Survivor Ultimate Subclass Edition- BATTLE MASTER WINS!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Battle Master 14+1=15
Eldritch Knight 9
Way of Shadow 3-2=1
Arcane Trickster 3

Whenever someone describes an Oath of the Ancients paladin as "an armored druid," I start to wonder if they ever read the Paladin class. Or the Druid, for that matter.

Ah well. Down with the Edgy McEdgelord Shadow Classes!

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Battle Master 14+1=15
Eldritch Knight 9
Way of Shadow 3-2=1
Arcane Trickster 3

Whenever someone describes an Oath of the Ancients paladin as "an armored druid," I start to wonder if they ever read the Paladin class. Or the Druid, for that matter.

Ah well. Down with the Edgy McEdgelord Shadow Classes!

Lol, I just realized I was thinking of a Nature Domain Cleric while the sub class is a Oath of Ancients paladin. Now your comments make more since. So... I have problems with my brain where I get things mixed up a lot. I have honestly been reading Oath of the Ancients as Nature Domain Cleric since the first post. :)- ... That said I do like Fey Patron Warlock better as a "Fairy Knight" more so if it had a no metal armor requirement like druids so while I can see it not being munchkin as connected to a Druid, I would have down voted it just the same for a similar reason in that a nature based fighter to me is ether a ranger or a Arch Fey Patron Warlock both defenders of nature... I don't understand the need for a nature paladin or its place anymore than I understand a Nature Domain Cleric. It's still seems munchkin from the ranger duplication aspect of a spell casting fighter kind of stepping on their toes. Its not like we need another reason for players to avoid rangers and Wizards of the cost to avoid making them comparable to other classes.

...Sorry for my confusion. My grandfather would have said I have a lame Brain and sometimes it fails me.

Tallifer

Hero
Battle Master 13
Eldritch Knight 4
Arcane Trickster 5

On a side note, as touching the Oath of Ancients, I actually really like the druidic/fey paladin: as someone pointed out he reminds me of the Green Knight. I also like the Eldritch Knight as the closest I can get to a 4E Swordmage. However, I am a grognard who came back to D&D because of 4E, so I love the mechanics of the Battle Master.

Last edited:

Remove ads