• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stupidest things PCs/DMs have done

swrushing

First Post
player of mid-level monk with boots of spider walk and his own dimension door spell-like ability and a trio of mid-level fighter types right behind him chomping at the bit:
"wow! that creature hit me and did over half my hit points in a single round. guess i will stay and swing one more round."

next round, the demon again did "more than half my hit points" and the monk dropped dead.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Justin Bacon said:
This is the tale of two game sessions which probably qualify as my worst gaming experience ever. Ever. I was the DM. The highlights of the party's actions include: <snip>
I recognize this adventure. I played in this adventure, and although our group tripped and fumbled here and there with the plot, we weren't this bad. I sent this story to my fellow Players to them to see how bad it could have been.

Bullgrit

Alenda

First Post
I'm currently playing a Gnomish Paladin of Sune (goddess of beauty) in 3.5 D&D.

When I was about 3rd level or so, my Paladin and the rest of the party entered a bustling city that was overrun by refugees. The refugees had fled from their homes because of an abnormally long winter and frequent Orc raids.

Being a paladin, I took pity on the refugees and wanted to help them. Being a paladin with a low Intelligence, I began handing out gold pieces to the poor unfortunates.

Thousands of money-deprived and starving refugees versus one very small paladin....

It was ugly.

In spite of my good intentions, I was nearly crushed by a sea of humanity, caused a city-wide riot, and landed the entire party in jail!

For some reason, the other players just won't let me live that down.

sniffles

First Post
Alenda said:
I'm currently playing a Gnomish Paladin of Sune (goddess of beauty) in 3.5 D&D.

When I was about 3rd level or so, my Paladin and the rest of the party entered a bustling city that was overrun by refugees. The refugees had fled from their homes because of an abnormally long winter and frequent Orc raids.

Being a paladin, I took pity on the refugees and wanted to help them. Being a paladin with a low Intelligence, I began handing out gold pieces to the poor unfortunates.

Thousands of money-deprived and starving refugees versus one very small paladin....

It was ugly.

In spite of my good intentions, I was nearly crushed by a sea of humanity, caused a city-wide riot, and landed the entire party in jail!

For some reason, the other players just won't let me live that down.
You don't know Jolly Blackburn, do you? He had something very similar happen in an issue of Knights of the Dinner Table! :D

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(yes, this happened)

My half-orc fighter 1E, carrying Ginsu the + 1 sword (the Greatest Orc Sword Ever Made) came to a vast area of glare ice, along with the rest of the party.
We found these things that allowed movement on the ice (iceskates.)

Then, a little later, out on the ice, we encountered the ice-skating kobolds, armed with + 1 hockey sticks.

We took them on. We lost. We got away, though, because you can run away quickly on ice skates.

Final Score:

Kobolds 5
Party 0

I still want a Hockey Rematch!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads