(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_o

Explorer
"Sorry," Dylan smiles, running his fingers over his chin, "I'm Dylan Pontius - former, and perhaps future sailor. We're just in port thanks to that storm a'brew, but perhaps it's better that way. After all, how would I get ahold of this fine whiskey without it?"

Reaching down, he unbuckles his rapier, laying it haphazardly on the counter before him, and leans back on his elbows.

After a few minutes of the bar going about its buisness some of the more regular patrons start to observe the lack of the high pitched squeel that Tiggle normaly brings to the atmosphere. It is then that anyone looking notices that the gnome is still slumped on his stool and his head is laying on the bar. The odd thing is the bar appears to be a darken wood where his head is laying than the rest.

doghead

thotd
Jaan | Red Dragon inn

Once again the door opens letting in a damp gust of wind and a nondescript figure dressed, as you would be, in a large clock. Once inside the figure carefully closes the door behind him then throws off his hood, revealing a young man with close cropped hair and grey eyes. As he shrugges some of the wet off his clock, he looks around the room, then heads over to the bar.

Those watching and close enough would notice him laugh softly under his breath and say quietly, "So it is true. I wondered about that part." Reaching the bar he turns, and to no one in particular announces himself.

"I am Jaan Saaresar of the north, were the wind is cold but the people are warm," and with that he makes a small bow.

Turning back to the bar he says to Joe, "Is there something wrong with your Gnome?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Joe, without turning around to see if your talking to him, shrugs and continues working on one of the valves to his brewery devices.

Graf

Explorer
Koltifineous

The door slides open and a drenched figure, half the height of a man, slouches into the room. A green winged creature the size of a large bird, though considerably uglier, clings to his shoulder and a dark brown stick is clutched in his hand. Water runs of the brim of his wide hat as he alternates between ineffectually shaking his arms about and trying to rub water off of his patched grey robes. The creature desperately clings to his shoulder flapping bat-wings to maintain its precarious perch and staring about with a single yellow eye.
After a few moments the new arrival gives up, and makes its straight up to bar and Joe. As he approaches the robed gnome puts up his free hand as if to forestall something.

"Really I'm in quite a rush here Joe. Very bi-usy. I just need to hire a few hands. No need to go through the whole pro-cess now is there? Just need an introduction to a few reliable sorts to give me a bit of a hand."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Jaan | Red Dragon | at the bar

Jaan ponders Joe's responce for a moment, then moves down to the end of the bar where the gnome is spralled. Without disturbing him, Jaan gives him a once over just be sure that the gnome is doing all the necessary things like breathing.*

As he finishes, the unknown stranger arrives at the bar and makes his pitch. Jaan straightens up and checks out the new arrival.

This could be interesting. I wonder what he wants? And I wonder how Joe is going to take the breach of ettiquet.

*OOC: Heal +3, the following kinda assumes that there appears to be nothing wrong with the gnome.

Last edited:

dave_o

Explorer
Dylan smiles at the gnome, nodding his head gently, and gives an equal nod to the gnome's creature. His eyebrows raise inquisitively at the mention of work, and after absently patting his gold pouch, Dylan realizes that he could use some work indeed.

Damn! I hope that my bad introduction to this Joe fellow hasn't ruined my chances at this - and just who is this gnome gentleman?

OOC - Bardic Knowledge +1 to, perhaps, have an idea as to who this robed gnome could be.

doghead

thotd
Noticing the sailor's attention is also on the robed gnome, Jaan says, "Well, if Joe doesn't kick you out, you would seem to have an audience for your proposal of at least two.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Enjoying the curious looks of those he passes Tamatea approaches the Red Dragon Inn that he has been told is the best place in town to learn more about this strange land. The dark skinned human is covered from the top of his bald shaved head down to his ankles in tatoo depicting various birds and animals, people, sail craft and various whorls and geometric patterns, an eagle is perched on his left arm.

"Hello friends" he announces as he enters the Dragon "I am a traveller from a distant land seeking company and adventure too. Can I an my companion Heru.." he indicates the eagle "find such things here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads