log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
"I have a suspicion that rather than attacking us, the cults have attacked the whole town! What does that mean for the escapees chances of finding safety?"

OOC: If the escapees can handle the pace, lets pick it up and get there as soon as possible, there may be townsfolk that need to be rescued from burning buildings!
 

log in or register to remove this ad


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Near dawn
Round 0

Errol followed the others, glad to be safely across the exposed expanse of the dwarven bridge. He eyed the smoke in the distance warily, but helped Sir Joros give some encouragement to the former prisoners. They would soon be somewhere safe.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 33
Arrows used: 2
Bolts: 11
Bolts Used: 4
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Desairn Valley, Day 8, Early afternoon

You pass the growing pillar of smoke and continue on to the town. The smoke clearly making the escapees nervous, but it doesn't slow them down.

The first signs of the town are empty fields, separated by thick hedges, on both sides of the road. Before long a large stone structure looms ahead. This large stone structure proves to be The Watchful Knight, a fortified inn and tavern, that appears far larger than a town of this size would require. At the far end of the town is a fortified country lodge, with a number of squat, sturdy buildings in between. The town itself lacks walls, but the hedges dividing the fields do almost as good a job, and attackers caught between the inn and the lodge would have a very short life expectancy.

In front of the inn is a gathering of people looking up at some watchmen on the top of the inn's tower. The watchmen are looking to the rising column of smoke you've just passed, and it takes a while for the crowd to notice your arrival.
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Early Afternoon
Round 0

Errol calmly examined the crowd and looked up at the watchmen on the tower, as well. “Can they see what is causing the smoke?” he asked one of the gawking townspeople. “What’s the report?”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 33
Arrows used: 2
Bolts: 11
Bolts Used: 4
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Beliard Day 8, Early afternoon

The gaggle of half starved people escorted by a heavily armed group draws some apprehensive looks from the townsfolk, but one of them calls out an answer to Errol, "Can't see it, but i's mos' likely the Anderil's place. We been 'aving trouble wi' orcs the last couple o' weeks, so could be dem. We though' they was all furver north nearer der Dellmon ranch. Bunch o' ranchers ha' taken refuge der until this all blows over. Der Dellmon ranch is pretty well for'ified so i's as good a place ta be as any. Der Anderil's fought dey would be ok, what wi' bein' so close ta town an' all."

Another voice calls out,"Wha's with dis lot?"
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Early Afternoon
Round 0

“Refugees,” Errol told the townsman. “Townsfolk from Red Larch mostly. Were held by a cult in the area, until we rescued them. We would be obliged if you could give them some care and rest.” Errol glanced at the others in the party. “Do we want to take a look at that?” He nodded to the column of smoke. “If orcs are so bold this close to town… Maybe we can look in on the Dellmon’s, too.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 13
Bolts Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran feels that the group all ready have alot on their plate as it is but these people needed protecting,the old man's brow furrows as he nods and sets of towards the smoke.
 

Yavathol

Explorer
"Let's go," Ilvellios internally observed his relief that they had got the refugees to safety, and his fatigue at the long march, and reminded himself that these were temporary feelings, neither inherently good not bad..
 

Thateous

Explorer
"Ah yes, lets hurry off into the next adventure, heedless to any and all danger." A voice calls from inside the growing crowd. J.V's ears perk up as he recognizes the voice. "Thateous?" he says quizzically. The Elven ranger emerges from the crowd, expressionless as he makes his way to J.V.

"How did you find me?" "I have my ways." "What are you doing here?" "Father sent me."

"Father! I thought you were through with the family?" "I made an exception." "But why, why now!" "You stole something."

"Granddads book?" "Precisely." "And why do you care?" "Its dangerous."

The two half-brothers go back and forth for a while.

"So, what if i refuse to go quietly!" J.V. says, a sly smile crossing his face. "Two arrows to the knees and i drag you back."

"I'm stronger than i was before, I won't be beaten by you so easily." "Good, then there has been some purpose to your gallivanting. Enough small talk we have a long road home ahead of us." "But I can't leave, I have promises to keep, missions to complete." J.V. says, looking at the party. Thateous gives the group a once over before shrugging his shoulders and saying, "Then you go back and smooth things over with father and i'll finish what you started."

With that the two brothers part ways. J.V. heading off toward home and Thateous shouldering his pack while saying, "So are we going to investigate the smoke?"
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran stares looking at the exchange and is utterly confused a eternity seems to pass before he finally opens his mouth"Urm and you might be?"
 

Thateous

Explorer
"Honestly I was hoping to skip the introductions altogether or at least postpone them until we were on our way, However, if you insist... Thateous at your service. Archer, hunter, tracker and half brother to J.V."
 

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios nods in greeting, then turns his attention to the knight, "Sir Jondal, if we take our leave from you all here, will you explain the situation to the town authorities on their behalf?"
 



KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Early Afternoon
Round 0

Errol looked this Thateous over and nodded. “Well met,” he said. “Yes, apparently orcs are causing problems in the area, and that smoke might be their doing. Might be good folk out there needing some help. If everyone’s ready…”

Errol headed down the road toward the smoke, keeping an eye alert for trouble as they moved. They would be exposed on the road, but it would be quicker.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 36/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 34
Arrows used: 0
Bolts: 13
Bolts Used: 0
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
"I say, in all my years never have I seen a fortified inn" Duran smirks trying to lighten the mood.
Looking at it, it appears that it was once a small fort. At some point in its history it has been extended with a large hall added. Although the hall keeps the look of a fort, with crenelations and small windows, it is clearly nowhere near as secure at the original tower.


Sir Jondal accepts Ilvilious' suggestion that he take over the care of the refugees. "I most certainly will, you have shown yourselves to be honorable and good. I am bound to my order, but should you ever need assistance, I will do everything I can to assist you. Once I am sure these people are safe, I will return to Samular chapter house and bring some assistance here to help this town. Much of our force is engaged near Mirabar, but something close to the chapter house may offer us a chance to help and cut the teeth of some of our younger members."

Heading back the way you have just come. The smoke plume is thinning as you crest a rise and see the farm house about 200 yards away in the valley below. A two story bastille house has its lower door destroyed and one wall is crumbling smothering a pile of brush and wood used to start the fire. The building being mostly stone, there was little to burn. Nearby a low thorn bush corral is still burning away, any livestock that were in there stolen by the raiders.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
"What's the plan I imagine they will have superior numbers. Maybe I am overthinking this but they could be on the payroll of the cults and be sat in ambush."
 

TallIan

Explorer
GM: you see no one in the surrounding fields and anyone in the building is either dead or soon will be.

It would be very hard to ambush someone at this farm during the day
 
Last edited:

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top