(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn III

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OoC: On my way :)

Sir Ishmael smiles warmly at the boy and tosses a copper penny to him in appreciation. "My thanks to you, lad", he nods as the boy accepts the sign of his good will.

The halfling took his leave of the barkeep and the boy, droping from the bar stool and bowing with the grace that only a knight could have. "Farewell, gentlemen. I will see you once again and with a quest completed to my name"

He swiftly walks to the door and the outside. Sir Ishmael approaches his tethered warpony and unties the loyal steed.

"Come, Courage! Adventure calls and we will answer!" he urges his mount after he seats himself comfortably atop the saddle. Courage neighs in response to his master's feet and within minutes, Paladin and Mount disappear from the inn's sight, a cloud of dust marking their passage.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
nimisgod said:
OoC: On my way :)

Sir Ishmael smiles warmly at the boy and tosses a copper penny to him in appreciation. "My thanks to you, lad", he nods as the boy accepts the sign of his good will.

The halfling took his leave of the barkeep and the boy, droping from the bar stool and bowing with the grace that only a knight could have. "Farewell, gentlemen. I will see you once again and with a quest completed to my name"

He swiftly walks to the door and the outside. Sir Ishmael approaches his tethered warpony and unties the loyal steed.

"Come, Courage! Adventure calls and we will answer!" he urges his mount after he seats himself comfortably atop the saddle. Courage neighs in response to his master's feet and within minutes, Paladin and Mount disappear from the inn's sight, a cloud of dust marking their passage.

The boy pockets the penny as he shakes his head and says to no one in particular, 'That was the strangest Knight I've ever seen...' ,which isn't saying much, as he was a young lad,and had many years yet to go, but still.

dpdx

Explorer
Uriel said:
Sir Ishmael peers outside, noting that a Dwarf had just rode off, mounting a palamino horse far too large for him, riding after the goup that the lad spoke of. Two City-Heralds still stood outside, holding the reings of two horses and a black pony....how the poor Dwarf missed the Pony is a mystery
[Okay, you originally said there was only one pony, Sprout. Shall I change my post again and take the black one?]

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
dpdx said:
[Okay, you originally said there was only one pony, Sprout. Shall I change my post again and take the black one?]
I was just mesing with you...i added that pony for humor, Rurik was in a hurry. You can ride the sturdy black pony, hehe.

Hof

Explorer
A bald but young man in rather unusual garb enters the tavern. He is obviously tired, yet his clothing is clean.

After blabling something in a beautiful but incomprehensible tongue ("
Blessings to one and all
" for those who underdstand celestial), the man adresses the crowd.

"Greetings fellow mortals. We are ever so pleased to meet you. If you so desire, you may call us Dioran Uthelem."

Dioran then walks inside at a leisurely pace, looking around for the bartender.

GPEKO

First Post
A very ugly and muscular half-orc enters the Red Dragon, appearing a little bit lost. He wears a chain shirt and a long polearm is strap on his back.

"Me Gath. Me smash or me guard. Anybody need smashing or guarding ?"

Getting no immediate response, Gath orders a hot soup and some ale.

buzzard

First Post
The Tavern doors open to admit a very large Half Orc. While it is possible that it was a face a mother could love, it appears that a large number of fights might have fixed that.

He is dressed in a wicked looked suit of spiked chain mail. You would think he might be an adventurer, but he seems to be lacking the equipment. He has no backpack, no weapons, not even a belt pouch. You get the idea that maybe he forgot something.

He looks around the room seeming to gauge those present. He walks up to the bald young man and says "You look like adventurer. You dress funny. I want to be adventurer. Take me along. "

buzzard

Hof

Explorer
Dioran stares intently for about ten seconds at a point some three inches above the head of the half-orc in the spike/chain ensemble. Then he speaks.

"A curious demand, sir, yet we may be able to comply. Should the path to our destiny run parallel to yours at this time, we will be glad to accompany you on whatever endeavor we may find. Unfortunately, we cannot say to have any immediate goal in mind."

Dioran speaks a little louder, for all to hear:
"Perhaps one of the more regular patrons here knows of a task worthy of our efforts. As to our vocation, let us say this: We are a conduit for powers of the worlds beyond. If the need arises, we can summon forth the arcane arts to do our bidding."

He then takes a seat on a bench, neither inviting anyone to join him, nor discouraging anyone to do so. He proceeds to order a light dinner, with which he seems to have a rather one-sided discussion (in Abyssal), before starting to devour it all.

Hof.

buzzard

First Post
Hof said:
Dioran stares intently for about ten seconds at a point some three inches above the head of the half-orc in the spike/chain ensemble. Then he speaks.

"A curious demand, sir, yet we may be able to comply. Should the path to our destiny run parallel to yours at this time, we will be glad to accompany you on whatever endeavor we may find. Unfortunately, we cannot say to have any immediate goal in mind."

"Good. I follow you then. You find adventure, I will follow. I am Lupic. They call me strongarm. I will fight things with you. You say you do magic. I have seen magicians do tricks in taverns. I hope you do better than them. "

Hof said:
He then takes a seat on a bench, neither inviting anyone to join him, nor discouraging anyone to do so. He proceeds to order a light dinner, with which he seems to have a rather one-sided discussion (in Abyssal), before starting to devour it all.

Hof.

Lupic will sit with him at the table and watch him eat. He stares intently at the food. It appears that he might have just realized that having some money for food might have been a good idea.

buzzard

Last edited:

Hof

Explorer
Dioran quietly eat his meal. When he is finished he looks at Lupic for a few seconds before speaking.
"We shall see whether our magical capabilities live up to your expectations. As soon as we find some kind of employment of course."

After muttering to himself for about a minute, Dioran says:
"If you are as hungry as you seem, you need only ask us."

He then beckons for one of the waitresses to come, still looking at the half-orc and waiting for a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads