• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Survivor 5e Constructs: STONE GOLEM WINS!

You're either pro-golem or anti-golem. I can't continence any mamby-pamby wishy-washiness on the part of anyone representing the PGPOENW. Golem solidarity brother, we either stand together or we shall surely have to put up with Animated Armor.
Do golems have a gender? I find myself thinking "no"

Edit afterthought: Hmmmmmmmmm...actually there is sort of an exception. If you take your homunculi DIRECTLY out of classic and/or ancient real world european atomism and/alchemy (which are homunculi's origins) they (with exceptions only coming much later. Like snow white. Shes much more recent specifically as a homunculus example) would be always male. Especially tied to atomism and early ideas of animalcules.

Otherwise my initial statement of uncertain confusion stands though.

Last edited:

Ashrym

Legend
Do golems have a gender. I find myself thinking "no"

Edit afterthought: Hmmmmmmmmm...actually there is sort of an exception. If you take your homunculi DIRECTLY out of classic and/or ancient real world european atomism and/alchemy (which are homunculi's origins) they (with exceptions only coming much later. Like snow white. Shes much more recent specifically as a homunculus example) would be always male. Especially tied to atomism and early ideas of animalcules.

Otherwise my initial statement of uncertain confusion stands though.

Generally not, but can be as created. Curse of Strahd, for example, did a flesh golem meant to be a bride. Sentient constructs can also have a gender identity; warforged for example.

Harzel

Adventurer
PGPOENW?

Also i was pro golem when flesh golem was on the table. Not after it was gone.

Also if the last two standing are iron golem and stone golem im absolutely voting stone golem

Iron golem is the most deceptively boring item that was on this list relative to the other items.

?
What does it mean for something to be "deceptively boring"?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Animated Armor 7 + 1 = 8 My Tiamat Paladin jumped out a window after tying down one of these as the party fled.
Iron Golem 9
Stone Golem 14 - 2 = 12 Transmute Rock to Mud be upon you, and could the nearest Bard please Bane his saving throw for good measure?

Remove ads