D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I think the plan should be to get in there as fast as possible to see if there are any survivors!" Naraiah says before breaking into a run towards the burning building.

TallIan

Explorer
Realising there may be survivors you all start running towards the smoking building. There is no ladder leading up to the upper door for the farmers, but on the other hand there isn't a door either. Where the lower livestock door would have been is a gaping hole. The pile of rubble that must be inside hidden by the smoke could make for an easy access to the upper floor.

GM: I spend ages getting a picture for you guys, then enworld didn't load it up. This is what your looking at, but without the earth ramp to the door.

Anyway on with the game. Rather than a lot of back and forward posts about what you're doing and what rolls to make, I'll list the options here along with the mechanics, otherwise this is going to take a LOOOONG time.

Option 1: The upper door. This is about 10ft above the ground, jumping up here will require a DC 13 athletics check. Failure results in 1d6 bludgeoning damage, but you can try as many times as you want. Passing means you are in the building.

Option 2: The lower door. You can enter the building and attempt to scramble up the rubble, This is a DC 16 acrobatics check to complete in 1 round, failure means you spend additional rounds trying to climb up (2 rounds for rolling 12 to 15, 3 for rolling 8 to 13, 4 for rolling 4 to 7 and 5 rounds for rolling less than 4).

Once you are in the building (so after succeeding at option 1 or before trying option 2) you must make a DC 8 CON save every round or become poisoned. This condition lasts for 1d6 rounds after you leave the smoke. Once you are poisoned in this way, if you fail a CON save caused by the smoke, you fall unconscious. I've set the DC quite low to allow for obvious things like holding your breath.

You can spend as long as you like searching the building, but the longer you spend the more saves you need to make.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Just a couple quick questions, are their any buckets or containers near by that I could create water into to put it the fire alternatively would using the rain option put out the flames. Finally what about turning into a giant Eagle and fanning the smoke/flames away.

Yavathol

Explorer

Without any hesitation, Ilvellios ran through the lower door and started scrambling up the rubble, looking for survivors..

OOC:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 38/39 thp 0
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
Ki: 1/4
HD: 2/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Illvilious spends one round climbing the rubble and one round searching, so that should be two saves - though see below.

OOC: Just a couple quick questions, are their any buckets or containers near by that I could create water into to put it the fire alternatively would using the rain option put out the flames. Finally what about turning into a giant Eagle and fanning the smoke/flames away.

The building is mostly stone, so the fire was from a pile of furniture, tools and other wooden things (like buckets). The fire is mostly out now, the smoke is coming from the smoldering remains, so the idea of "raining" in the building will help put out the embers, displacing much of the smoke with steam, so further saves will be made with Advantage.

So anyone entering the building through the lower entrance will have to make one save as normal then the second and subsequent saves with Advantage.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran raises his staff and starts swinging it around in a elaborate dance singing something about the rain slightly off key. Black clouds begin to roll in the surrounding area and the heavens open. Duran heads to find shelter"I'll leave the scrambling around to the young"

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios laughed at Duran's antics, nonchalant about the smoke. Striding confidently forward, he searched around for anything of interest.

OOC:
Second Con save
[roll0]
[roll1]

Remove ads