[SWSE] A New Fear (OOC)

JediJake

First Post
If I where to run a Star Wars game with maptools next Tuesday November the third starting at 6 central time would anyone care to play in it?

Rhun

First Post
Thanks, I'll do that. Please let me know if I should delete this one.

No, you're fine to leave it, and someone might respond that they are interested. But most of the games like you are trying to put together are posted over there instead.

Also, welcome to the boards! :D

JediJake

First Post
Thanks, Rhun! I really like it here. Best boards for P&P by far. Warms my heart to see such a large number of friendly, intelligent, and most importantly non edition hating group of people who love to game all in one place.

JediJake

First Post
Quick and Dirty CharGen

It is pretty easy to make a character using the SWSE rule set, so I decided to complicate it up for anyone who plays my games.

1st. Choose a race from this web page Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible or stat up your very own custom race if your feeling adventurous, using what Peteyrock and others have created as a guideline. (subject to my approval)

2nd. Put your stats where you want them. Everyone uses the same array 16,16,15,14,13,9.

3rd. Pick a Class. You can choose from Noble, Scoundrel, or Soldier.

Noble basics: HP=12+Whole Con Number, 6+int Trained Skills, Starting feats=Linguist{must qualify for}, Simple Weapons Pro, and Pistol Proficiency. Pick Two Talents and 2 feats that you qualify for. Your done!

Scoundrel Basics: HP=16+Whole Con, 4+int Trained Skills, Starting feats, Light Armor, one of either Shake it Off or Point Blank Shot{Must Qualify}, Simple Weapons, Pistols Pro, Either Rifles or Advanced Melee Proficiency, 2 Talents, + 2 feats and viola!

Soldat Basics: HP=24+Con, 2+int Skills, Starting Feats; Light & Heavy Armor, Weapon Proficiencies{Simple, Pistols, Rifles, and either Heavy Weapons or Advanced Melee, Weapon Focus{Any proficient}, + any 2 feats you qualify for. 2 Talents and enjoy!

What about scouts you say? I felt that it was just too good. Better at fighting and sneaking than a Scoundrel, almost as tough as a Soldier and thats before we even get to talents! You like those talents?! Fine be that way. The Noble has access to the fringer talent tree sans longstride. The Scoundrel gets Awareness and Camouflage. The Soldier gets the Survivor Talent tree with Longstride thrown in. Happy? If there are other talents in other books that come from the Scout class your free to use them.

But...but...I wanna play a JEDI! That is just fine. Wouldn't really be Star Wars without a few force slingers. But it takes a little extra hardship. Force users are very powerful cats in the 'verse. Able to heal and harm with a thought and a wave of the hand. To play one takes up a Talent for Force Sensitivity, a Trained Skill for UtF training, and a Feat for Force Training. You can swap out your best weapon proficiency for WP Lightsabers.

When you select Force Training you pick the number of powers as normal. You can use them in any order a # of times equal to your Cha Mod +1(min 1). For example say Sid Sith has a 16 Wis and a 14 Cha. Sid chooses four force powers, Surge, Lightning, Grip and Move Object. Sid gets into a fight with some Jedi Scum and fries two with lightning and surges away from the rest. He regrets not just throwing airspeeders at them but he just had to show them the POWER of the DARK SIDE!

As for the Jedi Talents: Noble gets the Consular Tree, Soldiers get the Guardian Tree, and Scoundrels get the Sentinal Tree. Any class can select lightsaber talents, force talents, and force powers from any book as long as they meet the prerequisites.

Defense Bonuses: Every hero gets +3 to boost their defenses however they like. Want to be a tough guy? You can put all three in Fort Def. Balanced? +1 in all defenses. 2 in one and one in another. Whatever makes you happy.

Those are the quick and dirty basics on how I would like you to make your characters. I would also appreciate it if you made them available through The Tangled Web - Online Pen and Paper Roleplaying 's character profiler. I use it all the time. Very handy.

If you have any problems or questions, please ask!

Good Gaming, Jake

JediJake

First Post
Other quick notes.

