D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
Gormok arms himself from the tent before checking in on the captives and asks to be shouted when it's ready he was starving. Then linking up with his saviours he introduces him self with a big hug before staring off into the distance and seemingly talking to him self all though it is only half a conversation. "What brings you to these parts? I am happy you saved me of course but it seems a odd place for a walk."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin Valley
Afternoon
Round 0

Errol sighed as the captives pretty much ignored him about the need to be gone and rushed the supply tents, even starting up a cookfire. Well, he supposed he couldn’t blame them. Let them have their meal while they searched the tents.

“We are here investigating the activity of some strange cultists in the area,” Errol told Gormok. “Have you heard anything about something like that?”

Errol perused the weapon stores and grabbed another sheaf of arrows for his quiver. He was running low on crossbow bolts and would have to switch back to his longbow.

OOC: Alas, leveling! Now I have to give up the heavy crossbow since I have Extra Attack!

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36+6 thp/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 54
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 2
Bolts Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R +6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
194 gp (Held by Errol)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room beneath the Earth Monastery, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Sorry I know nothing about cults I haven't been in the area long but I don't know how useful this is to you but there is a giant gathering up lots of orc and goblin friends."

Yavathol

Explorer
"Giant gathering sounds bad, maybe we want to put a stop to that, but first thing we need to figure out is where the nearest safe place is, both for the civilians and so that we can get a decent rest!"

Ilvellios tries to find what the orcs did with Duran's body, figuring that he could bury it, or leave it in the wild for animals to reclaim, or something along those lines..

OOC:
Religion check to figure out druidic funeral rites:
[roll0]

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Wow, I guess he was paying attention to that lesson when they covered it in the monastery!! Maybe it's exactly the same as for elves or something. Anyway, if he can find Duran, looks like he knows exactly what to do:-D

TallIan

Explorer
As Erol and Gormok search through the stores a helm catches their notice. It stands out for its lack of rust and dents among a pile of poorly maintained weapons. A pointed nose-piece and great curling horns hammered in the sides make it look like a ram's head.

Looking though the huge tent also brings up a leather bag holding six potions and a chest holding 260GP

Nariah manages to press on the 10 prisoners the urgency of their situation and they start to get ready to part, gathering what they can carry, most of them managing to carry enough food to keep them for a month or more.

Illvilious quickly finds Duran's body, stripped and thrown among other camp refuse. The druids have loose funeral rights, depending on the terrain they are in ad the means of their death. Given the nearby woods and Duran's death in combat, a funeral pyre by moonlight would seem most appropriate. As Illvilous sets about gathering the body, a few of the prisoners realise that this old man died trying to free them. Once they learn that they may have to move the body, they fashion a stretcher out of one of the tents and prepare to leave.

The closest safety is Beliard. Many of the prisoners here are from there or have family there.

GM: Once you are done at the camp you can head back to Beliard. From there you can head to wherever you want to go next. Red Larch or one of the cult strongholds.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin Valley
Afternoon
Round 0

Errol and Gormak took what valuables they had found as the rescued peasants prepared Duran’s body. Errol divided the gold out among the five members of the party.

OOC: Everyone take 52 gp

As the group left the orc encampment, Errol took a torch and set fire to the orc tents. Let the rotten beasts burn.

Along the way, Errol asked if anyone could identify the potions or the helm.

OOC: Perception to identify potions?
Perception to identify potions: 1d20+3 22

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: Y
AC: 16
HP: 44+6 thp/44 HD: 5/5d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 54
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 2
Bolts Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+5)
Inspiring Leader (1/R +7)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot: Claim and put on your sheet before next level up or it goes on Errol’s]
Horned helm
6 potions
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Errol
Ilvellious
Gormak
Nariah
Thateous
[/sblock]

Remove ads