Survivor Core Classes- ROGUE STEALS THE VICTORY!

Police box that time-travels > All of English and Celtic Merlin legend.
Im gonna have to look around for some good examples later but celtic myth actually does make mention of not only time travel but also travelling to places without time (sometimes travel to such places is only possible because of something intrinsic about the person as well as tume travel itself) and a very big one, something ive never seen exhibited by the doctor, outwardly manipulating time instead of mere personal travel. Also there are actually multiple merlins. One of which was said to be the son of a sea god.

All that said. The doctor is a two major trick pony plus parlor tricks (his "wand" mostly does cantripy type things and first level spells like knock with a no wood restriction). The two tricks are time travel and fairly advanced mental magics (like minor to moderate illusions and telepathy).

Merlin on the other hand (placeholder im using for broadly wizards much as im using david tenant as placeholder for warlock) is your archetypical advanced wizard. Nearly any general type of magic grouping you can think of there is a story somewhere of him doing it. And doing it in an advanced fashion.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
HHmmm...

Am I imagining things, or does it look like the character class list from AD&D, Second Edition

Guess that tells you how useful those classes are and how horrible the later ones are.
Just missing the Bard and the Druid, which got voted out much earlier than I expected.

And yeah, I don't think the newer classes have earned their place in the game. The Sorcerer is just a different take on the Wizard, and Warlocks are evil by default. We should be killing Warlocks, not playing them.

Remove ads