D&D 5E Take out Death Saving Throws, put in Consequences

BookTenTiger

He / Him
This is what I would use for a Lingering Injury Table in my game, if I were using this house rule:

Lingering Injuries
1Lose an EyeYou have disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight. If you have already lost an eye, you are permanently blinded.
2Lose an Arm or HandYou can no longer hold anything with two hands, and you can only hold a single object at a time.
3Lose a Foot or LegYour speed on foot in halved, and you must use a cane, crutch, or prosthetic leg. You fall prone after using the Dash action. You have disadvantage on ability checks made to balance.
4LimpYour speed on foot is reduced by 5 feet. You must make a DC 10 Dexterity Saving Throw after using the Dash Action, or fall prone.
5-7Internal InjuryWhenever you take an action and move in a round of combat, you must make a DC 15 Constitution Saving Throw or lose hit points equal to your Proficiency Bonus.
8 - 10Broken RibWhenever you take an action and move in a round of combat, you must make a DC 10 Constitution Saving Throw or lose hit points equal to your Proficiency Bonus.
11 - 13Horrible ScarYou are disfigured to the extent that the wound can’t be easily concealed. When interacting with creatures who can see you, you have disadvantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks and advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks.
14 - 16Festering WoundYour Hit Point Maximum is reduced by a number equal to your Proficiency Bonus.
17 - 19Minor ScarThe scar doesn’t have any adverse effects, but is a good excuse to tell a story.
20Roll Twice-

Remove ads