Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Not trained.

Viridian keeps watch looking through windows and listening at new doors. Peeking through the keyhole or under the door.

Viridan can get only the most frustrating of glimpses into the chamber beyond. He sees no movement but there does appear to be an unusual riot of color and an eerie silence on the other side of the door.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Something's going on in hither. Hie up!" kobold champion indicates the door and prepares to open them once everyone is ready.

Adrian approaches the door. But he is not really front line warrior, although he leads armies. But he does inspire courage and competence in people. He raises the flag.
"We can count those later and check the items back in the camp. Let's not give the beasts time to prepare any more than we already did."

He uses time while the others prepare to light a torch. You never know when smoke screen will come handy.
"Here, Viridian, you don't carry weapons, drop this somewhere in the room once we see inside."

Scotley

Hero
The Kobold tenses and the door is opened. Viridan rushes into a room littered with brightly colored glass. The narrow stained glass windows here are all broken. Like the main chapel the windows are tall, but lack the width to allow one to pass. The room is 15' wide and 25 feet long. It appears to be empty other then the scattered colorful glass. There are two doors, one leading to your left back to the open courtyard you could have reached from the kitchen. The other door is in the wall directly ahead of you. After an instant you realize that the Kobold's feet make no sound as he advances. He turns back and his mouth moves, but no sound comes forth. The room appears to be under the effects of some sort of magical silence.

[Sblock=knowledge religion check 20+]It was in vogue some years back to create meditation chambers that were devoid of sound. [/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 20+]The door opposite the one you entered has a lock that appears to match the key found on the demon man.[/sblock]

[sblock=knowledge engineering 20+]The final door likely leads to the last room in this structure in the back corner based on the outside dimensions you could see from the outside. [/sblock]

[roll0]
[roll1]

"I know about these kinds of chambers. I spent good many hours in such things. They supposedly aid in concentration. I always found them too restrictive. I wanted to be able to sing to the glory of Desna if I fancied it." Adrian knows EVERYTHING about such rooms.
"Luckily they were popular for short time only. Let us move on."

Last edited:

Neurotic

[roll0]

Viridian charged in and, noticing the room is empty, quickly looks around. He turns to tell others that the door has a keyhole of the right size, but nothing comes out. Hissing in frustration (again silently) he returns back through the door.

"Yond door overthere hath right sized keyhole for the key we did find. Did shalt we finish this!"

Scotley

Hero
Viridian prediction proves correct and the key turns easily in the lock allowing the door to be opened. The Kobold continues his brave or foolhardy tactic and darts into the room. This time his footsteps can be heard. The room is mostly barren and appears to have been the simply furnished chamber of the high priest in days past. It appears to have been used more recently to secure prisoners. Though none are present now. The room is empty except for two sets of shackles anchored to the wall in a niche to the left as you enter. There is a door, also locked, with the same style lock that almost certainly leads out to the courtyard. It appears that all of this fallen shrine has been explored.

Neurotic

OOC: Let's say he learned his lesson and waits for the door to open fully before rushing in?

"Empty. We art done here. We can crisp up the chapel anon." says Viridian and repeats it after the group comes through as he realizes they couldn't hear it from the silent room.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn goes in after Viridian and looks around the room a bit, giving the shackles a kick. Finally she shrugs.

"Good enough. Lets get back."

Remove ads