• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tale of the Clueless - [Combat Thread]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Drota does as previously described and calls down ill-luck upon her enemies.

She will drop a bane spell at around the steering wheel to catch Drahluut and Crewman 4, 5, 6, and 7. My DC is a mighty 12.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
ok. once i get everyones actions for the first round, ill post the round conclusion here and a more descriptive piece in the Ic thread.

Gli'jar - separate the rolls with a ; rather than a .

Dichotomy

Explorer
The others realize Idim's presence as the hear the Shaaryan girl hollar to any below deck that may here her. "We are attacked!"

Idim then swiftly moves up from below deck. However, having only been privvy to the end of the conversation, she has yet to discern who are her foes. She waits and watches to decide how best to strike.

[size=-2]Speaking as free action; move action to get on deck (she'll move all 40' that she can to make use of expeditious dodge and put her someplace where she could easily get to anywhere needed); standard action as readying to attack anyone that attacks her in some fashion. I rolled 2 sets on the off chance that I'd crit again. No such luck.

Sorry for not posting sooner. As I noted in the OOC thread, I was not certain whether you wanted an action from Idim this round or not.[/size]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Round One

• Drota casts bane Saves - crew 4 and 6 fail their saves.
  • Ambrus makes his way to the Sea Breeze (ends move beneath hull)
  • Drahluut walks calmly down the bridge and aims his crossbow at Thrumgall with one hand as he draws his blade with the other, though the attack misses
  • Mir shifts position and casts sound burst. crew saves. Crew members 5 and 6 are stunned.Drahluut, in particular seems distressed by the sound. His mirror-like body seems wrought by pain as the sound strikes.
  • crew member #1 Attacks Drota, missing
  • crew member #2 Attacks Terrathoin, missing also
  • crew member #3 Attacks Thrumgall, hitting (Thrumgall is still flat-footed), for 2 points of damage
  • crew member #4 (under effect of bane) Attacks Thrumgall, missing
  • crew member #7 moves down stairs besides Drahluut and shoots his heavy crossbow at Mir shoots his heavy crossbow at Mir, also missing
  • The Ballista Gunner Fires his weaponat The Martyred Justice though the weapon flies wide of it mark.
  • Thrumgal steps back towards Terrathoin and rapidly fires two arrows at crewmen #4. killing him
  • Terrathoin moves into position and attacks #3, killing him too.
At the end of the round, Thrumgall is slightly wounded, crew #3 and #4 are downed. crew #6 is baned and crew #5 and #6 are stunned

Round 2...

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
The combat map for beginning round 2. Again, post your actions for the round, once i get all characters posts ill detail the round

Attachments

• combat2.jpg
    combat2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 91

Ambrus

Explorer
The small silver-white wyrm dives beneath the starboard side of the Sea Breeze's hull and uses his forward momentum to climb sharply up alongside the vessel's opposite side. Vorastrix deftly rolls over as he arcs up over the port-side gunwale to swoop across the deck, his icy-green eyes flashing in anger at the mutinous crew attacking his friends. As his burning anger transforms to cold rage a chill wind seems to form around Vor, leaving a wispy trail of mist in his wake. Opening his fanged maw, Vor exhales a torrent of bone chilling sleet which engulfs two crewmen along with their mirror-fleshed leader. As white hoarfrost covers the trio Vor begins to bank left and offers the mutineers a measure of mercy through frost covered fangs: "Surrender and I'll halt my attack."

• 60 ft. Move action to arc up and across the deck.
• Standard action to breathe a 5-ft. wide by 15-ft. line of cold
for 13 points of cold damage on Crew 2, 7 and Drahluut,
Ref DC 13 for half damage. 4 rounds until next dragonborn breath.
• Free action to talk.

OOC: Without a grid or anything else to indicate scale on the map I had to guess the width and length of Vor's breath weapon. I assumed the bodies lying on the ground were meant to be roughly 6 feet tall and then made a rectangle 5-ft wide and 15-ft long for Vor's breath area. Hopefully what I've described above is feasible.

BTW, what type of weapons and armor are the crewmen sporting?

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
The scale is about right. The crewmen are sporting little-if any armoue (studded leather at most, nothing at least) and are armed with dagger and/or small blades abd light crossbows

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads