Streets of Seilen IC Campaign

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: For one thing, we wouldn't be making as many OOC post in the IC thread... ;)

BTW Rhialto: When are we arriving at the Gilded Gargoyle?

Last edited:

Clear Dragon

First Post
Sirrath lapses back into consciousness, still adjusting from abandoning his nocturnal tendices which he had gave up for the caravan trip.

"I can't afford to meditate now, I am bound to be robbed by some inferior theif" He thinks to himself.

Sirrath walks to the gate(I mentioned earlier that he was sort of following Mal and Yunalesca, but not what distance, so you can decide a bit on how far he has went by now).

He looks over the dragomen, and approaches whichever one seems to be the most likely to be aquainted with the less reputable areas of town.

"I am looking for a place to stay, eat, find some entertainment and possibly find some work, preferably someplace where I won't have to deal with people intolorent to my kind"

"I am also interested in Libraries both mundae and arcane, no need to take me now, just the names and locations will do for now"

Last edited:

Clear Dragon

First Post
OOC:
I am for an OOC thread, would helpful especially when one is trying to catch up, to talk to the DM out of character(ie for suggestions). I have been particularly busy as of late with my classes adn would to be able to get some ideas how i should progress having fallen behind a bit(especially since our characters haven't really formed into a group yet, especially mine)

Rhialto

First Post
OOC: Here's the OOC thread then...

http://test.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13293

And Mal--real soon...

IC: The dragoman gives an amused nod to Seireth's query. "Well, if Shadow Elves don't want to deal with that sort of people, they should hide under rocks... Still, most places in town will serve Quaesteri same as anyplace else..." He smiles. "For a few coins, I'll give you a name..."

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
OOC: Woo-hoo! We're back!

IC: A pale Gnomari opens the door, and glances at Kelvin calmly.

"What does the sage fill his cup with?"

Rhialto

First Post
The Gnomari bows. "Enter, then Lord Arestine. The Master wishes to speak to you." With that the Gnomari takes Kelvin by the arm, and leads him into the chapterhouse.

The hallways of the Silver Chalice chapterhouse are dim, lit by pale torches. The Gnomari (or is he a Gnomari? At first glance his features seem to say so, but the more Kelvin looks at him, the more uncertain he gets...) leads Kelvin forward with out pausing, not the slightest emotion playing on his face. Kelvin stares at the rooms that they pass. One is a library, full of books. Another is laboratory. A third is a room dominated by comfortable chairs, where many elves sit conversing. As Kelvin and his guide pass by, a pair of Alfari wizards pass, one wearing his long hair in a braided ponytail, the other with much shorter hair, combed into a widow's peak, and wearing a bright blue robe.

"I tell you, Meredes, this so-called "proof" of your "Materia Prima" theory is nothing more than the usual fluctuations of the Ethereal Core..." says the one with the braid.

The one in a blue robe who is by implication named Meredes snorts at that. "The Ethereal Core, Rudinet? And where is this Ethereal Core that you Jerindests always pull out? Nowhere! This great creation of yours remains undiscovered despite all your assurances that "its existence is certain". The alledged "fluctuations" you note so often are the disturbance wakes caused by the entry of Materia into the Plane..."

Rudinet sighs. "Again this phantom "Materia" of yours, Meredes... While the Core remains undiscovered, at least its existence is based on observable facts. But this Materia of yours is sheer fancy. Why, not once in two hundred years have you ever supplied any..."

The pair pass out of earshot, just as Kelvin's guide stops before a richly ornamented door. He glances at Kelvin calmly. "The Master's chamber..." he utters quietly. With that, he opens the door.

Inside a tall young Alfari woman of startling beauty is talking furiously to a stately looking Gnomari man, who looks as if he will not see 300 again. "--is blasphemy, Durene! By what right do you bar me from his papers?"

The Gnomari gives her a chill smile. "By my rights as his executer, Lady Syleria."

Lady Syleria (where has Kelvin heard that name before? He does not know...) is shouting now, furious. "You cannot do this, Durene! It pollutes his memory..."

Durene turns, a slight show of fury in his face. "I do not recall when you became the possessor of my late Master's memory, Antia..."

With this, the guide coughs. "Master Kelvin, of House Arestine here to see you, sir." Both Durene and the Lady Syleria stiffen at this. Finally, Durene coughs. "Very well, Ianus. Send him in." With that, he turns to Lady Syleria. "I trust our business can wait until after I am done talking with young Lord Arestine, Antia...?"

Lady Syleria frowns, and turns away. "Very well, Durene. Try and stall this for as long as you can. The Heartsflame will see me justified..." With that she stomps out. As she leaves, Kelvin sees the holy symbol of Brigit--a tiny flame carved in crystal--hanging from her neck.

Durene motions for Kelvin to take a seat. "Well then, it is good to see you, Lord Arestine. I recieved your Master's letter just the other day, though I'm afraid there's going to be problems..." He bows, slightly. "I am Durene Gyages, Master of this House..."

Last edited:

The first thought Kelvin thinks as he enters is, 'there is something terribly terribly wrong here...was not the master of the house Conach Merineste?

"Lord Durene," Kelvin bows humbly, "What is the problem that you speak of?"

Rhialto

First Post
Durene laughs. "I can see by your face you're surprised to see me at this desk. Allow me to assure you that I am Master of this chapterhouse--for a while at least..." He sighs. "That you see, is the problem--Master Conach is dead. I am Master Temporary of the House, but have yet to acclaimed by the members, and so, I do not have the authority to grant you access to the book your master Ailil wished to have copied..."

Rhialto

First Post
Eveiret leads his charges to the foot of a great bridge. "The Bridge of Courts... it spans the Murkenmere..." he states. "The Gilded Gargoyle lies on the other side." He leads them onto it.

The Bridge of Courts is a huge thing, with enough room for two elephants to pass over it. At least, in theory. In actuality, a sizable crowd and buildings that have encrusted over the sides of the road like barnacles make it impossible. The buildings seem to be simple craft shops, for the most part, with an occasional tavern of the extremely seedy sort in there as well. Glancing down, one can see the black waters of the Murkenmere, as they flow to the sea..

"This is an important place of business," notes Eveiret. "Not as important as Market Square, but almost. In the center the great court buildings are located... Treason is punished by being thrown weighted into the Murkenmere..." Suddenly, there is a cry.

A group of about six Verhazi, those dog-headed beasts that walk like men, are leaving a tailor's shop. A pair of trolls follow after them, their bear-like faces showing a cruel malice that belies their uneasy shuffle. Between them is carried a middle-aged man, his face bloodied. A woman rushes out after them, crying. The leader of the Verhazi, an older, slightly fat one with greying fur, barks at her.

"Go back in clothes-house, tailor's bed-woman! Those who do not pay Crafts' Guild money must pay consequences..."

Remove ads