Take a Look at the Age of Sigmar: Soulbound Collector's Edition

Cubicle 7 has shared a peek at the collector's edition of its upcoming Age of Sigmar: Soulbound RPG. It comes in a magnetically sealed box, and contains a book with a blue faux leather cover. The PDF goes on sale this week, and you will be able to pre-order the boxed collector's edition then.

Cubicle 7 has shared a peek at the collector's edition of its upcoming Age of Sigmar: Soulbound RPG. It comes in a magnetically sealed box, and contains a book with a blue faux leather cover. The PDF goes on sale this week, and you will be able to pre-order the boxed collector's edition then.

The images below are mockups. "The Soulbound Collector’s Edition book has a deep blue faux leather cover. A Stormcast Eternal warhammer and the symbols of the Mortal Realms are detailed in gold foil, and the pages have gold gilt edges. The book comes in a beautifully designed box, with a magnetically sealed lid. On the front of the box our Knight-Questor Vel Arturious and the Soulbound logo are picked out with spot UV which reflects the light. On the back of the box, The Undying King Nagash glares out, with his crackling green eyes also detailed in spot UV."

AoS-Soulbound_Collectors-Edition-Book-Mock-Up_200428.jpg

AoS-Soulbound_Collectors-Edition-Box-Mock-Up_200428-1024x901.jpg

imagineGod

Legend
Cubicle7 is using a similar box design to the Warhammer Fantasy Role Play 4th Edition box, but that WFRP4e was so much better, a true work of art. This one, not so much, though not all bad either.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
Again, Cubicle 7 needs to fulfill their WFRPG orders. The Enemy Within is taking so long we'll be in 6th edition before it's done.
I might have some information here.

I emailed Cubicle7 and they were very honest. They are currently backed up due to EU Distribution complications with Covid. They said Printing is not their problem.

They also said the DEATH ON THE REIK PDF is ready for release imminently. On their end there was staffing issues and reorganization issues that delayed most of these products. They assure me that everything is going forward, and it didn't sound like they were feeding me crap. I'm pretty good at sniffing that out. I felt the communication was very honest, and at this point I have no reason to doubt them.

Also I had a forum exchange with a member here that freelances for them with Wrath and Glory. Before I communicated with Cubicle7 he told me alot of what the email said but in vaguer terms. So I think Cubicle7 will pull through.

Believe me, I'm worried too!

Retreater

Legend
What could be happening globally that would delay game companies releasing products . . . .
It started a bit before that. I'll totally accept delays due to the pandemic. However, Cubicle7 just seems to have a track record of acquiring licensed properties then not finishing products in development. (See their Middle Earth line for a recent example.) This is further worrying when you've purchased a product that was supposed to have been released months ago, gotten no updates on that product, but seeing development going ahead for new product lines.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
What could be happening globally that would delay game companies releasing products . . . .
They were supposed to have what the OP is talking about in November or maybe even October. I preordered it last summer for a November release date. Granted the plague is here, but they were Really delayed in november.

We were supposed to have the Hard cover book second volume by February, yet we don't even have the first. So the criticism is very warranted. The PDF at least should have been available.

Then you see production of new things and new PDF's coming out when the one you pre-ordered is still not ready. Why are those available and the earlier ones are not? So there is a reasonable complaint despite the plague

However, Cubicle7 just seems to have a track record of acquiring licensed properties then not finishing products in development. (See their Middle Earth line for a recent example.)
That's not their fault. The License was pulled on them in the middle of 2e development.

Anyway the Team doing Death on Riek is a different one than the one doing Age of Sigmar. And we should be getting both soon.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads