• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Table of Contents for Tome of Battle

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Ooh, it's pretty. The paper itself is much more in the style of Tome of Magic than it is of an ordinary book, which is good.

I am interested, certainly, but I will restrain myself, at least for a time. Need to give the gaming budget some time to recover. Still, it's nice to get a hint that my optimism was not in vain.

Demiurge out.

DonTadow said:
One of my players sent this to me today. Is this suppose to be the answer to Iron Heroes?

Or the Book of Iron Might?

I wasn't interested in this before (and I'm still not sure that I am now) but if it added a bit of flair into combat I might be enticed.

Olaf the Stout

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Not sure if it's an "answer" but I think this is Mike Mearls way of making more combat stuff relevant to players that like to have roleplay with their combat.

Nightfall said:
Not sure if it's an "answer" but I think this is Mike Mearls way of making more combat stuff relevant to players that like to have roleplay with their combat.

What makes you say that Nightfall?

Olaf the Stout

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Olaf the Stout said:
What makes you say that Nightfall?

Olaf the Stout

Just because I have both books (BoIM and IH). And the fact is they tended to change combat around. In this instance I think it's more 'adding flavor" to existing D&D combat than trying to make it so that combat is more fun. Or at least more fun for those that like to describe combats. Certainly that aspect is played up, but basing it on what's shown in the table of Contexts, you don't see a lot of whole sale changes, just tweaks. BoIM had some changes along with tweaks. IH lots of changes. This doesn't seem to change much in my opinion, Olaf.

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Hey, this looks totally great!

It will be nice to see some interesting flavour, and maybe a set of tools/guidelines for creating our own fighting style/colleges.
I can see myself gaining a lot of inspiration from the ToB.

Might even add a bit more dimension to the image many people have of the "dumb bruiser" fighter type. :)

Remove ads