• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor Core Races: HALF-ELF WINS

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Half Elf 2
Human

Naah, default human is bland. Half elf is better. And you can't buy me. Except when you can. But not now, or is it?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
W00t Humans won!
What? Half-Elves are the offspring of Elves and Humans and can themselves reproduce. Therefore Elves, Humans and Half-Elves must all be the same species.

What's truly interesting is it suggests that Orks and Elves could be compatible too.

Mercule

Adventurer
Of course, some might suggest that offering bribes to people voting a particular way corrupts, and thus invalidates, the results...
Which is why I didn't do it, earlier, regardless of my personal feelings on the absurdity of the half-elf being the winner. At this point, I don't think it made an actual difference.

It was more a matter of supporting the sentiment of incredulity that the half-elf was even a contender, let alone winner. The drow is the only race in the 5E PHB that I actually don't think should have been there. The half-elf, though, is a weird also-ran, IMO. Elves get a lot of flak for being mary-sue characters, but you can at least tweak their history to make them interesting. The half-elf takes the mary-sue of the elf, gives it a hipster beard, and a Charisma bonus.

See, because the half-elf is an emo outcast that was always teased as a child, but that has great strength of personality, leadership ability, and general likability. He has the grace, dignity, and androgynous sex-appeal of the elf; but he also has the rugged handsomeness, relative sturdiness, and versatility of a human. All that, with a healthy dose of silent loner on top. Drizz't only wishes he could be so cool.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I am shocked at the results. In a squeaker, it's the half elf!

For those interested, I have posted what I believe to be the last, and least meaningful, survivor thread- alignments. It looks like Mr. Popularity is a half elf rogue. What shall his/her alignment be?

You haven't done gender yet, it can't be last.

Remove ads