Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Knight Otu

First Post
"That sounds... odd." Ashnar says silently as she looks to her companions.

[sblock=Halford]9th level here, but less than 500 XP away from 10th, and 5th level spells.

You may already know this, but Ashnar is lawful evil (leaning lawful neutral by now, I feel). Do you feel this might be detrimental?

Also, how do you prefer we go about Knowledge checks here? Just list the skills and modifiers?[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[SBLOCK=Knight Otu]
Well lets see 9th soon to be 10th is ideal, I expect it to be fairly tough as many of the creature types involved can be considered tough for their CRs. You will almost certainly have an opportunity to level up in game.

I have never had a problem with Lawful Evil PCs, and have enjoyed playing them. So as far as I am concerned Ashnar is very welcome. Feel free to plot and scheme to your hearts content, though I would appreciate forewarning if you plan anything particularily momentous, trust me I am used to it with my RL group :D.[/sblock]

[sblock=Knowledge Checks]As for Knowledge checks you can either provide me with a modifier or roll, either way I will post the information you garner in sblocks and we can go from there. Joe may also be able to supplement this information somewhat, and once you speak to him there will likely be another round of knowledge checks in anycase.[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
[SBLOCK=Knight Otu]
Well lets see 9th soon to be 10th is ideal, I expect it to be fairly tough as many of the creature types involved can be considered tough for their CRs. You will almost certainly have an opportunity to level up in game.

I have never had a problem with Lawful Evil PCs, and have enjoyed playing them. So as far as I am concerned Ashnar is very welcome. Feel free to plot and scheme to your hearts content, though I would appreciate forewarning if you plan anything particularily momentous, trust me I am used to it with my RL group :D.[/sblock]

[sblock=Knowledge Checks]As for Knowledge checks you can either provide me with a modifier or roll, either way I will post the information you garner in sblocks and we can go from there. Joe may also be able to supplement this information somewhat, and once you speak to him there will likely be another round of knowledge checks in anycase.[/sblock]

[sblock=Halford]Short of dying again or only meeting CR 1 creatures, I'm hard pressed to think of any scenario that wouldn't involve reaching level 10. ;)
We'll see whether there'll be much scheming - didn't quite work out well in the past, and as mentioned, she's growing closer to lawful neutral by now.[/sblock]

[sblock=Knowledge Checks]I guess those skills are the most likely to apply in some form:
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +9
Knowledge (geography) +9
Knowledge (history) +9
Knowledge (the planes) +14
Knowledge (religion) +14

[sblock=And these the unlikely suspects]Knowledge (arcana) +18
Knowledge (nature) +9
Knowledge (nobility) +9
Knowledge (psionics) +7[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[sblock=Ashnar's K.Planes 24]
Guardinals are a celestial race of outsiders which tend to possess animalistic traits. Many guardinals serve gods and dwell in their realms, they are fearsome foes of evil, but value peace. Leonal Guardinals are powerful creatures with the heads of lions and bipedal bodies.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ashnar's K.Religion]
[sblock=Ulura]Ulura is one of the Seven Sisters.

The daughter of Hyrag, Ulura is the moonlight that falls upon lovers' trysts, the darkness that envelops them. She is the twist in your stomach, the power of sweeping emotion and the enduring flame of passion. She knows the secret paths that lead one love to another and requires that her priests help lovers whose hearts are true find these paths. She takes special interest in selfless, unrequited love, looking after these oft spurned or unkindly treated lovers.

Her clerics may be of any neutral alignment, though their focus tends to change with their alignments. Good clerics nurture and guide lovers, urging them to faithfulness and union. Chaotic clerics embrace the passion of the goddess with little regard for consequence. Lawful clerics are the keepers of marriage rites and rituals and the aspect of Ulura that they represent is invoked in marriage ceremonies throughout Enworld. Evil clerics embrace the wreckage of love, the bereavement, madness and vengefulness.

Temples to the goddess vary widely, from formal temples that house Ulura's eternal flame to banquet halls and quiet cloistered gardens. A sect of chaotic priests have maintained holy brothels for decades, some say centuries. The appropriateness of such establishments is a topic of much interest within (and without) the worship of the goddess.

Ulura is said to be so lovely that all who see her are instantly smitten. The goddess, to protect her followers and others from her enchanting visage, wears long diaphanous robes that, largely, conceal her form and face. Even her eyes are entirely covered. Some legends and myths say that she is blind and attribute this to her rule over the darkness of night, but if Ulura is blind, it does not impair her in any way.[/sblock]

The Church of Ulura has a grand tradition of Thaumaturgists Clerics who specialize in calling outsiders to aide them. The most powerful of these Thaumaturgists are able to gain the full time service of an outsider, and in the Church of Ulura are often taken as lovers - it is not unknown for Thaumaturgists and their cohorts to be married. it would appear that Eleera is, or was, powerful indeed to have a Leonal as he paramor.[/sblock]

OOC: I will save the remainder of the checks for once joe has elaborated.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

"I need to ask for volunteers, but only the most experienced and skilled will suffice. Eleera can be trusted to reward you well, you have my word on that, and you will likely find great riches in the possession of any who can capture her." He surveys the tavern.

"Any who wish to volunteer come forward and I will tell you all I know, which is precious little at this point."

OOC: Looking for 8th-11th level PCs prepared for a fairly fast moving combat intensive adventure. Ideally I would want a post everyday or every couple of days to be our goal.

Eanos looks up expectantly at the prospect of a quest, but shakes his head as he hears the details. He looks to his fellow Knights of Monemvassia.

"I was forced to hone my abilities quickly when I first joined your group, but I fear I have been more lax in my studies of late. I tempted fate and luck once by travelling into dangers beyond my ken. I think it best I don't do so again."

((OOC: Eanos is only level 6. He eked by last time he went out on an adventure officially over his head, but I think the difference between 6th and 9th level is a lot more significant than the difference between 1st and 4th. ;) ))

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar nods at Eanos' decision. "I had suspected that, after our earlier talk. And while I'm not quite certain what to make of this story, it seems that something powerful will be involved in any case. Guardinals are celestials, foes of evil, usually with animalistic traits, which value peace. Leonals are powerful and possess lion aspects, though they are bipedal.
The church of Ulura has a tradition of thaumaturgists, who call outsiders for aid, and very experienced thaumaturgists can gain full-time service of one. Among the thaumaturgists of Ulura, they are often lovers, and isn't unheard of that they are married.
"
She stands, but doesn't go to Joe yet.

orsal

LEW Judge
Sir Nurlan looks across at Ashnar. "My friend, it sounds like you are being called. `The most experienced and skilled'. None who has witnessed your pyromagical achievements could doubt that that describes you. If you do choose to answer the call, I am sure you would do well."

ajanders

Explorer
"A lover's quarrel between a priestess and her otherly consort?"
Michael raises an eyebrow.

Who would in quarrels interpose
should prepare to wipe a bloody nose.

He settles back into his chair, looking at his cocoa as if he needs to put something in it.

"Interesting things do happen here."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

OOC: Knowledge Religion +7

Charlarn says, "That's odd, why would a celestial turn against its basic nature like that? I'm very curious. Maybe he suspects her of treachery."

Remove ads