• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor Campaign Settings- Birthright Wins?

MechaPilot

Explorer
Birthright 6
Blackmoor 8
Jakandor 7
Lankhmar 8
Mystara 13
Pelinore 5

Why no + vote? Because it's time to burn the rest of this list to ashes as tribute to the Dark Powers.

Birthright 6
Blackmoor 8
Jakandor 7
Lankhmar 8
Mystara 13
Pelinore 5

Why no + vote? Because it's time to burn the rest of this list to ashes as tribute to the Dark Powers.
I'm sorry, but I can't accept this ballot if it's been spoiled. One up, one down, or I won't count ya; it'd mess up the stats and spoil the game for everybody else after coming this far.

Let me know if you decide to edit, friend.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I'm sorry, but I can't accept this ballot if it's been spoiled. One up, one down, or I won't count ya; it'd mess up the stats and spoil the game for everybody else after coming this far.

Let me know if you decide to edit, friend.

Objection. Nothing in the OP says you have to give both an upvote and a downvote.

Objection. Nothing in the OP says you have to give both an upvote and a downvote.
I think the spirit of the law is clear in this case. However, I'm not the OP, so I cannot judge. That said, I am the guy keeping the records, and I can decide whether to include your vote in my stats.

My suggestion is that if you choose not to upvote, I'll have to let someone else place your upvote for you.

MechaPilot

Explorer
To the extent my opinion matters, I will provide the following non-binding adjudication.

You're both right.

Nothing requires you to. However, it is kind of a norm, and while I understand your point of view as to why you did it, it would also be little work for you to arbitrarily upvote something based on like, dislike, or alphabetical order. And it would be nice to validate Dr. Hook's ongoing vote totals, which required for more work than this thread is worth. :)

I decided at least in part not to upvote something arbitrarily based on your OP. You did cite as part of the reason why downvotes are worth three and upvotes are worth only one the following:

It is intentional that a negative vote is worth more than a positive vote- first, we don't want to be here all year. Second, because.

In keeping with your posted reasons for the weight of votes, I thought to myself "why prolong things when I'd just be arbitrarily picking an upvote?"

MechaPilot

Explorer
My suggestion is that if you choose not to upvote, I'll have to let someone else place your upvote for you.

And THAT is somehow more in "the spirit of the law" that simply not placing an upvote?!

If you want an upvote from me for the additional work that you're doing and we're not counting it as actually increasing any of the current running numbers in this thread, then pick whatever you like to assign it to. If it affects the current running numbers in this thread, then no way. In that case, I would stand by my decision to not cast an upvote.

And THAT is somehow more in "the spirit of the law" that simply not placing an upvote?!

If you want an upvote from me for the additional work that you're doing and we're not counting it as actually increasing any of the current running numbers in this thread, then pick whatever you like to assign it to. If it affects the current running numbers in this thread, then no way. In that case, I would stand by my decision to not cast an upvote.
Haha Alright fine, I'll let it slide; honestly I don't actually care, I just like consistency is all. Just note that several people have made their choices completely arbitrarily, so there's precedent in this thread for you to do so as well if you wanted to.

Side note, for anyone wondering about the workload I've put into this: It took me about an hour to make a nice automated spreadsheet in Excel (because I'm rusty), and since then about five minutes per day to add the new votes. Seriously, it usually takes longer for me to write my posts than it does to do the counting.

Remove ads