These rules might seem a little over powered at level one. In a normal game it would be. However this is not a normal game. A level one soldier isn't some scrub off the street with a blaster and an attitude. He's a big damn hero. A level 1 Soldier is a highly trained warrior who's battle hardened and ready for more. A lvl 1 Noble knows his way around the political circles and whose decisions reach across the planet. A level one Scoundrel could be a dangerous outlaw, a system's Robin Hood. Or the galaxy-weary detective out to catch him.

Level ones are great. Obi Wan in episode 1, Luke and Leia in 4. They also have a lot of potential for growth. Vader in his prime would be a 6th level character. The Emperor, Masters Yoda, Windu, Katarn and the others? 6th level+. Welcome to E6 SWSE. I hope you have a wild time!

Some other quick changes. Soldiers and Scoundrels get a full base attack bonus. Soldiers get a damage bonus equal to their level. Scoundrels get one equal to half their level, and nobles get to roll damage.

You can select feats as normal with the change that you halve the BAB Requirements rounded down. Dual Weapon Master III would have a BAB Req of 6, Whirlwind Attack of +2 and so on.

Ranged weapons have a threating area of ten feet. Only the suicidal charge people guns pointed at them.

Ranged Weapons do normal damage plus Dex Mod for pistols and Dex and a half for rifles and pistols in two hands. One handed melee weapons do Str and a half damage in one hand and Double Strength in both hands.

You can start taking Prestige Classes at level four as long as you meet the prereqs for the class (-BAB).

The lightsaber is a very versatile weapon. It has an extra square of reach and can be used in a grapple like a light weapon.

Jump, climb, and swim are all one skill called athletics. I think thats about it.

I think thats it. Might be wrong. Nothing else major comes to mind. Though it could be I've lost my mind.

Good Gaming. Jake

JediJake

First Post
Opening Crawl

Star Wars
Episode I

A New Fear

Peace! The Galactic Alliance is solidifying under the aid of Nova Corps. Droids aid in nearly every facet of everyday life from harvesting crops, to keeping the peace across the stars. Sanguine days are everywhere.

In a long awaited move, the benevolent Nova Corps scientists have created the very first self aware droid in the galaxy on Coruscant. Promising to usher in an unprecedented era of prosperity by unifying the galaxy and making communication and information instantly available anywhere in known space.

However the Sector Rangers, a group of peacekeepers charged with protecting the innocent, still struggle to bring piracy, slavery, and other harmful and illegal trade to an end. A small band of Rangers attempts to thwart the vile Hutt gangster Draago's dastardly doings on the remote planet of Teranik...

ffanxii4ever

First Post
Some other quick changes. Soldiers and Scoundrels get a full base attack bonus. Soldiers get a damage bonus equal to their level. Scoundrels get one equal to half their level, and nobles get to roll damage.

You can select feats as normal with the change that you halve the BAB Requirements rounded down. Dual Weapon Master III would have a BAB Req of 6, Whirlwind Attack of +2 and so on.
A few quick questions:
1)What level are we starting at, are we at level one?
2)Force Sensitivity and Force Training are both feats in the Core Rulebook; are you house ruling that Force Sensitivty is a talent instead?
3)Do Nobles still have the 3/4 BAB Progression?
and
4)Are BAB feat requirements cut in half rounded down or up? I ask because Dual Weapon Master III has a BAB (normally) requirement of +11, so half rounded down would be +5 requirement, not a +6 like you said in your example

That's all, I'm looking forward to next Tuesday

Last edited:

JediJake

First Post
Three quick questions:
1)What level are we starting at, are we at level one?
2)Do Nobles still have the 3/4 BAB Progression?
and
3)Are BAB feat requirements cut in half rounded down or up? I ask because Dual Weapon Master III has a BAB (normally) requirement of +11, so half rounded down would be +5 requirement, not a +6 like you said in your example

That's all, I'm looking forward to next Tuesday

1. Level one. The first episode should get you to level two maaaybe three, if you survive...
2.Nobles get full BAB, Leia and Padme where both pretty on target.
3.In half, round down. My math is usually pretty fuzzy. Juyo and the like would be available at level six, MA III at 5, and whirlwind attack at 2.

Good to hear! The more I think about it the more I'm looking forward myself.

I'm interested in what kind of character you where thinking on making.

Remove ads