• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:3 From the Bowels of Philadelphia (Hero For Hire Judging)

Raylis

First Post
Twilight Gryphon presses the commlink "Aquaphibian, we have a slight problem up here. Scuba suits are not exactly made for fliers."

Malthusian

First Post
Intrepid listens intently as the divers offer instructions. He didn't want to make any stupid mistakes his first time diving. The suit was a bit tight, a little uncomfortable, but the scuba guys said he'd be warmer with it than without.

Twilight Gryphon seemed to be having some problems with her suit. It'll be interesting to see how they get a suit around those wings of her's, Intrepid thinks. Then another thought occurs to him.

"Has anyone thought to radio Wheeler? Maybe they've got something back at HQ that'd fit Twilight a little better," says Intrepid. "They did make her uniform, after all."

JRYoung

First Post
"Roger that TG, Ghost and I'll be right there".

Aquaphibian knows that he needs to find a way to get the entire team into that crevice, maybe we can rig up something for Twilight Gryphon.

Upon returning he takes a look at the wetsuit and asks the police scuba instructor: "What do you think Officer, you got anything to wrap up her wings with?"

OOC: Any chace our vigilant has submersable capabilities??? If we can't rig something up for TG's wings then we might need to have Ghost find us another way in by scouting further inside the crevice.

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
OOC: Some in-game points:

I know it can be tough, but please don't read sblocked items unless they have your name on them. One of the beauties of PBP is that you can split up groups while keeping game pace. Plus for whatever in-game reasons the character may decide to withhold what they found out.

While I'll sometimes push the action (by gathering the players together, or in a long absence NPCing a character) always wait for the other PCs involved to chime in (at least a day). At least one of our players lives overseas so there might be a short lag in getting the next action disposed of, but the nice thing is you get the chance to play in an international game.

Twilight Gryphon is a female (the only one in the group)

I am looking for an in game solution to the wetsuit problem. I think one of you has a power that properly applied could solve the situation.

Wanted to add that I'm not trying to criticize anyone. Just giving some guidance on how I'd like to see the game played. Everyone is doing a great job so far with their characters.

And now...back to the action.

Last edited:

Malthusian

First Post
Intrepid looks on as Twilight Gryphon, Aquaphibian, and the Divers discuss how best to approach the 'Wing Problem'. Then, a thought hits him like a physical blow. It just might work, he thinks, and rushes over to Million Mask.

"Hey, Million Mask, you can change your shape, right?" Intrepid asks. "Any chance you could push your power a little and change her shape? Nothing extreme, mind you, just a shape that doesn't have wings."

Master Pelle

First Post
Malthusian said:
Intrepid looks on as Twilight Gryphon, Aquaphibian, and the Divers discuss how best to approach the 'Wing Problem'. Then, a thought hits him like a physical blow. It just might work, he thinks, and rushes over to Million Mask.

"Hey, Million Mask, you can change your shape, right?" Intrepid asks. "Any chance you could push your power a little and change her shape? Nothing extreme, mind you, just a shape that doesn't have wings."

"I can only change shape on myself but I don't know if I can change shape of others... But I can alway try." Mask said and then walking over to Gryphon.
"Ok I will try to change shape of you." He said and touching on her shoulder. "Hmm, nice shoulders you have there! Ahem! I mean... Let try to temporely remove your wings."

He closed his eyes and tried to focus the powers of his mystic mask to change shape of her and tried to remove her wings.

[sblock=OOC]He will try to use his Morph powers on her or else he will try Extra Effort to gain alternate powers with Morph 4 (Extras: Affect Others [+0]).[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
"Good thinking" Aquaphibian comments as he crosses his webbed fingers hoping that this will work...

OOC: Point well taken Salix, I'll stay away from hidden text that is not marked for me. This is a good ground rule, it will keep everyone involved in the game.

Raylis

First Post
Twilight Gryphon stands still while Million Mask attempts to use his power on her, "You might want to remove the tail, too." she says, a definate nervous edge to her voice as the caudal appendage swishes apprehensivsly.

"Should this work, do you have an estimated time on when the transformation will revert?"

