• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sub-Epic Offerings

Obly99

Hero
I just think without there being a clear way to stop them or beat them, it gets kinda out of whack. Like the Kenseijin class I made has tons of extra health to the point of at 20th level having well over a thousand heath easily, but a vorpal blade or death effect can off them immediately. Likewise with their being stuck to using a single weapon type, they're very easy to outmaneuver and cheap shot to death which was an intentional flaw with the class to allow a fighter, mage or any other standard class to theoretically beat them.

I'd just say walk back the immunity to death effects, give them a resistance to the effects, or immune specific types of effects. The main way I see someone beating this class is just to blind them and run and let them just die, which I suppose is a fair tactic, but still, just seems pretty unclear. Idk.
In PF1 death effects no longer are an insta death: finger of death etc. now only deals a lot of damage to hp in case of a failed save. The only insta death that remain are phantasmal killer and weird and both are a fear effect (immunity given by dreadful bloodlust) and even in that case you must fail 2 different save.

Obly99

Hero
I guess Obly, my issue is that this class and several others can't really be used in a standard PF/ 3.5 campaign. I playtest all my stuff against the base classes presented in the book to make sure they're usable and balanced. I could just make some super class that gets double fighter attack bonus, barbarian rage, magic like a wizard, cleric and druid simultaneously and rogue powers but I don't as I want people to actually be able to use these in game. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play a base barbarian or fighter when a class like the one presented above exists in play.

I feel like if you want to make a super class thread, you should just make a super class thread.

Not saying don't post your stuff here a lot of it is really cool, and I always comment on it when it is and it's always welcome, but a bunch of classes are just super funking overpowered and can't be used.
In fact the only "super classes" created with this goal are
the Prana Warrior (Sub-Epic Offerings),
the Houndsman (Sub-Epic Offerings),
the Blackbeard (Sub-Epic Offerings),
the Worm That Wold 2.0 (Sub-Epic Offerings),
and the Wild Hunt (Sub-Epic Offerings)
Everything else (as strong as it is), I didn't create it with this goal in mind and I allow it to my players too

In fact the only "super classes" created with this goal are
the Prana Warrior (Sub-Epic Offerings),
the Houndsman (Sub-Epic Offerings),
the Blackbeard (Sub-Epic Offerings),
the Worm That Wold 2.0 (Sub-Epic Offerings),
and the Wild Hunt (Sub-Epic Offerings)
Everything else (as strong as it is), I didn't create it with this goal in mind and I allow it to my players too
I mean, that's most of the classes, or at least half you've posted, and what about the Herald of the Fissile? Or the Sith? Or the new Berserker? Or the Dragon Ascendant or the Grim Reaper. Or the Sakura? They all have massively powerful abilities like immunity to death, or immunity to all fear and charm effects etc, that represents whole play styles of other classes. The Herald takes an already op class in the Kineticist and makes it considerably stronger. Just because you allow something doesn't automatically mean it's comparable to base classes.

Last edited:

Obly99

Hero
I mean, that's most of the classes, or at least half you've posted, and what about the Herald of the Fissile? Or the Sith? Or the new Berserker? The Herald takes an already op class in the Kineticist and makes it considerably stronger. Just because you allow something doesn't automatically mean it's comparable to base classes.
The kineticist is not op. It's strong if you build it good but it's not overpower unless particolar build. I can say three base class that are more powerful than the Herald, Sith or Berserker. Cleric, Druid and Wizard. Even after the Nerf from 3.5 to PF1 they are still the most broken classes. Like we said in the discussion of the Time Thief, from the base class at the start of the game, there has been a steady general increase in the power of the classes and archetypes released. I rely on the final part of Pathfinder's power level instead of its initial to decide whether to consider a "boss" or "players" class. According to this reasoning I should put all the full casters as boss only because the damage of the Herald and the Berserker do at 20 (and they are built for damage), a sorcerer with only Paizo canonical stuff at level 10 can do them.
This is not a criticism of your way of seeing things, but in all the campaigns I have been in, we were highly optimized and I have a different conception of the Power level. Example al 15th we faced the CR 25 and we won without a single permanent death (even if with a LOT of effort)

The kineticist is not op. It's strong if you build it good but it's not overpower unless particolar build. I can say three base class that are more powerful than the Herald, Sith or Berserker. Cleric, Druid and Wizard. Even after the Nerf from 3.5 to PF1 they are still the most broken classes. Like we said in the discussion of the Time Thief, from the base class at the start of the game, there has been a steady general increase in the power of the classes and archetypes released. I rely on the final part of Pathfinder's power level instead of its initial to decide whether to consider a "boss" or "players" class. According to this reasoning I should put all the full casters as boss only because the damage of the Herald and the Berserker do at 20 (and they are built for damage), a sorcerer with only Paizo canonical stuff at level 10 can do them.
This is not a criticism of your way of seeing things, but in all the campaigns I have been in, we were highly optimized and I have a different conception of the Power level. Example al 15th we faced the CR 25 and we won without a single permanent death (even if with a LOT of effort)
Criticize all you want. The fact remains that most base classes can't even touch, not half, most, of the things you've presented. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Moreover regarding casters, casters tend to have a slow start up of ability power and low dcs for their abilities, moreover for their most powerful abilities they require expensive components and usually time. All of which can be disrupted or counterspelled. The don't just get wish 1/ day as a spell like ability ffs.

Obly99

Hero
From now on I will avoid putting my classes / pc / archetypes in this thread but I will publish them in Things from my setting because having "grown" in the many campaigns I player with a different power level scale, what for me is only "a lot strong" for the others is broken. Sorry if I posted off-topic stuff in your thread.

Remove ads