D&D General Survivor 5E - Tasha's Subclases - Druid Circle of the Stars outshines the rest!

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Artificer Armorer 8
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 19
Druid Circle of Wildfire 16
Fighter Rune Knight 22
Paladin Oath of the Watchers 7
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Artificer Armorer 8
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 20
Fighter Rune Knight 20
Paladin Oath of the Watchers 7
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

Lycurgon

Adventurer
Artificer Armorer 7 - I don't understand the artificer hate.
It has made it into the top 8 so not a good case for it being hated, it has done pretty well. It has outlasted the subclasses from the Barbarian, the Bard, the Monk, the Rogue, the Sorcerer and the Wizard classes.

While I do like the Artificer, there are some people that don't, and from what I understand there are 2 main reasons for that.
Firstly, some people don't like the flavour. They don't want a Steampunky, Magitech style class in their fantasy games. Which is fair enough, it doesn't suit all campaign settings.

The other main reason is that it is a weak/mediocre class. It is an okay support class but not as good as a cleric or Bard in that role. It really only starts to come into its own when it reaches 10th level which is too late for many campaigns.
Now that doesn't mean that it can't be fun to play one. Personally, I am planning to play a Armourer Artificer at some point because I know I can have fun with the concept, even though I know it is not going to be the most powerful character at the table.

Yardiff

Adventurer
Artificer Armorer 8
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 20
Fighter Rune Knight 20+1=21
Paladin Oath of the Watchers 7-2=5
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

Artificer Armorer 8
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 21 -- more approachable for new players than most druid subclasses.
Fighter Rune Knight 21
Paladin Oath of the Watchers 3 -- who watches the watchers?
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

Last edited:

Artificer Armorer 9
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 21
Fighter Rune Knight 19 - I didn't like it before it was overpowered
Paladin Oath of the Watchers 3
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

While I do like the Artificer, there are some people that don't, and from what I understand there are 2 main reasons for that.
Firstly, some people don't like the flavour. They don't want a Steampunky, Magitech style class in their fantasy games. Which is fair enough, it doesn't suit all campaign settings.

The other main reason is that it is a weak/mediocre class. It is an okay support class but not as good as a cleric or Bard in that role. It really only starts to come into its own when it reaches 10th level which is too late for many campaigns.
Now that doesn't mean that it can't be fun to play one. Personally, I am planning to play a Armourer Artificer at some point because I know I can have fun with the concept, even though I know it is not going to be the most powerful character at the table.
I would add that it is very dependant on things that aren't dictated by the rules: distribution of magic items; crafting; McGyvering solutions to environmental problems. So it's performance will vary a lot between different tables. And some players don't like making things for other party members to use. It is perhaps not a coincidence that the surviving artificer is the one that is all about upgrading yourself and wading into the melee, ahead of the superior but more difficult to play artillerist and battle smith.

clearstream

(He, Him)
Artificer Armorer 9
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 22
Fighter Rune Knight 17
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

Lycurgon

Adventurer
Artificer Armorer 9
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 20 - Astrologists are charlatans. ;)

Fighter Rune Knight 18
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

Last edited:

rczarnec

Explorer
Artificer Armorer 9
Cleric Order Domain 17
Druid Circle of Stars 18
Fighter Rune Knight 18
Paladin Oath of the Watchers 4
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Artificer Armorer 9-2=7
Cleric Order Domain 17+1=18
Consider this my placeholder for the Twilight cleric.
Druid Circle of Stars 18
Fighter Rune Knight 18
Paladin Oath of the Watchers 4
Ranger Fey Wanderer 17
Warlock The Genie 12

Remove ads