D&D 5E Tasha’s Cauldron Delayed Outside North America

The product page for the upcoming D&D book now indicates that COVID has delayed shipping outside North America. Tasha's Cauldron of Everything releases on November 17, 2020. Due to shipping complications related to COVID-19, the physical book release of Tasha's Cauldron of Everything in Europe and APAC ONLY has been delayed to December 1, 2020. Thanks for your understanding! To reiterate...

The product page for the upcoming D&D book now indicates that COVID has delayed shipping outside North America.

CAE9B64B-514C-470E-96A4-7CD5F0C5D6C1.jpeg

Tasha's Cauldron of Everything releases on November 17, 2020.

Due to shipping complications related to COVID-19, the physical book release of Tasha's Cauldron of Everything in Europe and APAC ONLY has been delayed to December 1, 2020. Thanks for your understanding! To reiterate, this delay is only for the Europe/APAC releases, and the launch of the book in North America is not impacted at all.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I realise that the vast majority of WotC customers are in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific, but it is still somehow vaguely irritating to have two whole (populated) continents just ignored. There are D&D customers in South America and Africa too.
Trust me. Being in NA does you no good when Amazon hasn't yet stocked pre-orders less that 3 weeks away.

APAC: Asia-PACific. Quiet a common term in business relations.
Since I don't care as much for the physical books, I am satisfied if DnD Beyonds has a digital version available on Nov 17, 2020.

Usually DDB has books up for preorder a month or two in advance, but Tasha's, for some reason, is yet to appear for preorder only with only a few weeks left. Hopefully they get it up soon - my buyin' finger is getting twitchy!

This is a very sad Aussie

Yeah, me too. Us down under types really have gotten the rough end of the pineapple on the shipping front. It was true before COVID, it's even more true now. Exchange rate is bad, shipping has skyrocketed in price and quadrupled in time taken, everything is getting delayed and pushed back, and we're such a small market that we're always last on distribution priority.

Still, we're not having people die by the thousand of horrible diseases either, so it's a fairly first-world-problems thing for me to complain about, all things considered...

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I expected this down here in NZ after the Theros book was delayed but figured it wouldn't be too bad since I'll be getting it on DnDBeyond first and then the physical book some time when I get around to it.

Hm...yeah, sucks somewhat for us in Europe...then again, money's tight for November. I guess I'll get the digital version first via Beyond and then buy the physical copy on my birthday (which happens to be Decmber 1st ;) ).

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Usually DDB has books up for preorder a month or two in advance, but Tasha's, for some reason, is yet to appear for preorder only with only a few weeks left. Hopefully they get it up soon - my buyin' finger is getting twitchy!
So far, WotC has not green-lit digital pre-orders. According to the latest dev update from DDB, the situation is likely to change next week.

zhivik

Explorer
So far, WotC has not green-lit digital pre-orders. According to the latest dev update from DDB, the situation is likely to change next week.
Besides, does it matter if you pre-order or purchase it on release date if it is a digital product and there is no pre-order discount? You will get it immediately when released anyway.

Remove ads

Remove ads