(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
Jaan | Red Dragon inn

Tonguez said:
"Hello friends" he announces as he enters the Dragon "I am a traveller from a distant land seeking company and adventure too. Can I an my companion Heru.." he indicates the eagle "find such things here?"

"Well my friend, rumour has it that you can. I, however, have only just arrived like yourself and so cannot say so with certainty. At the moment the bartender is busy, the gnome here is out cold and my name is Jaan. I too am from distant parts, though less distant than you it would seem.

"The gnome with the bird at the other end of the bar was about to make a proposal, but its a toss up as to whether he will do so or Joe, as I believe the gentleman behind the bar is called, will throw him out for failing to introduce himself," at which he nods towards the sign above the bar.

"Several of us are waiting on that outcome it would seem. Feel free to join us."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Joe turns around from his work when (Graf's Character) doesn't introduce himself by name. He looks with a very cold stare, and points up at the sign above his head. "Introduce yourself before you make requests of others."

Then Joe picks up a small glass mug and starts polishing, but he does not take back his stare unless his request is met.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
doghead said:
"Several of us are waiting on that outcome it would seem. Feel free to join us."

"and so I will" the tatooed man grins as he rubs the last drops of water from his scalp "I had no' expected entertainment so quickly, but I have learnt that such are the ways of civilized lands.

and greetings to you also Joe" he pays respects to their host "Myself, my ancestors and Heru all thank you for your hospitality"

with that he joins Jann and the others gathering before the gnome and its strange creature...

doghead

thotd
tonguez said:
and greetings to you also Joe" he pays respects to their host "Myself, my ancestors and Heru all thank you for your hospitality"

"Customs can be varied in different parts of the world," Jaan says with a smile to the tatooed one.

"I rather suspect that in this particular part of the world, a name, or something by which you wish to be known if not your real one, is implied in Joe's request.

"But I may be wrong, being a stranger here as well."

Graf

Explorer
The robed gnome glances back at the group at the figures gathering behind him. He glowers and looks down at his feet avoiding Joes gaze while mumbling something under his breath. Then he abruptly turns around to face the room, pushing his hat back partway on his head. He yells out in a reedy voice not much louder than his normal voice, "My na-me is Koltifineous. I am an important man, a wizard. I live nearby. I'm looking for a few reli-able types to help me out with a little project." The pale fatigue-lined face manages to generate a smile, only partially obscured by a huge down-turned nose.

The thing on his shoulder lets out bark like a dog and flaps it's wings, "WORK FOR KOLTY!" it bellows, slapping its deformed body up and down on `Kolty's' shoulder.
The lines on the wizards face deepen as he scowls, "Kolt-i-fin-e-ous. And yes. You three are good. Fine."
Koltifineous mouth seems to involuntarily turn down at the ends when he looks at Tamatea but all he says is, "Ah, four, perfect,"
Without pause he adds "We'll have to leave immediately. My tower is not so far away. I'll explain as we go."

Tristan Agencourt

"This seems highly irregualer, Master Wizard, but as i have little else to do i shall induldge you for now." Tristan shoulders his pack and prepares to follow the gnomish wizard.

doghead

thotd
Graf said:
<snip>"My na-me is Koltifineous. I am an important man, a wizard. I live nearby. I'm looking for a few reli-able types to help me out with a little project." <snip>

<snip>

The lines on the wizards face deepen as he scowls, "Kolt-i-fin-e-ous. And yes. You three are good. Fine."
Koltifineous mouth seems to involuntarily turn down at the ends when he looks at Tamatea but all he says is, "Ah, four, perfect,"
Without pause he adds "We'll have to leave immediately. My tower is not so far away. I'll explain as we go."

"Greetings Koltifineous. As I have just got here, it won't take me long to get ready to leave." Jaan checks the bar to see if he has left anything on it.

"Ready.

"Although I still would like to know the name of the tatooed one. Otherwise I shall be forced, out of the necessity of having something to call him, to use Bluey or You and your ancestors or some such."

JDragon

Explorer
Graf said:
...(SNIP)..."We'll have to leave immediately. My tower is not so far away. I'll explain as we go."

"Master Koltifineous, would you have need of a fifth?" says Sebastian as he raises his head off the table and looks over at the gathering crowd, and then thinking of the Lady Katherine, inquires "and possibly a sixth?"

Standing to move toward the stairs to fetch the lady if Koltifineous agrees.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
A belated sence of self preservation promptes Jaan to hold back a little as the group mills around, awaiting Koltifineous' response to the "potential fifth's" inquiry. He reachs out with his senses to see if he can detect the presence of evil.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
doghead said:
"Although I still would like to know the name of the tatooed one. Otherwise I shall be forced, out of the necessity of having something to call him, to use Bluey or You and your ancestors or some such."

Tamatea laughs amused by the strange ways of this strange assemblage, although he is a little taken aback at the gnomes grimace upon sighting him.

"Bluey?" he repeats looking at Jaan quizzically "I apologise in my culture to ask a mans name is the height of ignorance - afterall I could be somebody famous and known by all - on the otherhand to give ones name is the height of rudeness as it presumes that you do not know who I am

of course now that you have asked I am forced to recite my geneology back to to creation of the first woman-made-from-earth, do you think the gnome has a spare day to give us whilst I go through the recitation?

Then again perhaps my fathers name would suffice if so then I am the son of Tama Ariki High Chief of Motutapu in Hawaiki raro far across the open sea and his wife my mother is Hina daughter of Makea, sister to Tamoro of Vevau

I am called Tamatea Ariki"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads