Take A Look At The DUNE Character Sheet!

Modiphius has shared the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium character sheet. The preview packages...

Modiphius has shared the Dune: Adventures in the Imperium character sheet. The preview packages which come with pre-orders have been updated with these in PDF format (including a printer-friendly version).

dune_ch_1.jpg

aramis erak

Legend
What does the game do to prevent people from using the same combo every time? I'm kind of confused on this challenging the value, etc, idea.
When you challenge the value's belief statement, you cannot use that value again until end of session, at which point you must alter the belief statement. Not of need a total rewrite, but it must change a little.

Without challenging, if the belief statement isn't a fit with the action, the GM says, "No, pick something else"
Other than that, nothing.
Well, other than that the skills are not as wibbly-wobbley.

Corone

Adventurer
When you challenge the value's belief statement, you cannot use that value again until end of session, at which point you must alter the belief statement. Not of need a total rewrite, but it must change a little.

Without challenging, if the belief statement isn't a fit with the action, the GM says, "No, pick something else"
Very true, and not every drive will fit each situation. Each one puts a twist on the test that makes it a little different and creates potentially different outcomes.
However, it is fine to play to your strengths and try and use your best drive each time, but that means you need to manipulate the situation to allow you that option - the essence of politics and intrigue.
Having said that, use the same approach again and again and your enemies will begin to predict you, and that is very dangerous.

PRAdams

Villager
Someone was complaining (don't recall if it was here or on RPGG) the other day about how far STA was from Mutant Chronicles... well, this one is further still.
Probably me. A lack of meaningful mechanics (or ultra-generic mechanics that handle everything with what amounts to a hand wave) are not automatically the gateway to narrative gaming any more than a wee bit of crunch in a system prevents narrative control.

I can't imagine being more turned off from a game than seeing this character sheet. Meh. :(

aramis erak

Legend
Probably me. A lack of meaningful mechanics (or ultra-generic mechanics that handle everything with what amounts to a hand wave) are not automatically the gateway to narrative gaming any more than a wee bit of crunch in a system prevents narrative control.

I can't imagine being more turned off from a game than seeing this character sheet. Meh. :(
It does solve the Conan/STA issue with generating tons of threat to buy success, by limiting the amount of effect bought.

MGibster

Legend
What I wonder is how the game is going to offer roleplaying opportunities outside of established history.
There's thousands of years of history to play. I'm kind of interested in what it means to be playing in the era of the God Emperor. What does player agency mean in the context of the Golden Path?

So what happens when you run out of values from the 5 or so rolls that could be?

Remove ads

Remove ads