Master Pelle

First Post
"Ok, your tail too. I don't real know how long it will last on you, but I think it last until you want to turn back into your normal form." Mask responding to her while he continue focusing his powers on her.

Salix

First Post
Million Mask doesn't seem to be having an effect. His brow furrows and he quiets, exerting more and more effort. In front of the other heroes eyes, Twilight Gryphons wings and tail change form, seeming to melt away into her body. After finishing, Million Mask is visibly tired and slumps slightly.

OOC: What does the team want to do next? (Hope Ghost shows back up soon)
OOC2: I'm still fairly new to GMing so if players could remind me about any relevant bonuses to actions it will speed up my replies.
OOC3:[sblock=extra effort rules]
EXTRA EFFORT Often,heroes are called upon to perform feats beyond even their amazing
abilities.This calls for extra effort .Players can use extra effort to improve
a hero ’s abilities in exchange for the hero suffering some fatigue.The ben-
efits of extra effort are not limited by power level.
USING EXTRA EFFORT
Extra effort is a free action and can be performed at any time during the
hero ’s action (but is limited to once per round).A hero using extra effort
gains one of the following benefits:
• Check bonus:+2 bonus on a single ability,skill,or power check.
This does not include attack rolls.
• Increase carrying capacity:+5 effective Strength for determining
the hero ’s carrying capacity for one round.
• Increase movement:The hero ’s speed for all modes of movement
doubles for one round.
• Increase power:Increase a power by 2 ranks for one round.This
only increases the power ’s rank;you cannot apply power modifiers
(but see the power stunt benefit).Permanent powers cannot be
improved in this way.
•Power stunt:Temporarily add a power feat to a power.This includes
an Alternate Power of an existing power.The power feat must follow
the normal rules for adding a power feat.The temporary power feat
lasts for the duration of the encounter or until you choose to stop
maintaining it,whichever comes first.This includes turning off the
power or switching to a different Alternate Power.Power stunts can-
not be applied to Permanent powers via extra effort.
•Willpower:Gain an immediate additional saving throw against
a power with a Lasting effect,such as Mind Control or Nullify (see
Duration ,page 70).You get this save even if the Lasting power has
a Continuous duration (which doesn ’t normally allow for additional
saves at all).If you ’re mind-controlled,the fatigue from the extra
effort doesn ’t affect you until you ’re free of it.
•Surge:Gain an additional standard or move action,before or after
your normal actions for the round (your choice).Using this extra
action does not change your place in the initiative order.You can use
a standard action gained from extra effort to start or complete a full-
round action in conjunction with your normal actions for the round.
FATIGUE FROM EXTRA EFFORT
At the beginning of the round immediately after extra effort,the hero
becomes fatigued (see Fatigue ,page 167).A fatigued hero becomes
exhausted and an exhausted hero becomes unconscious the round after
using extra effort.If you spend a hero point at the start of the round follow-
ing extra effort to shake off the fatigue,the hero suffers no adverse effects.
[/sblock]
OOC4:[sblock=Fatigue Rules]
FATIGUE
Characters can suffer from fatigue as well as damage.This usually results from
tasks requiring great effort,such as moving all out,exertion in difficult environ-
ments,and extra effort (see page 120).The Fatigue power (see page 85)also
causes fatigue.There are two fatigued conditions:fatigued and exhausted.
FATIGUED
Fatigued characters cannot move all out or charge and suffer a –2 pen-
alty to effective Strength and Dexterity and a –1 penalty on attack and
defense.A fatigued character who does something else or suffers an
effect that would normally cause fatigue becomes exhausted.
EXHAUSTED
Exhausted characters are near collapse.They move at half normal speed and
suffer a –6 penalty to effective Strength and Dexterity and a –3 penalty on
attack and defense.An exhausted character suffering another fatigue result
falls unconscious (and must recover from it,as well as the fatigue,normally).
REST AND RECOVERY
Every hour of rest,a fatigued or exhausted character makes a Constitution
check (DC 10).Success reduces the character ’s fatigue condition by one
level (from exhausted to fatigued,from fatigued to normal).A full ten
hours of rest allows any character to completely recover from any fatigue.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads