you wish to overreact as such, I'm sure that my superiors would be more than glad to vouch for my faith. I did not mean my words to be offensive - just that Astra holds my duties to me and my superiors. If my words worry you, then I shall give you my oath as Her loyal servant that I shall not bring harm to any who do not seek to bring harm upon me while I am within the gates of the city."

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
The captain stares at Vargo calmly. "Last week, a man--on orders from his god, or so he claimed--killed his wife and children. So if I seem a bit grouchy on this subject--it's because I am. I've been out here for five hours, sorting through travelers, on the order of my superior, who imagines that this will perform some miracle, and make Seilen safer. Now, when someone says what you said to me, I do some checking..."

Another watch member arrives holding a letter. The captain glances at it, and nods. "The Archwisdom says you're to be let through. She'd like to see you tomorrow, if you have the time." He turns away, and goes down the line. "Enjoy yourself in Seilen, sir. Hope the Grey Rats don't give you too much trouble..."

Rhialto

First Post
OOC: I'm thinking about making an OOC post thread for the campaign. What do you think about this...?

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
OOC: Whatever's fine with me, although I do have one question, and it may be a silly question, but what would we do in an OOC thread? :)

tKL

Last edited:

Remove ads