Tags and thread subscriptions...

Walking Dad

First Post
Am I the only one who no longer sees the tags?

Also I lost a thread subscription and the 'new thread' on my settings page are not removed from the 'new' list after reading, but just no longer bold.

Is this a temporary effect of updating the site to web 2.0?

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
I no longer see the tags either.

My subscription page under settings is acting differently as well, but I still get notifications, so not too bad.

In either case - the site is very, very fast for me. So I am pretty happy to trade all of that off if it gets us this site speed. Really enjoying the fast browsing speeds at EN World for the past few days.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We had some heavy slowdowns recently, and Morrus shut down some functionality in the name of perrformance. I expect he'll start testing to see which ones he can put back in, and narrow down the culprits.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The notifications for new posts in subscribed threads is still acting weird. First, it was taking off the notification icon, but leaving the thread in the notification area. Then it took off some of the icons as I viewed the threads but not all of them. Today when I logged on, I've got notifications (with icons) going all the way back to December 19, on threads I've read a half dozen times since that date.

It's getting a little frustrating . . .

IronWolf

blank
The notifications for new posts in subscribed threads is still acting weird. First, it was taking off the notification icon, but leaving the thread in the notification area. Then it took off some of the icons as I viewed the threads but not all of them. Today when I logged on, I've got notifications (with icons) going all the way back to December 19, on threads I've read a half dozen times since that date.

I think it is just a byproduct of the issue being hopefully resolved here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/meta/315299-threads-being-marked-read.html

My thread subs had been acting really weird. They found a setting that was a bit off in the admin portion of the boards which Morrus corrected. When that change happened the thread subs went back to unread to the 19th or so. I think it was just an effect of that change but has put as back to reliable thread subs. Mine seem to be behaving better at the moment at least.

Remove ads