(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipehunt

First Post
Llolian turns to the bar where Tiggle is slumped. Growing concerned, Llorian walks over and touches the gnome gently on the shoulder, and says, "Tiggle? Tiggle, are you feeling well?" He looks closely at the wood, worried that it might be blood, but suspecting it is another odd mixture Tiggle put together, or perhaps the drool of an overtired gnome.

Llolian watches the four (or five) get ready to accompany the stranger on his mission. He wonders if he will seen any of them again. He would join them, but he is concerned that Tiggle needs help.

dave_o

Explorer
Slipping off the bar with unnatural ease, Dylan reaches out, scooping his rapier into his hand a quickly belting it at his side. He stands with a slight swagger.

"Well, Koltifineous, I'm in port and have little else to do. Lead on!"

doghead

thotd
Tonguez said:
Tamatea laughs amused by the strange ways of this strange assemblage, although he is a little taken aback at the gnomes grimace upon sighting him.

"Bluey?" he repeats looking at Jaan quizzically "I apologise in my culture to ask a mans name is the height of ignorance - afterall I could be somebody famous and known by all - on the otherhand to give ones name is the height of rudeness as it presumes that you do not know who I am

of course now that you have asked I am forced to recite my geneology back to to creation of the first woman-made-from-earth, do you think the gnome has a spare day to give us whilst I go through the recitation?

Then again perhaps my fathers name would suffice if so then I am the son of Tama Ariki High Chief of Motutapu in Hawaiki raro far across the open sea and his wife my mother is Hina daughter of Makea, sister to Tamoro of Vevau

I am called Tamatea Ariki"

Jaan grins.

"Well, it is lucky that I only expressed my desire to know and did not actually ask you for your name. I would not wish to be accussed of ignorance or poor manners, as then my culture would deem that I must challenge the one who had cast my name into disrepute, and all sorts of mayhem would ensue. Not a good way to begin a relationship of any kind. What luck we have to be so fortunate that such misfortune did not befall us."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
doghead said:
Jaan grins.

"Well, it is lucky that I only expressed my desire to know and did not actually ask you for your name. I would not wish to be accussed of ignorance or poor manners, as then my culture would deem that I must challenge the one who had cast my name into disrepute, and all sorts of mayhem would ensue. Not a good way to begin a relationship of any kind. What luck we have to be so fortunate that such misfortune did not befall us."

"Precisely" Tamatea grinned "and indeed it is lucky that you only expressed such a desire and did not ask directly. Also that our association did not begin with an exchange of challenges and grimaces that might have escalated beyond our desire or control.

But as we are now aquainted on more congenial terms and have this mans and his creatures offer before us shall we proceed henceforth in friendship and take up afore mentioned offer?"

(ooc why do I feel like part of a Jack Vance novel?)

doghead

thotd
Jaan and others | Red Dragon Inn

As the tatooed one's reply starts winding its way though the congenials, henceforths and aformentioneds, Jaan begins to wonder if his new aquaintance is just replying in kind, or thinks that Jaan always talks like that.

He certainly does take custom very seriously. Perhaps you had better think twice before being flippant. It would not be the first time your attempts at lightness have got you into trouble, despite your intentions.

Jaan simply nods in responce.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
The wizard turns from the door at Sebastian's offer. "My funds are limited. it would mean a lower payment for all of you. But no, no objection."
"If they wish to include you, so be it. I'll not tarry long in either event."
The gnome crosses his arms and waits. The thing on his shoulder snaps its head about looking at those around it.

JDragon

Explorer
Graf said:
The wizard turns from the door at Sebastian's offer. "My funds are limited. it would mean a lower payment for all of you. But no, no objection."
"If they wish to include you, so be it. I'll not tarry long in either event."
The gnome crosses his arms and waits. The thing on his shoulder snaps its head about looking at those around it.

"Then I shall, pass on this opportunity for now and see what else develops. Plus the weather doesn’t look like much fun for travel now anyways. Good luck to you all, and I look forward to hearing your tales when you return.”

And at this Sebastian returns to his seat and relaxes.

As both Jaan and Llolian check on poor Tigggle, it does become aparent that it is blood staining the bar. Luckily it is a mere cut above the eye and Jaans attempts at healing Tiggle are succesful (mechanics: roll 11 +3 = 14 > DC 10) at stopping any further blood flow. Other than the apparent cut, close inspection does show that the bargnome has been ruffed up a bit as his body is bruised in many places. The injuries are not serious and Tiggle does appear to be peaceful in his sleep dispite the awkward position.

JDragon

Explorer
Casar Couer De' Lion said:
As both Jaan and Llolian check on poor Tigggle, it does become aparent that it is blood staining the bar. Luckily it is a mere cut above the eye and Jaans attempts at healing Tiggle are succesful (mechanics: roll 11 +3 = 14 > DC 10) at stopping any further blood flow. Other than the apparent cut, close inspection does show that the bargnome has been ruffed up a bit as his body is bruised in many places. The injuries are not serious and Tiggle does appear to be peaceful in his sleep dispite the awkward position.

Standing up and walking over to see what all the commotion is around the bar, Sebastian see Tiggle unconscious on the bar with the others tending him.

"Shall we wake him to see what has happened or let him sleep?"

"If we wait to long who ever has done this might slip away."

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
"So he's going to be ok?" Llolian asks Jaan. "Didn't Tiggle say something about having to see his crew off right before he, uh, took this nap?"

Llolian can't think of a reason why Tiggle would be hurt in his own bar. Tiggle didn't imply that he was attacked or anything, and Joe seems unconcerned about the bartender lieing bloody and bruised on the bar.

Still, Llolian can't just abandon this. He reaches over and nudges Tiggle, and says, "Tiggle, are you OK? Do you need anything?" He shakes Tiggle gently, then a little harder, trying to wake him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases