D&D 5E SURVIVOR RETURNS: Lich Wars - Vecna Wins!

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Acererak - 16
Azalin - 14
Dragotha - 9
Dregoth - 11
Erandis Vol - 13
Fistandantilus - 13
Harthoon - 11
Kieransalee - 13
Szass Tam - 13
Vecna - 13
Velsharoon - 11
Vlaakith CLVII - 14
Xykon - 12

We can't let Sacrosanct be right.

Well, so far it looks like Sacrosanct's prediction is spot-on. :)

I admit, I don't quite get the Acererak thing. All the guy ever did was build a dungeon. Is it just the cathartic nature of that dungeon, allowing DMs to indulge their fantasies of gruesomely slaughtering the PCs with no concern for fairness?
Yes. Yes, it is. ;)

Szass Tam - Forgotten Realms. The Zulkir of Necromancy, one of the eight rulers of Thay.

Correction on this. Tam is the ruler of the Thay. He became so when he single highhandedly killed the others. (And he owned them hard. Doing stuff like transforming the one that specialized in conjuration and summoning demons into a Manes the weakest of Demons. And doing stuff like taking control of their own spells and throwing it back at them.) After this he gave thay the largest population of undead in the world and turned it into a dangerous empires replacing the vacant seats of officers with undead under his control.

Dausuul

Legend
Correction on this. Tam is the ruler of the Thay. He became so when he single highhandedly killed the others. (And he owned them hard. Doing stuff like transforming the one that specialized in conjuration and summoning demons into a Manes the weakest of Demons. And doing stuff like taking control of their own spells and throwing it back at them.) After this he gave thay the largest population of undead in the world and turned it into a dangerous empires replacing the vacant seats of officers with undead under his control.

Duly updated, thanks!

Dausuul

Legend
Acererak - 16
Azalin - 14
Dragotha - 9
Dregoth - 11
Erandis Vol - 13
Fistandantilus - 13
Harthoon - 11
Kieransalee - 13
Szass Tam - 13
Vecna - 13
Velsharoon - 9
Vlaakith CLVII - 15
Xykon - 12

Still like Vlaakith, still think Velsharoon is a wannabe. A divine wannabe, but a wannabe.

Well, so far it looks like Sacrosanct's prediction is spot-on. :)

I admit, I don't quite get the Acererak thing. All the guy ever did was build a dungeon. Is it just the cathartic nature of that dungeon, allowing DMs to indulge their fantasies of gruesomely slaughtering the PCs with no concern for fairness?

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that when PCs get gruesomely slaughtered that way, it reinforces the fact that Acererak wins, which is exactly what smart liches do. In short, it gives him rep.

BTW it's too bad Korel isn't on the list or maybe I'd vote for him instead.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Acererak - 14 - This guy sounds like a medication. I hear the side effects are killer.
Azalin - 14
Dragotha - 9
Dregoth - 11
Erandis Vol - 13
Fistandantilus - 13
Harthoon - 11
Kieransalee - 13
Szass Tam - 13
Vecna - 13
Velsharoon - 9
Vlaakith CLVII - 15
Xykon - 13

Sacrosanct IS right. ;)

ElderElementalEye

First Post
Acererak - 14
Azalin - 14
Dragotha - 9
Dregoth - 11
Erandis Vol - 13
Fistandantilus - 13
Harthoon - 9
Kieransalee - 13
Szass Tam - 13
Vecna - 13
Velsharoon - 9
Vlaakith CLVII - 15
Xykon - 14 -- Just because he actually enjoys being evil

Acererak - 14
Azalin - 14
Dragotha - 9
Dregoth - 11
Erandis Vol - 13
Fistandantilus - 13
Harthoon - 9
Kieransalee - 13
Szass Tam - 11 -- Because I don't know how to pronounce it.
Vecna - 14 -- Because of his head, and the story about it.
Velsharoon - 9
Vlaakith CLVII - 15
Xykon - 13 -- Because someone did a +2 instead of +1.

Last edited:

Quartz

Hero
I'm disappointed: not a single cleric lich in the list. Not that I can actually remember any, mind.

PS early vote for Death Knights next!

Remove ads