Survivor Ultimate Subclass Edition- BATTLE MASTER WINS!

Toledo

Explorer
Two of the top 3 were fighters? But...but...I've heard that the 5e fighter sucks and can't do anything and is poorly designed, etc etc ;)

I think people vote often for who they like (to play), not necessarily the best on the table.

In the last year, I've played Fighters (Battlemaster and Eldritch Knight), Barbarian (Totem), Paladin (Vengeance), Monk and Wizard, and the most fun I've had was with the Eldritch Knight - big swords and a familiar.

werecorpse

Adventurer
Lol, I just realized I was thinking of a Nature Domain Cleric while the sub class is a Oath of Ancients paladin. Now your comments make more since. So... I have problems with my brain where I get things mixed up a lot. I have honestly been reading Oath of the Ancients as Nature Domain Cleric since the first post. :)- ... That said I do like Fey Patron Warlock better as a "Fairy Knight" more so if it had a no metal armor requirement like druids so while I can see it not being munchkin as connected to a Druid, I would have down voted it just the same for a similar reason in that a nature based fighter to me is ether a ranger or a Arch Fey Patron Warlock both defenders of nature... I don't understand the need for a nature paladin or its place anymore than I understand a Nature Domain Cleric. It's still seems munchkin from the ranger duplication aspect of a spell casting fighter kind of stepping on their toes. Its not like we need another reason for players to avoid rangers and Wizards of the cost to avoid making them comparable to other classes.

...Sorry for my confusion. My grandfather would have said I have a lame Brain and sometimes it fails me.

Classic, well they say you can vote down for any reason and "by mistake" is a reason that exists IRL elections. As a matter of interest ClaytonCross how many down votes did you erroneously throw at the poor Ancient Paladin?

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
Classic, well they say you can vote down for any reason and "by mistake" is a reason that exists IRL elections. As a matter of interest ClaytonCross how many down votes did you erroneously throw at the poor Ancient Paladin?

I believe I voted on 4 different days so 8, All the down were on "Nature Domain Clearic" er... Oath of the Ancients but... like I said, with the choices that were there I would have down voted Oath of the Ancients anyway because to me Rangers are the Melee warriors of nature and Arch Fey Warlocks are more of the Fiery Knights. I really don't care for the nature worshiping fighter walking around in full plate armor casting divine type spells it just strikes me as a contradiction of believes. I like the separation of Rangers (Nature), Paladins (Divine), Eldritch Knights (Arcane) just as well as much as the serration of Druids (Nature), Clerics (Divine), Wizards (Arcane). Sorcerers are a birth rights and Warlocks are vying for power not belief so a they can believe what they want and use any power without conflict.

Remove ads