• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor 5e- What Core Class Needs to Go

What core classes need to leave the island?

• Cleric. I pray that I am not chosen.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Fighter. Fighter man, fighter man, does whatever a fighting man, can.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Rogue. My PR firm said "thief" was a bad name.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Wizard. Not sure if this is an upgrade from magic user.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Barbarian. By Crom, I will crush you if you vote for me.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Bard. When I think killing monsters, I think lute. And I'm no lyre.

• Druid. If you vote for me, you will never learn to pronounce shillelagh.

• Monk. Everybody was kung fu fighting ....

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • Paladin. My d20 is my holy roller.

• Ranger. Caught between Strider and Drizzt.

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Sorcerer. It's "-er", right? not "-or"?

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Warlock. Because two magic users isn't enough.

Votes: 41 26.5%

Ooh that's tough. Like you, I think Paladins are concentrated smug in plate armour, but I voted Warlock because...

Made a pact with a demon/devil? You're an evil cleric.
Made a pact with the fey? You're basically either a Druid, a nature cleric, or a wizard.
Made a pact with the great old one? Come on, you're basically a cleric who worships something you can't pronounce.

So, yeah. Plus "warlock" is a word derived from "oath-breaker" so having it be a class defined by actually taking an oath makes the linguist/grammar nazi in me squirm.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Monk. Least genre-appropriate for a prototypical fantasy campaign, and the slack for an "unarmed fighter" or "brawler" could easily be picked up by the Fighter, either by Fighting Style or sub-class.

ChrisTheS

First Post
Ranger, because everyone keeps insisting Aragorn is one despite his being an armored two-handed sword wielder with a bonded warhorse who heals injuries by the laying on of hands.

Ranger, because everyone keeps insisting Aragorn is one despite his being an armored two-handed sword wielder with a bonded warhorse who heals injuries by the laying on of hands.
Yeah, he's a Paladin in disguise. A backpacking Paladin. A backpaladin. A trampy Paladin. A trampoline.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads