First Post
What about Force Senstivity?
Still a feat, or a ruled as a Talent?

And I'm probably going to play as a Soldier/Jedi or a Scoundrel/Jedi
Almost definitely playing with the force though

ffanxii4ever

First Post
Sorry, but I have three more questions:
What are we doing for what equipment we start with?
If we go the Jedi route, taking the Talent, Feat, and Skill, do we still have access to the Talents of the original class (noble/scoundrel/soldier)? And do we have access to the Jedi Class Skills?

And I am definitely making some sort of melee focused Jedi, either a Human or a Kel Dor, probably based out of the Soldier class.

Last edited:

i was also planning on playing a jedi character, im still new to the game and was confused on your house rules for the jedi? that or im having a serious brain fart..
i was going to choosehttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Miraluka Miraluka for my race, and jedi for my class. and beyond that im not sure.. i would like to focus on mobility, and telekinesis type powers. but im still reading threw the books to try and figure out how to achieve that kind of character, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
im also wondering about the racial force sensitive bonus feat, and same feat i gain from the class, do they stack in some way or can i substitute one for another feat?
and where do i find the force perception talent. skimmed threw the main book and dint see it? thxs in advance for any help

ffanxii4ever

First Post
i was also planning on playing a jedi character, im still new to the game and was confused on your house rules for the jedi? that or im having a serious brain fart..
i was going to choose Miraluka for my race, and jedi for my class. and beyond that im not sure.. i would like to focus on mobility, and telekinesis type powers. but im still reading threw the books to try and figure out how to achieve that kind of character, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
im also wondering about the racial force sensitive bonus feat, and same feat i gain from the class, do they stack in some way or can i substitute one for another feat?
and where do i find the force perception talent. skimmed threw the main book and dint see it? thxs in advance for any help

Right, I may not be JediJake, and I have my own questions, but at least I seem to have the basics worked out, so let's see if I can't help you out

Starting with the class issue, the way that he seems to be doing it is cutting the Scout and the Jedi class, and heavily modifying the remaining three classes. You can still be a Jedi though, because he is giving you 2 feats and 2 talents at level 1 (Normally, you only get 1 feat and no talents at level 1). So one of your feats MUST be Force Training (you need this to get Force Powers), and one of your talents MUST be Force Sensitivity, which considering is not in the books and the similarity of the name, is probably just the Force Sensitive feat house-ruled into a talent. (Also, one of your trained skills MUST be Use the force, but don't worry about that right now) So you have to choose one of the modified three classes remaining, for mobility I would choose Noble or Scoundrel depending on your personal preference, you can look at the talents and starting feats and decide (Scoundrels can be trained in Acrobatics though, and Nobles can't). Also, if you want to use a Lightsaber, you'll need to swap a weapon proficiency feat for weapon proficiency(lightsabers).
Regarding the fact that Miraluka get the Force Sensitive feat as a racial feat, and JediJake has made it into a talent, I don't know how he will rule that, but for know I'd imagine you would simply get an extra talent since you have it already

If you want to focus on mobility and telekinesis powers, you will need a high DEX (for the mobility, it will help with your reflex and your acrobatics skill) as well as a high CHA for better Use the Force checks and more uses of Force powers (another house rule seems to be that you can use any combination of your force powers CHA mod +1 times per (I hope) encounter, sorta like how spontaneous casters work in D&D) and a decent WIS for more power choices (you do get a bonus in WIS from being a Miraluka, so don't worry too much about this stat)
The Force Perception talent is on pg 101 of the Core Rulebook, under the Sense Talent Tree

Since you aren't going to be weapon-focused, a lot of feats aren't going to be too useful, so I would focus on ones that either deal with the Force (Force Boon and Force Training are two big ones) and more defensively oriented feats, like Improved Defenses or Dodge.

