• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

Victim

First Post
Megan reenters the aircraft reluctantly. I know that affirmative means yes, even if that's not the way I normally talk. I'm not an idiot.

She quickly summarizes the files as she speed reads. "Okay, I was wrong." Dammit "Ares isn't a Geldaran. He was part of some peaceful alien race that he betrayed to the Geldarans because they wouldn't build up weapons like he wanted. He got exiled here because his place got taken over. The 'pretend to be a god thing' he took from the Dao Lung - Barrington's alien guys."

"Hey, he's the guy who got Barrington started in the first place!" The ability to defend one's self doesn't sound so bad, but look at everything he's done for that.

kirinke

First Post
Victim said:
Megan reenters the aircraft reluctantly. I know that affirmative means yes, even if that's not the way I normally talk. I'm not an idiot.

She quickly summarizes the files as she speed reads. "Okay, I was wrong." Dammit "Ares isn't a Geldaran. He was part of some peaceful alien race that he betrayed to the Geldarans because they wouldn't build up weapons like he wanted. He got exiled here because his place got taken over. The 'pretend to be a god thing' he took from the Dao Lung - Barrington's alien guys."

"Hey, he's the guy who got Barrington started in the first place!" The ability to defend one's self doesn't sound so bad, but look at everything he's done for that.

"Looks like it," Hope turned to their resident alien. "I know you can't possibly know every alien race that comes along, but.... Do you know anything about these Dao-Lug guys?"

Vanifae

First Post
Victim said:
Apollo comes aboard reluctantly with a salute and a smirk, “So Barrington got his start from Lord Ares, who isn’t a god but an alien… who got the idea to play god from other aliens. Man I am already confused.”

“So this looks like some desperate plea to return from exile, we could use that, play to his need to be free of our world, although we don’t actually have to live up to our side of the bargain, has anymore data come in yet?” Apollo asks.

“Any estimate on how long this transfer will take?” the rocker adds.

Apollo thinks, “Transmit this message: Your progress is satisfactory, Lord Ares; your request for returning from exile does not go unheard. We will review this intelligence critically; I hope there is something of importance in this data, your freedom from this world may well depend on it.”

Bluff +13, will use a Hero Point if lower then 10 on the roll.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Vanifae said:
Apollo comes aboard reluctantly with a salute and a smirk, “So Barrington got his start from Lord Ares, who isn’t a god but an alien… who got the idea to play god from other aliens. Man I am already confused.”

“So this looks like some desperate plea to return from exile, we could use that, play to his need to be free of our world, although we don’t actually have to live up to our side of the bargain, has anymore data come in yet?” Apollo asks.

“Any estimate on how long this transfer will take?” the rocker adds.

Apollo thinks, “Transmit this message: Your progress is satisfactory, Lord Ares; your request for returning from exile does not go unheard. We will review this intelligence critically; I hope there is something of importance in this data, your freedom from this world may well depend on it.”

Bluff +13, will use a Hero Point if lower then 10 on the roll.

(Annnd...no need to reroll)

Ares responds "Thank you, (that word that's kind of like Admiral again). I will await your orders and decision, wherever I am. I am transmitting a program that will attune your scanners to my ship's cloaking field...the same one I created to ensure Geldaran victory over Pax."

kirinke

First Post
Hope looks at Apollo. "Hmmm. Say something about our cloaking shield being damaged and the files to run it corrupted. We may need another...."

Shayuri

First Post
Viridian goes over to Agent Black.

"What do we know about hyperdrive technology? Could we identify whether or not the crystal in the Eye of Hell is a piece of one? Maybe a magically altered piece? Or would we need more information?"

Victim

First Post
"Maybe we shouldn't push our luck until the transfer completes?" I'm getting a headache.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Victim said:
"Maybe we shouldn't push our luck until the transfer completes?" I'm getting a headache.

Hope flashes a quick grin at Viridian. "Of course." then she sobered. "So he's building some sort of hyperdrive ship? As a weapon maybe? A means to get off our fair third rock from the Sun?" you could tell she was thinking more to herself outloud than expecting anyone to respond, she mentally taking notes, remembering every last detail....

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads