• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lichtenhart

First Post
JDragon said:
Just catching the question as he slips out the door, Sebastian looks back. " I see no reason not, its an open invite and their is strenght in numbers." Smiles and continues out to the stables.

[Sebastian has left the building]

Serene Wind than turns to the bartender, he bows politely as he did before and runs to the stables after the others.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
No one seems to notice the unobtrusive halfling wringing out his sodden cloak in the doorway. At least not until he waves toward the bartender calling out, "Howdy, Joe. It's me, Blackjack." He wipes his feet on the door mat, and hangs his cloak up by the fire to dry out a bit. On his way to bar, he pauses and glances over the bulletin board, his eyes linger for a moment on the one notice posted only a yard off the ground. Climbing up on a barstool amongst the other patrons, he orders up a pint and asks Joe, "You haven't seen my caravan since we came through last season, have you? I seem to have misplaced them."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
sara saunters over to the bar, grabs the last two drinks Joe has set up and says "Could you mark these off and keep the list for me? I should be back..." then heads for the stables herself.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Jack Haggerty said:
On his way to bar, he pauses and glances over the bulletin board, his eyes linger for a moment on the one notice posted only a yard off the ground.

A note has been added to the bottom of the announcement. "Caravan routes slow of late. Advise taking Big-Little Pass to make interview deadline."

Blackjack will recognize the nickname of Rontera's Rift, a steep but passable shortcut through the mountain range between the Red Dragon and the citystate of Earling. The giants who make the rift their home have always proved equally hostile to bandits and caravans, much to the large trading families' dismay. However, it is well known amoung halflings that occasional individuals or small groups of the shorter races could negotiatate passage by performing tasks the giants' weight and size made difficult. Hence the nickname "Big-Little" as it was rare that one of "normal" size would journey there.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Jack Haggerty said:
"You haven't seen my caravan since we came through last season, have you? I seem to have misplaced them."

Jack shrugs at Joe's customary silence. "No matter. They'll turn up sooner or later."

Kahuna Burger said:
A note has been added to the bottom of the announcement. "Caravan routes slow of late. Advise taking Big-Little Pass to make interview deadline."

"Harrumph," Jack complains to no one in particular around swallows of beer, "Seems like a lot of trouble to go rat catching for loose change.

"Nevertheless, it'll give me something to do, I suppose, until Uncle Victor and the gang show up."

Jack makes his way over to a corner table, where he pulls out a deck of cards and practices a few tricks.

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
A tall, handsome man enters the tavern. He casually glances over the crowd, nods and walks over to Joe. He hands him a small purse, and Joe nods.

The man walks over to the podium, climbs on it and says: "Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have a moment of your time! My name is Janos, and I have a small task with which I require some assistance."

"An evil wizard has taken residence a few miles north from my home, and I need some people to, ehm, kill him. I'm afraid my funds are limited so I can only hire four of you."

"The reward will be as high, because the risk is high: Each person who survives will recieve five hundred gold pieces. This is all I will tell you now. Once you have accepted this task, I will outline the details. Should any of you be interested, please have a drink with me, and we'll see where we go from there. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your time!"

He steps down and walks to a corner of the room, where he sits down and waits for someone to bring him a drink.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
"An evil wizard has taken residence a few miles north from my home, and I need some people to, ehm, kill him. I'm afraid my funds are limited so I can only hire four of you."

"The reward will be as high, because the risk is high: Each person who survives will recieve five hundred gold pieces. This is all I will tell you now. Once you have accepted this task, I will outline the details. Should any of you be interested, please have a drink with me, and we'll see where we go from there. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your time!"

He steps down and walks to a corner of the room, where he sits down and waits for someone to bring him a drink.

"Oh, hey," Jack mutters to himself, "Now that's some serious head-money." He hops off his chair and heads over to Janos' table, stopping along the way only to pick up a bottle of whiskey and a couple of glasses from the bar.

He climbs into the chair next to his prospective employer and pours rotgut into the glasses. Jack props his feet up on the table, (an extraordinary task for a halfling sitting at a human's table, if you've ever seen it) raises his glass and states simply, "Cheers, Mister, you've just hired yourself a backstabber."

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Jack pulls his feet off the table to keep them from falling asleep. He pulls out his deck of cards again and starts in on a game of solitaire while he waits for three more adventurers to sit down... or for Mr. Audron to say something.

jasamcarl

First Post
Draven walks through the entrance to the Red Dragon, and obvious spring in his step. He walks up to bar and, upon tipping the bartender, asks of the latest news. Joe points a finger to the man on the podium who is seems to be making an annoucement.

After Janos finishes, Draven smiles and speaks aloud, "I'm sure that even the bravest of soles would like a little luck when facing a practitioner of the black arts. I offer the blessing of Grendath to this expedition and would see his power put to Sir Audron's use. What say you, Janos?"

Janos Audron

Explorer
Janos smiles at the halfling, amused. He pours himself a glass of whiskey, raises it and takes a sip. "You have a good taste." he compliments the halfling. "If you don't mind, I'll tell you the whole story when there are four of you. Though I wouldn't mind if you introduced yourself."

"Follower of Grendath, please join us." Janos speaks in a calm voice. "We have some whiskey here and I think it's a little too much for the two of us." and he nods to the halfling. "So if you are sincere about accepting this task, please, have a drink and introduce yourself..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads