Tales of Irthos

rosie666

First Post
"Ghouls and Demons in the Dark are nothing to fear when traveling with a follower of the Sun. For Minotaurs the Sun is seen as the source of all Life, but also of Death. If any creatures of the Dark stumble upon us, they will feel the power of the Runes of the Sun." states Asteron, faint outlines of said Runes appearing on his staff as he speaks. "We will visit whatever this scientist is, and nothing in the Night will stop us from reaching him."

Moniker247

First Post
"Excellent. While Asteron engages in theological debate, I may remain unnoticed. A foolproof plan!" Dipani seems genuinely relieved to have avoided the potential crisis.
"Now, all we need do is set out in the correct direction. Er... no, that's incorrect. How long have we been talking? Is it an appropriate time or sleeping? If so, I suggest we spend the night. Otherwise, we should depart."

Last edited:

Hurog

First Post
You arrived early afternoon, so it's about mid-late afternoon now. You'd likely get to the described location just after nightfall if you depart now.

Moniker247

First Post
"Alright. I shall depart now."
Dipani moves toward the door, motioning for her comrades to follow. She leaves 2 gold pieces with Bertram and takes her leave.

...A few seconds later, Dipani returns to the doorway.
"Upon further consideration, I am uncertain in which direction to proceed. Sir Duktak? Er'Vyo? How do I get to this Marek's house?"

elmlily

First Post
"Haha! Well then, it's probably a good time I, too, saw this scientist's place with my own eyes. I'll accompany you and your companions to it. Just one moment..."
Er'Vyo also starts to leave. Out the door now, he hails a guardsman and, after a brief exchange, again faces the party. "We'll head out the north road of town, follow it along the coast until we reach the big hill. It's hard to miss, from the sounds of things."

Hurog

First Post
You head north out of Dalmire, the coast nearby to your right, and the sun begining to set over the farmlands to your left.

After just over two hour's walk, you reach a tall hill, sloping out towards the water's edge. At the top, captured in the last rays of the day's sun, is an old, stately manor. While somewhat disheveled and run down, it still gives an idea of its former glory.

As you crest the hill, the last of the daylight fades, leaving you at your destination in twilight.

Last edited:

Dannius

First Post
"I can sneak around and try to see what's going on inside," says Sunset. "I see just fine in the twilight." She scouts around the house, looking in any windows, (and uses her Shadow Walk ability to gain Concealment, if it matters).
______
[OOC: I only have +3 to Stealth but Sunset is still pretty bold at this point. Here goes nothing]

d20 roll: 18+3=21

[OOC: Sweet...]

Moniker247

First Post
Dipani takes her Crystal Orb in her left hand and lies down on the hill. Her eyes close and her light dims as she addresses the group silently.

"How are we going to gain entrance? We could simply sneak inside, but it's possible that would reflect badly upon Er'Vyo. Few guardsmen are encouraged to break into civilian homes, even during an investigation. However, it would seem foolish to simply knock on the door, just in case evil is indeed afoot.

If one of the windows provides a view of the front door, there is a chance I could manipulate the locking mechanism remotely or teleport inside and open it that way. Your thoughts?"

Hurog

First Post
Sunset advances up the way, avoiding the worn cobblestones for a less noticeable route. Closer to the building, you note an advanced stage of disrepair. Multiple windows are broken, and you notice the structue itself seems less than sound. The large front door seems worn, but sturdy. There are multiple windows on the ground floor, and a weed-covered path breaks off the main drive to curl around the corner of the building.

Peeking in a window, you see the foyer. Stairs lead up to a second floor landing, and multiple hallways branch off. Bereft of furniture, the room seems barren, and does not seem to have been used for some time.

Remove ads