For your remaining talent(s) I would focus on the Force talents, mainly those in the Alter Talent Tree (all about Telekinesis) and as a secondary focus, those in the Control Talent Tree (which focus on more "caster" types of Jedi)

As for what Powers, I'm sure you can make up your mind on those, and for skills, I'd imagine you can choose (Don't forget to train in Use the Force, espiecally since you ought to be able to get the skill focus feat for it for free as well)

Another thing (other than how to rule the racial conditional bonus feat of Skill Focus(Use the Force) and whether or not you get Force Sensitive for free) that JediJake needs to respond about is how additional (more than 1) Force Training feats work. This is because normally you choose what force powers you have and how many times you have them when you take the feat; take the feat a second time and you get more powers to use, or more uses of the powers you already have. With the house-ruled Force power system (Force Training only dictates what powers you have to choose from, and you can use them CHA +1 times per (hopefully) encounter) I don't know if additional Force Training feats will simply give more choices, but no additional usages, if it will give both choices and usages, or if it will give additional usages, or if JediJake will simply add in a new feat for additional usages of force powers.

Hope this all helps some (but JediJake does need to answer a few questions)

ffanxii4ever

First Post
I seem to enjoy double posting today, but a very quick comment/question for JediJake:

It appears that Tangled Webs' Character Sheet for Star Wars is for the old d20 system, not Saga Edition

Do you have any other idea for character sheets for us to use?

I found a nice simple excel-based Character Sheet that has taken a bit of a minimalist approach that is very useful when running with a lot of house rules.
If you PM me your e-mail address I can send a blank copy of it to you

thxs for the help ffanxii4ever, i think i'll probably go with the scoundrel class, i still need to do some more reading to figure it out.. thanks again for the help.

ok i think i have this figured out, but i have run into a snag. Im doing the Force Scoundrel class and where you say choose point blank shot, or shake it off ( must qualify) i dont really qualify for eather. im not trained in endurance so i cant take shake off, and im blind and dont use pistols so i really cant use point blank.. can i please take weapon finesse insteed? or quick draw?

Last edited:

so as far as starting money and equipment? if we are taking the force option do we get a lightsaber? have we figured out what where using for character sheets? thx

JediJake

First Post
Seems I have some splainin to do. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, partying for two days straight really eats up your time. I just got home so I'll see if I can't answer yalls questions.

What about Force Senstivity?
Still a feat, or a ruled as a Talent?

And I'm probably going to play as a Soldier/Jedi or a Scoundrel/Jedi
Almost definitely playing with the force though

Force Sensitivity is a talent, mainly so you don't use up all your feats on using the force.

Sorry, but I have three more questions:
What are we doing for what equipment we start with?
If we go the Jedi route, taking the Talent, Feat, and Skill, do we still have access to the Talents of the original class (noble/scoundrel/soldier)? And do we have access to the Jedi Class Skills?

And I am definitely making some sort of melee focused Jedi, either a Human or a Kel Dor, probably based out of the Soldier class.
Yes and yes. As long as you have a justification for why your character would have a particular skill, all skills are class skills.

Right, I may not be JediJake,...snip awesome answers
Good advice! If you pick a race that has force sensitivity you can choose another force talent. Thataway not every Miriluka and Felucian all have the same powers.

Do you have any other idea for character sheets for us to use?
No. I'm open to suggestions though.

im blind and dont use pistols so i really cant use point blank..(HA! ed note) can i please take weapon finesse insteed? or quick draw?
I don't have a problem with that at all. In fact. In the effort of variety, if any of you don't really care for one of your starting feats. You can swap one out.
so as far as starting money and equipment? if we are taking the force option do we get a lightsaber?
Good questions. You guys are all most likely Sector Rangers and come outfitted with some of the best gear in the Galaxy. Everyone starts with 4,800 credits, a lightsaber if your proficient with one, and a special item. Your special item can be anything you can think of. a Weapon would give you +1 to attack, a masterwork medkit that gives you a +2 to heal checks, whatever you can think of, just run it by me first please.

ffanxii4ever

First Post
Here is a nice, plain excel-based Character Sheet:
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Character Sheet - Blank.xls

ok i think i have this figured out, but i have run into a snag. Im doing the Force Scoundrel class and where you say choose point blank shot, or shake it off ( must qualify) i dont really qualify for eather. im not trained in endurance so i cant take shake off, and im blind and dont use pistols so i really cant use point blank.. can i please take weapon finesse insteed? or quick draw?

I don't have a problem with that at all. In fact. In the effort of variety, if any of you don't really care for one of your starting feats. You can swap one out.

Does this mean we can swap out a starting feat such as an Armor Proficiency (i.e. Heavy Armor Proficiency)

Last edited:

Remove ads