• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust Game Thread II

DM_Matt

First Post
Vanifae said:
Apollo smirks, “Well in that case we can have a date in the infirmary.”

He then focuses on the task at hand, “Transmit this message: Lord Ares spare the pleasantries, we have urgent business to attend to, transmit your report immediately then standby for further instruction.”

Bluff +13, come on… work for me!

(aaaaand...high roll.)

Jacobson relays the message through the computer, in Geldaran.

Ares respods. "Very well, (word that translates closest as 'Admiral'). The data is being sent."

It appears that this will take a few minutes.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Why not ask what he is doing out here, and what his current status is? That way, we can tell if he's using Barrington, or the other way around."

Wren doesn't have much to go on, but any idea he has comes out...

kirinke

First Post
Hope bit her lip, thinking, grateful that the mask hid most of her face. "Ask him what he knows about Barrington outright. I'm assuming that whoever Barrington works for is hostile to these Geldarans and vice versa."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
kirinke said:
Hope bit her lip, thinking, grateful that the mask hid most of her face. "Ask him what he knows about Barrington outright. I'm assuming that whoever Barrington works for is hostile to these Geldarans and vice versa."

"No, ask him what he is doing out here. Then, should he mention Barrington, or any plan that he is working on, then we go from there. Seriously, do you think I would ask him about Barrington? You know, his alien race is the usual kind that take what they can, domineering, chaotic sort. Simply ask a vague question of his current status, and what he's working on right now, and simply see where that leads."

Wren shakes his head at Hope, thinking that she would know better than to make assumptions like that. After all, she was the investigative type, wasn't she?

kirinke

First Post
Fangor the Fierce said:
"No, ask him what he is doing out here. Then, should he mention Barrington, or any plan that he is working on, then we go from there. Seriously, do you think I would ask him about Barrington? You know, his alien race is the usual kind that take what they can, domineering, chaotic sort. Simply ask a vague question of his current status, and what he's working on right now, and simply see where that leads."

Wren shakes his head at Hope, thinking that she would know better than to make assumptions like that. After all, she was the investigative type, wasn't she?

Hope shrugged. It made sense to her, after all, Barrington was going about trying to take over the world. Stood to reason that whoever ran him wasn't the sort to be offering peace and fluffy kitties to their adversaries.

"You'd know better than me Wren," she said wryly, accepting he was probably more knowledgable than she was on the subject. "Go for it, I mean, we don't have much to loose at the moment,"

Shayuri

First Post
"Actually," Viridian says, "I think we should wait and see what the data he's sending has. He can cut it off anytime until it's done, and every time we talk to him is another chance to tip him off. Also, there may be things in the data that give us questions to ask."

kirinke

First Post
"Twenty-one years is alot of data to go through in a short time Vi. It's normal to ask specific questions, especially if you're an in the hurry upper-management type. They don't have the time to spend to shift through all of the raw data."

"Maybe phrase a question along those lines. 'I don't have the time to shift through all of this data, could you give me information on X',"

Vanifae

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Actually," Viridian says, "I think we should wait and see what the data he's sending has. He can cut it off anytime until it's done, and every time we talk to him is another chance to tip him off. Also, there may be things in the data that give us questions to ask."
"You really think I am going to screw up," Apollo jokes.

Shayuri

First Post
Viridian throws her hands up.

"Then do whatever! I'm just saying you're risking a lot here, when the data's probably a lot more valuable. But what the hell do I know?"

Remove ads